SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What study bible ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
As you well know if you open your Newberry Study Bible you'll notice so very much is said that one can't possibly understand like: The Hebrew Conjunctions, many things like that, and even some plain ole English that i'm suppose to know. Just need some help.

I have it in mind to create a Quicktime tutorial for using a Newberry Bible but it is pretty far down my list of projects.

So many have 'made a start' but then found it too complicated. In a sense it only needs to be as complicated as you want it to be. For example, I have very little Hebrew but I can still find many useful things in the Hebrew marginal notes. One of the great things about a Newberry is that if you are studying Greek at any level your Newberry will 'grow with you'.

I would recommend taking a passage scripture you know pretty well and working through a couple of verses at a time. Getting a hold of the Greek tenses is a good place to start and his geometric diagram of prepositions is very useful.

2007/9/20 8:31Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:

I have it in mind to create a Quicktime tutorial for using a Newberry Bible but it is pretty far down my list of projects.

So many have 'made a start' but then found it too
complicated. In a sense it only needs to be as complicated as you want it to be. For example, I have very little Hebrew but I can still find many useful things in the Hebrew marginal notes. One of the great things about a Newberry is that if you are studying Greek at any level your Newberry will 'grow with you'.

I would recommend taking a passage scripture you know pretty well and working through a couple of verses at a time. Getting a hold of the Greek tenses is a good place to start and his geometric diagram of prepositions is very useful.

will it help if I order a Newberry and say "Please" :-P

that what i figured also, it can become more useful with time since we learn more and more and so can this bible become more and more useful.

2007/9/20 8:45Profile

Re:

Hello Ron,

First off thank you Sir for taking the time to respond to me, i think :-P

Quote:

Well then Mr. put it up on things to do first! 8-)

In all honesty brother Ron i know your very very busy but and if you do get to it one day, let me know, i would be most interested but you don't have a site to give me that might help at this time ?

2007/9/20 9:07

Re:

hmmhmm,

Hello brother, you mentioned earlier something about getting a Newberry Bible sent to Sweden. I took it to mean that they don't or won't send you one there, is this correct ?

2007/9/20 9:13
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well they are willing to send it to Sweden :-) its just that how i used to live before coming to know the Lord has had a consequence on me being allowed to own a credit card, I can not buy anything that requires a credit card, i do have another company in Sweden that allows up front payment where i get most my books. But they require an isbn number....the newberry dont have one, or i cant find one at least.

But i am right now in "conversation" with a credit card owner here in Sweden( my mother ) :-) so i figured i pay upfront and she order for me , and i pray it get safe to me. So right now i am hoping on this....otherwise i will find a way brother.

2007/9/20 9:23Profile

Re:

hmmhmm

Quote:
well they are willing to send it to Sweden its just that how i used to live before coming to know the Lord has had a consequence on me being allowed to own a credit card, I can not buy anything that requires a credit card, i do have another company in Sweden that allows up front payment where i get most my books. But they require an isbn number....the newberry dont have one, or i cant find one at least.

Quote:
But i am right now in "conversation" with a credit card owner here in Sweden( my mother ) so i figured i pay upfront and she order for me , and i pray it get safe to me. So right now i am hoping on this....otherwise i will find a way brother.

If things don't work out then i'll help you!! :-)

2007/9/20 9:27

Re:

I finally heard from Mr. Penfold via email and he says there is NO special large print edition with the wide margin Newberry Bible. Letting everyone know as i said i would.

2007/9/20 11:35
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

can any of you dear brothers take out a ???? what do you call those things you measure with? :-) dont know the word in English...and measure the margin in the regular newberry bible. how wide is it ? is it 1/3 of an inch? then it should be enough for my small notes :-) and i do not need the wide margin

thanks for the inconvenience

Christian

2007/9/20 11:49Profile

Re:

Saints,

I'm wondering if the standard Newberry Bible font is smaller then the font in the wide margin Newberry Bible. Can anyone tell me if the wide margin font is bigger than the standard one even though Mr. Penfold says theres no "special" large print. It could be that the font in the wide margin is bigger than in the standard. Any help in this would be appreciated.

2007/9/20 12:00
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

The outer margins are about 1/2 an inch, but the inner margins where they come together and much less and I doubt that you would be able to use the inner ones for notes.

2007/9/20 13:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy