Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : the lord the beach and my boys

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

the lord the beach and my boys

the other night i decided after pray that i would take my boys down the beach and we would pray to Jesus. On the way i asked the lord to show me how to teach my boys about God so that they would understand.

as we stood on the beach i saw a long path about 2kms long heading towards a clock tower that is covered in bright lights. i said to my two young boys see that tower it is like the lord and we will follow the path to the light. to start of with the path that was formed by the waves of the ocean was very wide. i said to my boys on the left side of the path it is covered with large amounts of seaweed and if you walk into it you will fall over. on the right side of the path is the sea so if you walk into it you will get drenched in water. we started our walk not knowing what was ahead of us on the path but maintained constant eyes on the tower with the light. shortly we came to a gully in our path that was filled with ocean water. i said to my boys shall we walk to the left or the right of the path or jump over the gully after a discussion we all felt it was better to stay on the path as it was dark. so we all jumped over the path and only a small part of our right foot landed in the water. as the walk went on the path became smaller and smaller, more gullies apeared but were only small and we could jump over them easy. then the path started to disapear in the darkness around us but we all agreed as long as we walked towards the tower light we would make it. nearly at the end of our journey. on the right side of the tower i saw to flames start twirling in the air which was a man practising a circus act. but straight away i said to the boys "who is staring at that light instead of the tower and we all had been and our walk started heading towards that instead of the true light that was in front of us. so we agreed that this light was a false light trying to direct us from the true light. we made it to the tower light and we were able to put this parable towards spiritual understanding of our own walk with christ and what our true focus will be.

this was a miricle for us as i normally am unable to explain biblical principles to children. we had a prayer and talk about it for about week after and my boys still bring it up.

:-)

2007/9/7 13:03Profile

Re: the lord the beach and my boys

Thanks for sharing this. What a great parable!

The Lord gives wisdom and the right words when really needed; I doubt if the lads will ever forget that experience, or what it taught them.

And if, as they grow older, they come under increasing temptation to stray from the right Way, they will always know the Way Home.

Jeannette

2007/9/7 16:28
crusader

Australia:

Re: thankyou for your anwser, i to hope this

as a father i do not have many skills as my own father was unable to spend time with me as a child. so doing fatherly things with my children can leave me blank most of the time. but since i have been seeking god when ever i can and praising him. God is showing me little by little how to bring my boys up. normally it is after prayer that God is starting to advise me on how to react with my children. I hope so much that as you said that when they are of age to make their own choices and i am not their to advice them. that Jesus will bring that memory to their minds so that they make the right choice. that evening i we had so much joy we talked along the beach about God and laughed with joy over different things the lord showed us.

my boys are 6yrs and 9yrs old

2007/9/7 21:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: the lord the beach and my boys

Thank you crusader for sharing this, truly wonderful.

2007/9/8 0:07Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy