SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A day set apart

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
matthew

A day set apart

I have found that when I make a specific plan to evangelize I am more bold, and (probably because of the smallness of my faith) when I am accountable to my brothers and sisters (not just my Father) I am less likely to wimp out. I have been mucch edified by this site, I was wondering if you would join me to hit the streets for the purpose of evangelism.

What I'm thinking is this: June 19th is a summer Saturday, the field is white to harvest, if I may be so bold as to invite (for want of a better word) us all to take a step of faith and be deliberate to evangelize.

Please join me, find a brother (or sister) and go out two by two to the streets (or wherever there's a crowd) and spread the GOSPEL (I say as opposed to the counterfit that is circulated today).

matthew

2004/5/17 13:37Profile
matthew

Re:

My hope is that we might step out and be strengthened by eachother's faith (and fithfulness)

I mentioned the 19th because I know there are several of us who aren’t "comfortable" with our abilities.

In a month there should be plenty of time to learn...if you want to learn.

Sorry if this is common knowlege...if you want to learn, go to other speakers A-F find Ray Comfort, start with "hell's best kept secret" and go from there to any of his stuff. He also has a sight www.thewayofthemaster.com
The sight is devoted to equip the saints to evangelize. if you want to the tools are at your fingertips.

matthew

2004/5/17 13:39Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Sorry if this is common knowlege...if you want to learn, go to other speakers A-F find Ray Comfort, start with "hell's best kept secret" and go from there to any of his stuff. He also has a sight www.thewayofthemaster.com

I think thats a great idea of us to plan to get friends together and go out on a specific date like june 19th. I hope many people heed that calling and get on fire for God and zealous for souls.

Brother Matthew as per the website of Ray Comfort's you have recommended, I think its a quite good resource but I would ask can we really learn to evangelize? I wonder if Jesus thought the disciples to evanglize? It seems to me that he rather just gave them spiritual authority for that work and where does that authority come from, well I would say it comes from being in the presence of the master and [b]knowing[/b] Him. I think one of the worst things of for people who really don't know God to go out and share about Him and the laws of God and the Holiness of God when they really never have had an adequate encouter with that Holiness of His presence. :-(

I believe if we get closer to God and have divine communion with Him daily and know His heart and His ways then it will be natural to share about the God that means so much to you. Its as the apostles said:

[b]1 John 1:1[/b] - That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched--this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

I believe that nothing less than that for us will be adequate. We need to hear, see, and look upon God in our time of fellowship with God before we can go out and proclaim Him. Many people just say well Jesus told the disciples to go out and share the good news 'the great commission' but I think we need to have Jesus say that personally to each one of us, "Greg, go out and share my life with your frind matt, or go out and preach on the street corner here telling the good news'. But I would rather know that people are being commisioned with [b]authority[/b] by God rather than [i]just[/i] being taught a few things and then going off feeling adequate in themselves of what to say and do.

Don't get me wrong brother I know there is great fruit from many ministries in evangelism but wouldn't you agree that simply you couldn't give 1 million tracts out and expect to see God move. If that was the case what are we waiting for lets get all of our money together as Christians in North America and Make One big broadcast that will go out over 70% of the eart to share the gospel? well no. why? because God wants us to individually as lead and taught of the Holy Spirit what to say to people. And truly its not just with words but with words [i]with[/i] power! the former will no avail against the powers of darkness over peoples lifes.

2004/5/17 15:41Profile
matthew

Re:

Thank you, I appreciate your concern and points.

For clarification, I guess that I assumed (since there is really no pressure or reason for anyone to respond to my invitation) that only those who had a genuine concern for the lost would respond. I don't know how that could be given apart from the working of the Spirit.

Yes I do think we can "learn" (if we understand that anything we "learn is only if taught by the spirit) to evangelize--at least as much as we can learn to live a holy life, or to teach or preach. if you hide yourself in a box and say "I've got all I need. It's just me and the bible...Why would you expose yourselves to the teachers on this site if not to learn.

I don't know.

matthew

2004/5/17 17:45Profile
KeithLaMothe

Re:

Evangelism requires something from God that we cannot procure from books, teachers, etc... but I also think we should read at least some of Ray Comfort's stuff if we want to evangelize, as God has (I believe) really annointed Ray to teach on the subject, and the use of God's Law in evangelism is so critical.

2004/5/17 21:48Profile
matthew

Re:

Hi,

Does not EVERY part of the Christian walk require something from God we can't get from books?

Psalm 127:1
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.
is this not applicable to every part of the Christian walk? Could you not read the bible for hours every day and, unless enlightened by the Spirit, take nothing from it?

Forgive me for being inappropriately forward. I guess I must have been off the mark. Thank you for putting my head on straight. I am confused though...where is there harm (assuming you are regenerate) in evangelizing? By evangelizing I don't mean scattering tracts to as many as you can in 20 min, but trying to bring those in the world to repentance by giving them an awareness of their sin through use of the law.

Did Jesus (or anyone for that matter) in scripture ever discourage it? Where is it stated that beyond your own rebirth, there is a prerequisite for spreading the gospel?

Perhaps it is only I who am confused (I do actually want to learn where I am mistaken...Please don't think I am being proud...I want to learn) if so, please send me a message if you can help. Otherwise, if it could be a benefit to others, please reply in the forum.

matthew

2004/5/18 9:03Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy