SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Come up Here"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

"Come up Here"

I recieved this today and thought it was outstanding.

[color=006600]"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, 'Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this'" (Revelation 4:1).[/color]

"AFTER THIS, I LOOKED..."

Ah Lord God! Our hearts have become hardened, and our love has grown cold. We want to see without having to look, and we want to hear without having to listen. We are blind leaders of the blind, preaching the doctrines and commandments of men, ever learning, but never knowing the truth.

Incline our hearts to seek You, and give us a wise and understanding heart that can be acquainted with all Your ways. After all we have seen and heard, after all we have experienced, after all we have passed over and passed through, after all this, let us now look up to You.

"AND BEHOLD, A DOOR WAS OPENED IN HEAVEN..."

Ah Lord God! We are people of the earth. We are carnal. We are fleshly. We are natural. We are flesh and blood. Our feet are planted firmly on the ground. We have the stench of Adam, the smell of the earth, in the pores of our skin, and in all our ways. The Heaven is higher than the Earth - how shall we ascend? Your ways and Your thoughts are higher than ours - how shall we know them?

O Living Christ, Narrow Gate, Narrow Way, open the Door of Heaven that we may come out and go in through You, the only Way and Truth and Life! May we see Heaven opened to us, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man, Jacob's Ladder, the One Who opens doors that no man can close; the One Who closes doors that no man can open.

"AND THE FIRST VOICE WHICH I HEARD WAS LIKE A TRUMPET SPEAKING WITH ME..."

Ah Lord God! How can we hear Your Voice in the midst of so many other voices? Many come to us, but they have not been sent; many speak, but You have not spoken to them. If the trumpet gives an uncertain sound, who shall prepare for the battle?

Open our ears to hear what You are saying, Word of God. When the Door of Heaven is opened to us then let Your Voice be the First Voice that we hear. Let the Trumpet of Christ pierce through the noise and confusion with a clear note that is unmistakable, and let the dead rise and come to You at the sound of Your Voice.

"SAYING, 'COME UP HERE, AND I WILL SHOW YOU THINGS WHICH MUST TAKE PLACE AFTER THIS...'"

Arise, sons and daughters of man! Shake the dust of Adam from off your feet, and ascend. Rise above; rule and reign with Me as Overcomers. Come up here and be with Me where I am. Set your affection on things above. Sit with Me in My Throne and I will show you great and mighty things that you know not.

He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.

Blessed are they who look, and behold the Open Door in Heaven, and hear My Voice like a trumpet, and rise up to be with Me where I am. Behold, I make all things new!

~Chip Brogden

2004/5/14 15:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy