SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : In Need of some SERIOUS PRAYER

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Everlast

Missouri

In Need of some SERIOUS PRAYER

I have been under spirtual attack over the last week or so and need your prayers. Pray for strength to make it throught the tests, pray for encouragement, because some of it is coming from "brothers and sisters", pray that I have humility and brokeness as a result. Please just keep me in prayer, cause it seems like Satan is wanting to keep me from doing something. I appreciate your prayers.

Shelly

2004/5/15 13:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: In Need of some SERIOUS PRAYER

Quote:
Please just keep me in prayer, cause it seems like Satan is wanting to keep me from doing something. I appreciate your prayers.

Sister Shelly, you have my prayers, I pray that God would protect you from all harm and keep you safe in His arms. I also have been going through some trials and it seems like the devil wants to get rid of me also but God is in control. The devil might be permitted to try and get you to curse God but He will never thwart God's plans and purposes if you keep your eyes on Jesus the author and perfector of our faith.

2004/5/15 13:26Profile
KeithLaMothe

Re: In Need of some SERIOUS PRAYER

You're in my prayers.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

If anyone comes against you, and you know what you're doing is God's will, rebuke the opposer from Scripture, and if it is demonic cast it away in the Name and by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Obey God, completely and in every aspect of your life. Obey gladly, in word, thought, and deed. Give the enemy no rightful place in or around your life.

God's grace be with you, in Christ Jesus our Lord,
-Keith

2004/5/15 13:46Profile
moreofHim

Re: trials

Oswald Chambers today would be very appropriate.

May 15

Remember that you have been saved so that the life of Jesus may be manifested in your body. Direct the total energy of your powers so that you may achieve everything your election as a child of God provides; rise every time to whatever occasion may come your way.

You did not do anything to achieve your salvation, but you must do something to exhibit it. You must "work out your own salvation" which God has worked in you already. Are your speech, your thinking, and your emotions evidence that you are working it "out"? If you are still the same miserable, grouchy person, set on having your own way, then it is a lie to say that God has saved and sanctified you.

God is the Master Designer, and He allows adversities into your life to see if you can jump over them properly— "By my God I can leap over a wall". God will never shield you from the requirements of being His son or daughter. First Peter 4:12 says, "Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you . . . ." Rise to the occasion— do what the trial demands of you. It does not matter how much it hurts as long as it gives God the opportunity to manifest the life of Jesus in your body.

May God not find complaints in us anymore, but spiritual vitality— a readiness to face anything He brings our way. The only proper goal of life is that we manifest the Son of God; and when this occurs, all of our dictating of our demands to God disappears. Our Lord never dictated demands to His Father, and neither are we to make demands on God. We are here to submit to His will so that He may work through us what He wants. Once we realize this, He will make us broken bread and poured-out wine with which to feed and nourish others.
----------

My prayers are with you both. :)

May we all decrease, chanin

2004/5/15 14:33Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

Know he cares and will never leave or forsake you even unto the ends of the earth. claim his blood upon you.listen for his words and having done all stand. as a brother am praying for you.

2004/5/16 0:36Profile
Everlast

Missouri

Re:

Thank you to all of those who prayed! The Lord has given me hinds feet to move from my low place to a higher and closer place to the Lord. Once again, THANKS!!!!! :-D :-D :-D

2004/5/16 19:51Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Sorry for my slow response Shelly, saw this yesterday and meant to mention a message I just listened to by David Wilkerson that applies I think to some of what you are/were going through

Here's a post on it:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1951&forum=25&1]The Cost of Going All The Way With God[/url]

2004/5/16 20:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy