SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Healing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lovegrace

Healing

This season in my life is restoration. It's not something I've intended, instead, it's God's intention.

Recently, God has been saying 'rest' 'rest'. Yet, with my young zeal, I want to go and go.

I've had people give me some illustrations on the 'danger of going when you need to wait'. For example, Star Wars. Luke and his father both didn't wait and both of them lost an arm.

Then, very recently I was speaking this season of my life to a friend and I had a interesting vision. I had a vision of me with two swords (I don't like sheilds, I like fighting till the end. My other sword will be a sheild :-P ) and I was covered in blood and scars.

God said to me, "You need to put down the swords and rest." This brought a major conviction to my heart.

Everyday I'm asking the Lord ,"Now can I go?" And I'm coming to learn, God is continually saying no to me.

I try to 'give my whole heart' to resting. Yet, it's too silly. I tried to 'psyc' myself out. It didn't work.

Please pray that I rest and enjoy it. That I rejoice in His word for me because I'm soo fustrated with this.

2007/9/18 19:55Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Healing

Many times God has told me to wait..
When I want to go Africa. I was so sure I was going, but God said wait. I wasn't able to be a missionary at that time. God had a better plan.

Really beloved Gods will, is better then anything we think is good.

a mind set on Christ has peace,
with thanksgiving pray
and let him know your needs
and he give you peace, a mind set
on holy things.

Our thoughts need to captive by Christ.

May God draw you close, beloved I will pray he will do a mighty work in you..

Holiness and deep awe of God.

Beloved may you gain a deep hunger for God.. To this I will pray for you..

Hunger for God- John Piper

Pray that God would be what what you hunger for most

"His goodness shines with brightest rays when we delight in all his ways
His glory overflows its rim when we are satisfied in him
His radiance will fill the earth when people revel in his worth
The beauty of God’s holy fire Burns brightest in the heart’s desire"

Whom have I have in Heaven but thee?
And there is nothing upon earth that I desire besides thee
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion for ever, Ps 73

Pray you would have a understand the meaning of fasting- our deep homesickness for God
Pray you would have a deep hunger and appetite for God
Pray that your physical appetite would lessen as our hunger for Christ gets stronger
Pray you long to be satiated in Christ
Pray you see your physical satisfaction, don’t compare to Christ
Pray you would dine with Christ, enjoy the riches He has for His children.

“ the fullness of God’s presence with all his wisdom and purifying power”

“ And many small acts of preferring fellowship with God above food can form a habit of communion and contentment that makes one ready for the ultimate sacrifice”

“ Do I really hunger for God? Do I long for Him? Or have I begun to be content with his gifts?

“I humble myself with fasting” Ps 35:13
Pray that anger, bitterness, jealousy, strife, fear, or any other sin will be exposed.

“ fasting and eating are worship, Both magnify Christ. Both send the heart grateful and yearning to the Giver”

Pray that our hearts might be “awaken a hunger for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy all all peoples.”

Pray you are awaken, to reality of God’s beautity

In His LOve
charlene

2007/9/18 23:01Profile

Dear Joshua,

Thank you for sharing all this, as you've been on my heart for a while... so this is why!

Brother, you've got the right idea 'rest and enjoy it'.

[i]Do[/i] rejoice in His word for you, as it is in this - whatever it is - you must rest....[i]always[/i].

If it's a while since you read the story of David, take some time to examine his 'hattle' strategy while you're resting. Did God [i]ever[/i] do things the same way twice with him?

This 'place' of doing nothing, is the place of dead men - who have no opinion and no strength of their own. From [u]here[/u] true resurrection life can quicken you as never before. Your first choice is always to do His will - and this is what you are demonstrating now, by resting. The evening and the morning were the first day.... rest first... see?

2007/9/19 3:12

Quote:

lovegrace wrote:
This season in my life is restoration. It's not something I've intended, instead, it's God's intention.

Recently, God has been saying 'rest' 'rest'. Yet, with my young zeal, I want to go and go.
[edit] Then, very recently I was speaking this season of my life to a friend and I had a interesting vision. I had a vision of me with two swords (I don't like sheilds, I like fighting till the end. My other sword will be a sheild :-P ) and I was covered in blood and scars.

God said to me, "You need to put down the swords and rest." This brought a major conviction to my heart. [edit]

Please pray that I rest and enjoy it. That I rejoice in His word for me because I'm soo fustrated with this.

I will pray for you but you sound like Naaman offering up reasons not to obey God and dip seven times in the Jordan River!! (2 Kings 5.1-14) Like his servant I ask you... if God "had bid thee do some great thing,(with your two swords!), wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee" rest? v13

Well, this is AS important to Him or He would not have spoke it to you. There two sides to obedience (obedience to do and obedience not to do) ... It sounds like the Lord is trying to teach you something on this side of obedience!! :-? :-P ;-) But will you let Him?

Take comfort, God is with you or He wouldn't be speaking to you. We need to learn to obey in the little things as well as the huge things!!

God bless you in your walk with Him!!!
Lisa

2007/9/19 6:03
lovegrace

Re:

Awaken, wow. It's almost like you know exactually what's going on.

I was journaling last night and happened to glimspe over another vision I had, more than 2 months ago of me being wounded and Christ pulling the arrows out of my skin and restoring me.

With both. I've come to understand, first off. I shouldn't have had '2 swords'. I SHOULD have a shield, to protect me from arrows.

God's been saying, I need to been eating of His word more often and continual.

And He's been saying, because of my zeal, I'll be in this season longer than I want but as soon as I'm fully restored, I'll run back on the field to fight. For example, God said to me today "If you could wait, you would've been healed by now. But since you can't wait, I'm keeping u wounded."

Anywho, Thanks for your prayers. Please continue

2007/9/19 16:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy