SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Must Listen: Whom Did Jesus Taste Death (Piper)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Must Listen: Whom Did Jesus Taste Death (Piper)

MUST HEAR! For Whom Did Jesus Taste Death by John Piper

This is a very powerful message worth hearing again and again. We love Him because He first loved us.

Son 7:10 I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me.

1Jn 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

1Jn 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
Heb 2:12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
Heb 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

All glory and honor to the precious Lamb of God! May the lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering!

God bless you!
-Abraham

Edit: HTML error

2007/9/17 20:22
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Must Listen: Whom Did Jesus Taste Death (Piper)

This is so great brother.. Thank you...
Glory Glory to God..

Amen
In His Love
charlene

2007/9/17 20:28Profile

Re:

The precious truth that Jesus loves His church in a particular and special way became more clear and real when I began to study Song of Solomon. He is in love with her particularly and not with all women.

The humbling side of this, is that His love for is all a manifestation of His sovereign love and Mercy. He didn't set His love upon us because of something we did or ever will do. He gave Himself for us when we where His enemies. He loved us effectually and affectionately when we where once God haters and children of wrath.

This precious truth births deeper affections and love to Jesus from His bride.

Since reading just the first 2 chapters of Song of Solomon, my Beloved has drawn me into a greater knowledge of His love for me. This is where motivation to serve and love God comes from.

Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Son 2:16 My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

2007/9/21 23:42
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I agree when I started reading the bible, and I came to Song of Solomon. I was was amazed, at how much God loved me. How much he loved me as his bride. This brith in me a great love for my God. And peace of heart, knowing how he has and always will love me. I can't win his love. He loves in the same everyday.
Wonderful and Sweet to know I am loved.
In his love
charlene

2007/9/22 0:26Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy