SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : 39 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE REVIVAL CONFERENCE

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 39 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE REVIVAL CONFERENCE

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/revival/revivalc8.gif[/img]

[i]There is no cost to attend the conference but it is asked that you pre-register at: http://revivalconference.eventbrite.com to secure a seat for the event. Visit www.revivalconference.com for more information.[/i]

[b]39 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE REVIVAL CONFERENCE[/b]

Stirring Ourselves To Prayer

The prophet Isaiah lived in a time when Israel was in a backslidden condition. Her cup of iniquity had become almost full and she was soon to be carried away captive to a heathen land. There were mountains of difficulties in the way of God's work. The people were divided, and nothing, it seemed, could bring them together. The worst thing was their lukewarmness--the hardest thing in the world with which to deal.

The adversaries were ridiculing and mocking, saying, "Where is your God?" These taunts did not trouble Israel very much, because there was very little fear of God among the people. In the midst of this situation, Isaiah perceived that if God would only come down, that is, if He would manifest His presence, it would solve every problem of the nation.

"Oh that thou wouldest rend the Heavens, that Thou wouldest come down, that the mountains might flow down at Thy presence, as when the melting fire burneth, the fire causeth the waters to boil, to make Thy name known to Thine adversaries, that the nations may tremble at Thy presence!" (Isa 64:1,2).

The mountains would flow down at His presence. Nothing could stand in the presence of Almighty God, and His manifested presence would break down every barrier and sweep away everything that hindered. He saw that God's fire would melt the people and bring them together by His power. He saw that the waters would be made to boil, so that lukewarmness would vanish.

Best of all, God's name would be made known to the adversaries. Skepticism would be swept away, and His people would tremble in His presence.

Similar Conditions Today

Without a doubt we are living in a time similar to that of Isaiah's day. We see conditions in America are terrible. There are divisions among God's people. False doctrines and cults have swept thousands into fanaticism and delusions of vast variety. On every hand there is a lukewarmness that is appalling.

Thousands have lost their faith and left their first love. The only thing that can solve the problem is the manifest presence of God! All our programs, our great preaching, our organizations, our choirs and orchestras, radio and TV--everything that man can do--has failed to solve the problem.

But if we can get God to come down and manifest Himself, the mountains will flow down at His presence, the divisions among God's people will vanish, and we will be brought into one great united body.

More than that, the lukewarm people will be set on fire for God. The waters will be made to boil. The enemies of Christ will be made to know that His power is real, and His name will be made known to the adversaries.

The words of Isaiah take us to the very heart of today's problem of getting God to come down and manifest His presence among us:

"There is none that calleth upon Thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of Thee: for Thou hast hid Thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities" (Isaiah 64:7).

Let us face the truth. God has declared exactly why He does not come down. His people are backslidden, and not a man can be found who will stir himself up to take hold of God in effectual prayer. It is clearly the meaning of this Word that God will come down, however bad conditions may be, provided He can get His people to call upon His name.

Many instances in the history of the Church prove this. The greatest men who have lived to shake the world with God's power have been, every one of them, men of prevailing prayer. The one effectual means for bringing back the presence of God to the people is prevailing prayer!

The greatest lack among God's people is that of travailing prayer. We should be reminded that there has never been a Holy Ghost revival in the history of the world that has not been prayed down! And the praying had to be prevailing prayer--prayer that was desperate; prayer that stirred people up to such fervency of spirit that they fairly took hold of God.

I have seen many times in revival meetings when God's Spirit began to move on people whose hearts were open, and who were hungry for God until that heavenly urge was upon them, and they would pray all night long, wrestling with God like Jacob of old! (Gen. 32:24-30).

I have seen such tremendous results come after such travailing prayer that I am certain that wherever there is real travailing prayer that takes hold of God, it will bring the presence of God down.

"As soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children" (Isaiah 66:8).

2007/9/14 11:40Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: 39 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE REVIVAL CONFERENCE

Quote:
Thousands have lost their faith and left their first love. The only thing that can solve the problem is the manifest presence of God! All our programs, our great preaching, our organizations, our choirs and orchestras, radio and TV--everything that man can do--has failed to solve the problem.

But if we can get God to come down and manifest Himself ...

2007/9/14 15:24Profile

Quote:

Deuteronomy 30:10 - 20
"if you obey the voice of the LORD your God, to keep His commandments ... if you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

For this commandment which I command you today [i]is[/i] not [i]too[/i] mysterious for you, nor [i]is[/i] it far off. It [i]is[/i] not in heaven, that you should say, 'Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?' Nor [i]is[/i] it beyond the sea, that you should say, 'Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?' [b]But the word[/b] [i]is[/i] [b]very near you, in your mouth and in your heart ... [/b].

See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil, in that I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the LORD your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess.

But if your heart turns away so that you do not hear, and are drawn away, and worship other gods and serve them, I announce to you today that you shall surely perish; you shall not prolong [i]your[/i] days in the land which you cross over the Jordan to go in and possess.

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, [i]that[/i] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that ... you ... may live; that you may love the LORD your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He [i]is[/i] your life and the length of your days.."

Romans 10:8, 11
But what does it say? "[b]The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart[/b]" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): ... [b]For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame." [/b]

2007/9/14 18:41
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Deuteronomy 30:10 - 20
"if you obey the voice of the LORD your God, to keep His commandments ... if you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Amen, may God find a obedient people at this conference, Oh for the mercy of the Lord to be abundant. Oh how we need His divine mercy and favor. Come in mercy God, come in mercy! Oh how we need the divine manifest presence of God in our midst again.

2007/9/14 20:41Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Quote:
Amen, may God find a obedient people at this conference, Oh for the mercy of the Lord to be abundant. Oh how we need His divine mercy and favor. Come in mercy God, come in mercy! Oh how we need the divine manifest presence of God in our midst again.

Brother I agree. May he start the work now in our hearts. Have mercy now and Humble us Now.. Oh that God might start a work on SI in these forums before we get to Ohio. Oh God I pray that he would come in might and power. All our ways would be shown.. That he would manifest himself and we would tremble in fear before our God. That we would start to confess your sins. Confess our sins to one other, Steping into the light and being real and open to each other. Let us be broken before God and others in our post. To pray over we post. That we wil post that which honors Christ and moves to be more like Christ. Oh that we will set time a part to pray and perpare our hearts before we go to Ohio. To say woe is me.. "Once again you have compassion on us, you trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depth of the ocean you will show us your faithfulness and unfailling love" Micah 7

Oh this too is my cry Have mercy humble us.. Humble me.. Let be that I say woe is me..

In His love
charlene

2007/9/14 23:34Profile

Deuteronomy 30:from 10

For this commandment which I command you today is not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. ... But the word is very near you, in your mouth [u]and in your heart[/u]...

Amen Greg.

Quote:
Amen, may God find a obedient people at this conference, Oh for the mercy of the Lord to be abundant.

' But if we can get God to come down and manifest Himself ... '

I do believe God naturally wants to be merciful [i]because[/i] Jesus Christ has died. There is [u]no[/u] sin we cannot be forgiven by Him, but often the hardest thing is to forgive [i]ourselves[/i].

Why?

[size=small][b]PRIDE[/b][/size]

Paul highlighted 'The word is nigh you, even in your mouth' so I was surprised to find back in Deuteronomy, the reference to 'in your heart'.

God has put something inside all of us because we are made like Him, which yearns for righteousness outworked in our state of living and being.

You may be surprised to learn, brother, that not everyone who comes to SI has [i]ever[/i] had a 3D opportunity to be part of a 'proper' prayer meeting. Isn't that amazing?

So.... may I encourage you to take a lead in helping the brethren and sisters here who are planning to be at the conference, somehow to do their best to meet a few times to pray with one or two whom they know and trust the most?

This is a suggestion... only because I believe that those who are used to taking a turn at jumping in in prayer - [u]to express what is in their hearts[/u] aloud - who have got used to the sound of their own voice... who have heard others say 'amen' to their prayers... will be the more ready to receive something (new) from the Lord when the gathering at Canton begins.

I do believe that God wants to meet us... that He is always ready...

2007/9/15 6:06

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy