SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SEMINAR: Robert Wurtz II on The 7 Myth's of Repentance

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 SEMINAR: Robert Wurtz II on The 7 Myth's of Repentance

NOTE there is a 25 person limit for each event.

If you have any questions or comments on this event please ask them in this thread.

NOTE: All seminars are free and have a seating capacity of 25 people. Registerants are based on a first come first serve basis. You must provide a notice 24 hours before cancelling your appearance to this seminar.

You can now Sign-up for Live Seminars with various guest speakers on SermonIndex. The atmosphere of the seminar will be similar to an online classroom model where you can ask questions, raise hand, even if allowed communicate back using audio/video. This will allow many from across the world to hear and benefit meeting various Christian speakers that otherwise would not be possible. Another facet of the Seminars will be to disciple and build up the body of believers that are fellowshiping in the SermonIndex community.
If you have additional questions or comments about the Live Seminar feature please either post them in the SermonIndex.net Support Forum Section or the Contact Us Form. If you are a pastor, speaker, leader and would like to be able to run a seminar please contact us with your information for consideration.

The 7 Myth's of Repentance
Speaker: Robert Wurtz II
Date: Thursday, May 20th
Time: 9:00 pm EST (1 hour)
Description: When you think about repentance what are some of the evidences you should look for? Are tears a good indicator that a person has repented? What happens if I am ‘repenting’ to avoid the consequences of my sins? What if I do a whole bunch of good deeds after I sinned; does that mean I repented? In this discussion we will discover that repentance is more than tears, penitence, or any other outward expression. There are many misconceptions about repentance. In this session we will examine 7 myths concerning repentance.

2004/5/14 17:58Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: SEMINAR: Robert Wurtz II on The 7 Myth's of Repentance

I am personally looking for to this next seminar event! I know that anyone who comes will be blessed as they ponder on the subject of repentance and practically apply it to our christian lifes. Bring us back to you God. Gather a serious crowd of Christians that want you and nothing else.

Just a reminder when you register you will recieve an email with a link to the Live event that will work 10 - 15 minutes before the Live event at 9:00pm EST (Eastern Standard Time).

2004/5/15 13:47Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Just a reminder when you register you will recieve an email with a link to the Live event that will work 10 - 15 minutes before the Live event at 9:00pm EST (Eastern Standard Time).

There are still aprox 20 slot free for this live event I would encourage you to register now if you are wanting to attend this seminar. I am looking forward to Robert Wurtz sharing his heart on repentance. And he will be using alot of principles found in the book called "Repentance" by Richard Owen Roberts. What an exciting opportunity to allow the Lord to do a work in your heart through this seminar. ;-)

2004/5/17 16:12Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

This is a reminder for the Live Seminar that will be held tommorow: Thurdsay at 9:00pm EST (Eastern Standard Time). You will require having the flash player installed there is a link to that download once you register. Simply register on the first post of this thread by clicking on the 'register now' button. An email confirmation will be sent to you with a link to the LIVE meeting on thursday. The room should be available apox. 15-20 mins before the start time of the Live Seminar.. :smart: enjoy

2004/5/19 21:51Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

There are still some spots available to register for tonights [b]Live Seminar[/b], register [i]NOW[/i] to secure your spot.

Here are the nots for tonights seminar they will be available in the seminar, but if you want to print out the notes here ahead of time then you may also do so:

THE REPENTANCE GOD REQUIRES
(Part II)
“7 Myths of Repentance”
By Robert Wurtz II

Myth #1 SORROW EQUALS REPENTANCE

Although sorrow is part of the process of repentance- it must be understood that sorrow itself is not repentance. To further understand this we must also realize that there are two different types of sorrow biblically: 1) Godly sorrow that leads to life not to be repented of. 2) Worldly sorrow that leads to death. There are a few excellent examples of godly sorrow in the New Testament. One is of the fornicator of I Corinthians and the other is that of Peter the Apostle. Likewise there are a few good examples in scripture of a worldly sorrow that leads to death. One is that of Esau and the other Judas Iscariot.

Godly Sorrow that leads to life

a) The fornicator in I and II Corinthians

In I Corinthians we find a church filled with carnality. Paul wrote a stern series of rebukes to that Church in I Corinthians. Reflecting back on writing I Corinthians Paul writes… How painful it was to write that letter! Heartbroken, I cried over it (II Corinthians 2:4 NLT). In I Corinthians 4:14 we read… I do not write these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. He then continues and mentions the man that had committed the sexual immorality in I Corinthians 5. He began II Corinthians 2:1 by saying… So I made up my mind that I would not make another painful visit to you (NIV). He went on to say that if he came he would be filled with sorrow and there would be no one to comfort him. Paul continued… Even if I caused you sorrow by my letter, I do not regret it. Though I did regret it-I see that my letter hurt you, but only for a little while- yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any way by us. Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. (II Corinthians 7:8-11 NIV) The Corinthian church proved that they were not as carnal as they could have been-, as they did not react in anger at Paul’s words, but with sorrow. There was no defensiveness, nor rebellion. And that godly sorrow led them to genuine repentance. Anger would have been evidence of rebellion, but this type of sorrow is an evidence of repentance. The person sorrowed so greatly that Paul had to tell them to receive the young man back- lest the man be overwhelmed by over much sorrow (II Corinthians 2:7). This is the level of repentance that is necessary to bring a person back to a right standing with God after such sin. How many times have we seen Christians fall into deep and gross sin and because they put on a show of repentance- everyone took their guard down. Paul wrote a very strong letter to the Corinthian church and he did so to stop the spread of sin and to see the soul of the sinner saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

b) Simon Peter

When Peter denied the Lord three times- the rooster sounded and the Lord looked at Peter. In that moment Peter’s heart smote him and he wept bitterly. The Greek word in this passage could have been translated ‘violently.’ It was a sorrow that brought about a change. It was such that once he was converted- he strengthened his brethren. That word strengthened in this passage means to “establish them in the right direction.” This is the difference between one who genuinely repents and one who has had a sorrow that leads to death. Genuine sorrow that leads to repentance will bring forth fruit. This is the opposite of a high maintenance and low impact ‘conversion.’

Worldly Sorrow that leads to death

Esau

Richard Owens Roberts in the book “Repentance The First Word Of The Gospel” writes, “One can experience the deepest possible remorse over sin and yet not repent. Both Esau and Judas demonstrate this. Indeed, we must all come to distinguish between the sorrow that comes from being caught and the sorrow that comes from a deep, inward hatred of sin and longing for the glory of God that is the distinguishing feature of the regenerate person.” Esau never found a place of repentance though he sought it carefully with tears. For Esau it was simply too late to avoid judgment. No amount of tears could reverse the effects of him selling his birthright. The time to repent is while there is still hope. Many, like Esau, so profane the things of God that they take no thought for the great privilege in serving Him. This is an advance evidence of impenitence and it manifested itself with tears after the fact. That was not repentance- it was sorrow for the loss of position and blessing. Many will be weeping on the day of judgment- but the time for repentance will be past and the reality of their impenitence will be that their name is not in the book. They may cry many tears for the fears and torments of hell- but this is sorrow for the consequences of the sin.

Judas

It would be near to impossible to come as close to repenting as did Judas and still not be converted, as was Peter. He made restitution by bringing back the thirty pieces of silver. He confessed that he had betrayed innocent blood. If he had repented before the betrayal and made the same confessions it may have been different. But it was too late. Just as Esau he found no place of repentance once the wheels of sin were set in motion. Moreover, his confession was to men and not to God. We read of no account of Judas addressing God about this matter. He did not call upon the God that would abundantly pardon if we would simply repent. Matthew Henry writes concerning these things saying, “To his own shame, he confesses that he had sinned, in betraying this blood. He does not lay the blame on any one else; does not say, "You have sinned, in hiring me to do it;" but takes it all to himself; "I have sinned, in doing it." Thus far Judas went toward his repentance, yet it was not to salvation. He confessed, but not to God, he did not go to him, and say, I have sinned, Father, against heaven. He confessed the betraying of innocent blood, but did not confess that wicked love of money, which was the root of this evil. There are those who betray Christ, and yet justify themselves in it, and so come short of Judas.”

3) The Cleansing Effect of Bitter Weeping

It has been rightly said that tears ought not to be wiped away until they have had time to do their work. When we see our sin as it is we will grieve deeply for how we have hurt God. Not weeping because we have to suffer the consequences of our sins, but weeping for the pain and suffering that it caused Christ on the cross. When we radically repent we will begin to believe that Christ died for our own personal sins and not merely the sins of the whole world. Our sin will become personal between God and us. Many people cry for minutes or hours over their sins. Some cry for days. Yet others cast their tears as far as the east is from the west and immediately begin to claim the joys of the Lord before the enormity of their sin has had a chance to really sink in.

B) Myth #2 SELF-PRESERVATION IS REPENTANCE

Worthless Promises

How many times have people repented in order to avoid the consequences of their actions or under the pretense that if God will spare their life they will do this or that. At times of distress people make a show of repentance like behavior- but as soon as they are out of danger- they repent of their repentance. It could be anything from fear of loosing ones life to loosing ones possessions or freedom. Fear of loss is a common catalyst for repentance. The test of this repentance is in its longevity. If it is permanent and not temporary it may well be repentance; if it was temporary, it was an act of self-preservation and was no repentance at all.
If a person genuinely repents and is ‘saved’ on their deathbed then I believe that if God were to raise them up they would continue to serve the Lord with all their strength. This is the only real indicator that they were truly born again. How many times has God healed a person who was dying and they never turned to Christ? The goodness of God is to lead a person to repentance- often that goodness is shunned and used as an opportunity to go on living in gross sin.

Pyrophobic Repentance

Fear is often a great cause for people turning from their sins, but unless there is genuine repentance fear is a short-lived reason to repent. Hell fire messages have brought many to repentance- but just as many have heard and then turned back to sin. Unless a person sees their sin as God sees it and agrees with Him concerning it- there is no repentance. Fear is a legitimate tactic for plucking souls out of the fire (Jude 23), but the person must turn from their sin to genuine faith in Christ.
Richard Owens Roberts writes concerning hell fire preaching, “It is not without consequence that neither John the Baptist or Jesus came preaching saying, “Repent, for the Kingdom of Hell is at hand.” God’s purpose in demanding our repentance is not that we might escape from the damnation of hell, but that we might experience the “change of mind” which characterizes the citizens of the Kingdom of Heaven.” The characteristics of Heaven are totally contrary to many people’s desires. People like the golden streets and the absence of fire, but do they really want to spend eternity worshipping and submitting to God? Do they truly desire a change of nature that would cause them to really hate sin?

2004/5/20 15:00Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

This is your last chance to attend the Live Seminar which starts at 9:00pm EST you will have to register with your name and email aprox 15 mins at least before the meeting to attend. there is about 1 hour until that time elasps from the time of this post. ;-)

The link to the live seminar will be emailed to you upon your registering!

2004/5/20 19:47Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Here is a text transcript of this live serminar:

-----

Meet ASAP
Date: Thu May 20 20:43:42 GMT-0400 2004
Click Here for Meeting Details

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
++Robert Wurtz II has entered the meeting.

Greg Gordon says:
hi brother

Greg Gordon says:
yes sounds great

Greg Gordon says:
video looks fine also praise God

++Jerry Rowe has entered the meeting.

Greg Gordon says:
hi jerry

Jerry Rowe says:
Hi!

Greg Gordon says:
glad you could make it

Jerry Rowe says:
Yep, me too!

Jerry Rowe says:
Oh, wow!

Greg Gordon says:
We are just waiting for some others to filter there way in

Jerry Rowe says:
I can hear your voice.

Greg Gordon says:
hehe hes in shock

Greg Gordon says:
lol

Jerry Rowe says:
Nice to "meet" you.

Jerry Rowe says:
:)

Jerry Rowe says:
Oh, and there's your video!

Greg Gordon says:
yes there is video also for the seminar

Jerry Rowe says:
Is there any kind of etiquite for this meeting?

Jerry Rowe says:
Or will you let us know as this progresses?

Jerry Rowe says:
Like, are we supposed to ask questions as they come, or what?

Greg Gordon says:
there will be robert speaking for the first duration and its up to him if he address question and answers

Jerry Rowe says:
(Sorry, I'm always the eager student.)

Greg Gordon says:
q and a would be after

Jerry Rowe says:
Okay.

Greg Gordon says:
right robert?

Jerry Rowe says:
Oh, okay. :)

Greg Gordon says:
yea exactly!

Jerry Rowe says:
I'll just keep notes.

Greg Gordon says:
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1944&forum=12

Jerry Rowe says:
Oh..! Okay.

Greg Gordon says:
yes its great!

Jerry Rowe says:
*nod*

Jerry Rowe says:
*nodding*

Greg Gordon says:
so how did you hear about sermonindex jerry?

Jerry Rowe says:
Well, I was on Christian Webmasters.com...

Jerry Rowe says:
And someone had a link to there.

Greg Gordon says:
ahh nice

Jerry Rowe says:
No problem at all!

Jerry Rowe says:
I'm in North Carolina now.

Jerry Rowe says:
(I go to school here.)

Jerry Rowe says:
I'm right outside of Raleigh.

Jerry Rowe says:
Wow!

Jerry Rowe says:
No, I didn't.

Jerry Rowe says:
Impressive. Ah, the beauty of technology!

++[toj.cc]kraniac, aka shazbot (kraniac@hotmail.com) has entered the meeting.

Jerry Rowe says:
Hello, Shazbot.

++Mike Balog has entered the meeting.

Greg Gordon says:
nice Mike made it

Jerry Rowe says:
(I assume we can all "hear" each other?)

Jerry Rowe says:
Hi, Mike!

Greg Gordon says:
no just one speaker at a time

[toj.cc]kraniac, aka shazbot (kraniac@hotmail.com) says:
Hey everybody

Greg Gordon says:
hey!

Robert Wurtz II says:
Great to have everyone!

Greg Gordon says:
just to remind everyone the notes on the forums: http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1944&forum=12

Mike Balog says:
Yes... Got it, just in time, hey ya all!

Greg Gordon says:
lol.. ! :)

Robert Wurtz II says:
Hi Mike!

Greg Gordon says:
Mike has entered the building!

Jerry Rowe says:
Great! How many of us are signed up?

Jerry Rowe says:
Are we all here?

Robert Wurtz II says:
Hello Shazbot!

Greg Gordon says:
there are 5 live right now

Mike Balog says:
Fresh from S.F.....long day.

Greg Gordon says:
about 10 are registered robert you can begin whenever you deem it appropriate

hi

Jerry Rowe says:
By the way, I am half deaf. I may type and ask, "Did he just say X and so?" I hope that's okay.

Greg Gordon says:
amen!

Jerry Rowe says:
Amen.

I missed the first bit, but I'll try to keep up

Greg Gordon says:
great

++Ken (netshepherds@msn.com) has entered the meeting.

Greg Gordon says:
hey ken

Too blurry, sorry Mr. Wurtz

Jerry Rowe says:
Just in time.. :)

Ken (netshepherds@msn.com) says:
hey Greg Hippy Trinity at you man

Ken (netshepherds@msn.com) says:
:o)

Greg Gordon says:
did that make everyones video larger?

?

no

Jerry Rowe says:
No.

Jerry Rowe says:
Just yours.

Greg Gordon says:
click on settings then choose video size (*meduim)

Greg Gordon says:
yes to lead to godly repentance

Greg Gordon says:
not wordly sorrow

But aren't both types of sorrow byproducts of sin?

Jerry Rowe says:
(We have to ask questions at the end.)

Greg Gordon says:
godly sorrow is from God and the Holy Spriit

Greg Gordon says:
yea true.

Oh, sorry.

Jerry Rowe says:
S'okay. :)

++Tim Donovan has entered the meeting.

++Jeremy Lee (hulseyjeremy@hotmail.com) has entered the meeting.

Jerry Rowe says:
Hey guys! Class notes here: http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1944&forum=12

Jerry Rowe says:
Questions are at the end.

Jerry Rowe says:
We're on #1, b.

Greg Gordon says:

+++Tim Donovan has left the meeting.

and He will help us do that.

Greg Gordon says:
wow amen!

Greg Gordon says:
yes He will

(because we could never do it ourselves

Greg Gordon says:
yes but God doesnt force us.

that would violate free will

Jerry Rowe says:
Well, the thing was, Esau waited like twenty years before he tried to "repent."

true

Jerry Rowe says:
He could have gone to his dad anytime, and said, "You won't believe how little brother blackmailed me."

+++Mike Balog has left the meeting.

Greg Gordon says:
is everything working fine for you mike?

Mike Balog says:
just a little blip there...o.k. now

Greg Gordon says:
hehe praise God

Mike Balog says:
Indeed!

Jerry Rowe says:
Hmm. That is an interesting point...he didn't confess the root of it...And even then, only to men...

Greg Gordon says:
yes

God will make you the individual that you always wish you were

Greg Gordon says:
but God doesnt do it without you taking first steps

Mike Balog says:
"Against YOU I have sinned"( David/Psalms)

Greg Gordon says:
wow

Greg Gordon says:
very true

Seen it happen? I've done it myself.

Mike Balog says:
"Caught in their sins"......syas a lot

Mike Balog says:
says

Greg Gordon says:
wow

Mike Balog says:
Pharisse like....

Greg Gordon says:
yea

Greg Gordon says:
It has been rightly said that tears ought not to be wiped away until they have had time to do their work. When we see our sin as it is we will grieve deeply for how we have hurt God. Not weeping because we have to suffer the consequences of our sins, but weeping for the pain and suffering that it caused Christ on the cross.

Mike Balog says:
!

But if God only accepted us when we had the purest possible motives, He would be alone in heaven. Our spirit is free from the sin nature, but our body and mind are still enslaved.

On the other hand, though, this cannot become an excuse.

Greg Gordon says:
Conviction is a work of the Holy Spirit

You mean, God helps us to have the pure motives? Interesting.

Greg Gordon says:
no

Greg Gordon says:
He sets the standard

Greg Gordon says:
and shows Us Himself and in response we see how far we are from His holiness.

But we can never remove every trace of self-centeredness from our motives as long as our minds are slaves to sin. So even if we see God's holiness, and how far off we are, we can never repent with pure motives completely.

Jerry Rowe says:
What passage was that?

Jerry Rowe says:
I don't like paraphrases...

Jerry Rowe says:
I gotta see God's words, sorry.

Jerry Rowe says:

Greg Gordon says:
its almost done let wait until the end till we get into good discussion.

Jerry Rowe says:
About "finding relief.." I just want to know what verse.

Greg Gordon says:
God

Jerry Rowe says:
Stall...

Greg Gordon says:
hmmm

Jerry Rowe says:
Is everyone else's video stalled?

it was...

Jerry Rowe says:
Nevermind.

Greg Gordon says:
its back again

Mike Balog says:
back now

Greg Gordon says:
whew

Jerry Rowe says:
May I ask first?

Greg Gordon says:
wow great robert!

Jerry Rowe says:
Thanks!

Mike Balog says:
Thanks Robert, outstanding

Jerry Rowe says:
Why do you keep equating "repentance" with "turning?" "Repent" means "change mind" (Greek metanoia), not turn (epistrepho or such like).

it's an oft used metaphor

Jerry Rowe says:
(Sorry. I missed last week.)

Jerry Rowe says:
(Okay, I'll go there.)

Greg Gordon says:
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1888&forum=12&19

Jerry Rowe says:
*nod*

Jerry Rowe says:
(Thanks, Greg.)

Greg Gordon says:

Jerry Rowe says:
Thanks.

Jerry Rowe says:
May I make one comment that might help, too?

Jerry Rowe says:
Amazon has the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1581344007/qid=1085102127/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/104-5264994-4907900?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Jerry Rowe says:

Jerry Rowe says:
Glad to be here!

Jeremy Lee (hulseyjeremy@hotmail.com) says:
This has been a blessing

Greg Gordon says:
yes it was an awesome time. everyone can post more comments on the forums

Jerry Rowe says:
I noticed that a couple of people had a particular question...can I make one observation that might help?

Jerry Rowe says:
It's about Judas.

Mike Balog says:
"High mainteance, low impact" seems that is where we are at with a lot of this Gospel 'light' these days....all this backtracking

Greg Gordon says:
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1944&forum=12&5

Jerry Rowe says:
Okay. :)

Greg Gordon says:
you can post them there also

Greg Gordon says:
back in the days of puritans they used to allow people to repentant for years.

Jerry Rowe says:
I have one question...

Jerry Rowe says:
Oh, the one comment was this...

Jerry Rowe says:
When Judas had his "repentance," the Greek word was "metamelomai," change of feeling. (I hope I'm not just doing a review of last week.)

Greg Gordon says:
and they were worried about the sin of 'picking unripe fruit'

Jerry Rowe says:
Since this is text, I feel like I can do it fast. :)

Jerry Rowe says:
I was wondering, when worldly sorrow leads to death...

Jerry Rowe says:
Do you think that means that it leads specifically to more sin?

Suicide is a sin...

Jerry Rowe says:
Of course.

Jerry Rowe says:
But I mean the unsaved, like Judas. Who sorrow only worldly sorrow, that (ungodly) sorrow leads them into more sin?

Greg Gordon says:
the more calloused to sin

Jerry Rowe says:
WHich is, itself, sin.

Jerry Rowe says:
Okay. :)

Judas' sorrow was not repentent sorrow, His self-righteousness had been exposed

Greg Gordon says:
or even post it on the forums

Greg Gordon says:
and maybe all of us can work on it as the spirit leads

Jerry Rowe says:
No, it does. That does answer it...His "sorrow" made him sin more.

Greg Gordon says:
yes amen

Jerry Rowe says:
Okay.

Mike Balog says:
hardened

Jerry Rowe says:
It makes it all the more obvious that we are in a spiritual war.

Jerry Rowe says:
(To me, anyway.)

Greg Gordon says:
the idea of repentance in my church is accepting jesus.

Mike Balog says:
little delay here

Greg Gordon says:
hmm is it cutting out for others abit?

Jerry Rowe says:
I mean, how could you not tremble at God's wrath, and then fall at his feet for his mercy?

Jerry Rowe says:
(Not me, Greg.)

Greg Gordon says:
yea exactly

Greg Gordon says:
humanisitic gospel

Greg Gordon says:
to just be saved from hell

Greg Gordon says:
yea gospel hardened

Greg Gordon says:
thats what reidhead says

Mike Balog says:
Greg said: "the idea of repentance in my church is accepting jesus." That says a lot brother

Jerry Rowe says:
Well, the people think that they are going to make their earthly lives more pleasurable...I don't think they're even concerned about hell. (The humanists, I mean.)

Greg Gordon says:
tell us when you want to wrap up brother . :)

I've a question, If I'm not out of turn

Jerry Rowe says:
I have another question...Can you imagine anyone who gets saved, without being actually afraid of hell?

Jerry Rowe says:
Oh, sorry!

Greg Gordon says:
by humasitic gospel we mean something different

Jerry Rowe says:
Answer Krainiac's first.

If God waited until a person had the purest motives in his repentance

He wouldn't have anyone with Him in heaven, right?

Greg Gordon says:
thats a good subject to handle in the forums

Greg Gordon says:
theres lots we can go into that one

I'll post it

Greg Gordon says:
post it in the thread: http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1944&forum=12

Greg Gordon says:
so all conversation from this meeting can go there .

Greg Gordon says:
Jerry Rowe says:
I have another question...Can you imagine anyone who gets saved, without being actually afraid of hell?

Jerry Rowe says:
Yes, I did...My question was, this: I know that someone could never come to God without sorrow over sin. But what about fear of hell? Can you imagine someone coming to Him
without fear of hell?

Jerry Rowe says:
:) Ah, the beauty of text messages. Copy & paste.

Greg Gordon says:
lol

Jerry Rowe says:
*nod*

Mike Balog says:
....what kind of phobic?

Jerry Rowe says:
But what about those who never fear hell? Do you think it is possible for people to really understand their sin, without seeing hell?

Greg Gordon says:
hehe

Jerry Rowe says:
Like, the suffering of Christ is understandable to me because I know that it is infinite...Because hell is infinite.

Greg Gordon says:
yes there are some great things coming up here

Mike Balog says:
got it...sounded...strange on this end.

Jerry Rowe says:
Okay. :) That makes me feel good.

Jerry Rowe says:
It sheds light on Christ's suffering.

Greg Gordon says:
wow jerry that infinite statement is great

Jerry Rowe says:
Thanks a lot, Rob!

Greg Gordon says:
yes it went very smotth

My uncle (youth pastor) said once: "Some people believe in heaven because they've seen it. Some people believe it because they've seen hell."

Jerry Rowe says:
Hey...Idea...

Mike Balog says:
Better let you go brother 5 mins is up... :) Thanks so much Robert!

Greg Gordon says:
sure jerry

Jerry Rowe says:
Should we post this transcript on the forum?

Greg Gordon says:
yes I will be doing that

Thanks, everybody.

Jerry Rowe says:
Okay, great.

+++[toj.cc]kraniac, aka shazbot (kraniac@hotmail.com) has left the meeting.

Jerry Rowe says:
Thanks!

Jerry Rowe says:
I'll be heading to the forum now.

Greg Gordon says:
the transcript of the chat will be the on thread

Thanks Robert

Jerry Rowe says:
And I think I'll also fire up the IM.

Mike Balog says:
You to brother!

Greg Gordon says:
God Bless Robert that was amazing

Greg Gordon says:

Mike Balog says:
Will do.

Jerry Rowe says:
One small question...

Jerry Rowe says:
It's fast...

Jerry Rowe says:
When I finish my lessons on repentance, would you mind to look at them?

Jerry Rowe says:
I wanted to attend this seminar because I am doing this kind of thing too.

Jerry Rowe says:
Great!

Jerry Rowe says:
I'd love it.

Jerry Rowe says:
Thanks! That'll be great.

Jerry Rowe says:
Okay, I'll get you when you come back, and get the software. Thanks for staying so late!

Greg Gordon says:
yes

Jerry Rowe says:
Good night!

+++Jerry Rowe has left the meeting.

+++Robert Wurtz II has left the meeting.

+++Jeremy Lee (hulseyjeremy@hotmail.com) has left the meeting.

Mike Balog says:
Greg, if you are still there..Outstanding brother, thanks man.

Greg Gordon says:
np it did go well

Greg Gordon says:
praise God

Mike Balog says:
Indeed!

Greg Gordon says:
so how are you keeping?

Mike Balog says:
Been nuts! Working up in S.F. about an hour from here...little out of the norm for me :) But the Lord is good...You?

Greg Gordon says:
lots of stuff happening but im glad this worked out so well!

Meeting Owner: Greg Gordon
Current Attendees: Tracy Hobby, Robert Wurtz II, Anita, brad alford, ISHA, Mike Balog, Jerry Rowe, [toj.cc]kraniac, aka shazbot (kraniac@hotmail.com), chad sepulveda (chadsepulveda@neo.tamu.edu), Daniel Foster (danielpfoster@hotmail.com), Jennifer (justreadthebook@earthlink.net), Ken (netshepherds@msn.com), shawn (ilovepostnuke@hotmail.com), Tim Donovan, Jeremy Lee (hulseyjeremy@hotmail.com)
Entered Meeting At: 2004-5-20 8:43:42 PM
File Saved at: 2004-5-20 10:07:44 PM

2004/5/20 22:09Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

I am happy to announce that the Live Seminar went off without a glitch. Praise God. There were about 7 people present and there was some great discussion after the presentation. And the speaker Robert Wurtz fielded some question and answer which really proved profitable! I encourage others to register and get involved with other upcoming seminars. ;-)

2004/5/21 1:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy