SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Capital Punishment & War

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
pastorfrin
Member



Joined: 2006/1/19
Posts: 1406


 Re:

Nonresistance and Nonparticipation in Civil Government
by Paul Horst
Tract 21E74
published by Rod and Staff Publishers, Inc. Crockett, KY 41413

On this subject we have many Scriptures. "Resist not evil; but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also . . ." "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you . . ." (Matthew 5:38-48). "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, saith the Lord" (Romans 12:19).

Also, in Ephesians 6:12 and 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 we are plainly told that our warfare is spiritual, not physical, and the weapons, although they are powerful and effective, are not of this world (carnal).

Finally, in Hebrews 11:13-16 we clearly see that the child of God has a heavenly country and therefore a heavenly citizenship which demands his first allegiance. Any nation on earth in which he dwells must realize that he is there as an alien, and that, although he will endeavor to be subject to their will where possible, he cannot be expected to participate in their affairs nor compromise his heavenly citizenship.

As we consider these truths and others, such as the Beatitudes, we come to see that nonresistance is not just a matter of what we will do or not do in certain situations, but rather a very spirit of meekness, humility, and love which possesses the Christian when he is truly born again. The spirit of resentment, revenge, and retaliation is crucified with self, and the new spirit becomes our way of life.

Not Nonviolence or Passive Resistance

This is not nonviolence or passive resistance, which, though not involving physical force, does yet manifest the spirit of resistance and demanding of our rights. Guy F. Hershberger, a Mennonite leader, has stated: "The [black's] leader, Martin Luther King, has successfully trained thousands in something which we have professed to believe for four hundred years - the way of nonviolence." This is clearly false, for the way of nonviolence includes many things foreign to the way of nonresistance, such as lobbying to influence legislation, demanding of our rights and privileges, refusal to obey the law even when obedience does not involve one in wrongdoing. Of course we can have no part in suppression or inequalities, but nonviolence is not the answer, nor is this what we have professed to believe for four hundred years, but rather we believe that which Jesus and the early church professed - nonresistance.

Not Only Abstinence From Vengeance

Neither is it only abstinence from personal vengeance, for the Old Testament already forbade this and made provision for orderly judgment and punishment (Deuteronomy 19). Therefore, we believe that Jesus intended that all vengeance is forbidden to the Christian. How could He have made it more clear? God says (1 Peter 2:21-24) that Jesus is our example and that He, when reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He threatened not, but committed Himself to God. Shall we, then who profess to follow Him, lift our hands or weapons to defend our lands, houses, families, or our own bodies? Shall we not rather leave all vengeance to God and those whom He shall use to execute His wrath? (See Romans 13).

Not An Endeavor to Bring About World Peace

The Bible leaves us no hope that men shall ever be able to bring about world peace through disarmament, political lobbying, and so forth, owing to the very nature of the world and the heart of man. Therefore, nonresistance is no futile attempt or fanciful dream to that end.


Neither is it an effort to "bury our heads" to the evil around us, but rather the result of a firm conviction that evil must be met by spiritual resistance; and must be overcome with good (Romans 12:21). It is true that God used His people in the past, as a nation, to punish sin; and provides for such punishment today through earthly government; and will in the future bring condemnation upon all the ungodly. Yet the people of God in this age are given the ministry of reconciliation rather than the ministry of retribution. "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour" (Romans 13:10).

That this spirit must fill all of life, we see in 1 Peter 3:8, 9, for here it is applied to the home and our closest relationships. Here it is that we are apt to be the most careless in exercising those virtues which rise out of love. Here, too, we see how to apply it to all situations, for if it is good for the home, as all agree, then it is good for neighbors, friends, strangers, and enemies.

Not Opposed to Government

Let it be said, however, that while we cannot participate in earthly governments, we are not opposed to them, but rather accept them as a necessary part of an evil, unregenerate society. We lend them our support in every Scriptural way (by prayer, financial support, and obedience wherever possible without conflict with the Word of God).

Some have supposed that the early church and the Anabaptists opposed participation in the government because of the nature of the governments under which they lived, but we have no reason to think they would have acted differently under any other form of government. The reasons which they gave and the Scriptures set forth in support of nonparticipation apply equally to dictatorships, kingdoms, and democracies. This is true in time of peace as well as during persecution. Jesus refused to be made king or judge (John 6:15; Luke 12:13, 14). Also, we notice that the New Testament never speaks to the government, nor to Christians as a part of the government (except in the case of the soldiers coming to John the Baptist, under the Old Covenant), but always to the Christians about the government. Thus, Romans 13 does not justify participation in government, as many think, but rather says "he" is God's servant "to thee . . . he beareth not the sword in vain . . . he is a revenger." But "ye must needs be subject . . . ye pay tribute . . . they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing" (justice, order, revenge).

Does a democratic form of government make every citizen a part of the government as some say? They say this to justify voting, saying "all are a part of the government anyhow, whether they vote or not, so we might as well use our opportunity to help control it." If this is true, then we become responsible for the actions of the government and the killing even though we refuse to fight. This we deny, maintaining, as God's people have done in the past, that we are not a part of the carnal government and want no part. Why then should we, by voting, acknowledge that which we so strenuously deny by our refusal to fight or hold public office?

No, brethren, but let us remember that we are now already living in the heavenly kingdom, our King is the Lord Jesus, and for that King we are willing to die!




 2007/9/6 19:33Profile
tjservant
Member



Joined: 2006/8/25
Posts: 1658
Indiana USA

 Re:

Quote:
Of course it would be easier to simply state that none of us can ever be involved in earthly government or serve in the miliatry. Certainly most of the teachings of the New Testament seem harder if not impossible for those in public and military service. However, this incongruity between Godliness and the seedier aspects of public service, is not the same as a de facto prohibition, just as ambiguity is not a license or endorsement.



Well put Compton.


_________________
TJ

 2007/9/6 19:51Profile









 Re:

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
Nonresistance and Nonparticipation in Civil Government
by Paul Horst
Tract 21E74
published by Rod and Staff Publishers, Inc. Crockett, KY 41413

On this subject we have many Scriptures. "Resist not evil; but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also . . ." "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you . . ." (Matthew 5:38-48). "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, saith the Lord" (Romans 12:19).

Also, in Ephesians 6:12 and 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 we are plainly told that our warfare is spiritual, not physical, and the weapons, although they are powerful and effective, are not of this world (carnal).

Finally, in Hebrews 11:13-16 we clearly see that the child of God has a heavenly country and therefore a heavenly citizenship which demands his first allegiance. Any nation on earth in which he dwells must realize that he is there as an alien, and that, although he will endeavor to be subject to their will where possible, he cannot be expected to participate in their affairs nor compromise his heavenly citizenship.

As we consider these truths and others, such as the Beatitudes, we come to see that nonresistance is not just a matter of what we will do or not do in certain situations, but rather a very spirit of meekness, humility, and love which possesses the Christian when he is truly born again. The spirit of resentment, revenge, and retaliation is crucified with self, and the new spirit becomes our way of life.

Not Nonviolence or Passive Resistance

This is not nonviolence or passive resistance, which, though not involving physical force, does yet manifest the spirit of resistance and demanding of our rights. Guy F. Hershberger, a Mennonite leader, has stated: "The [black's] leader, Martin Luther King, has successfully trained thousands in something which we have professed to believe for four hundred years - the way of nonviolence." This is clearly false, for the way of nonviolence includes many things foreign to the way of nonresistance, such as lobbying to influence legislation, demanding of our rights and privileges, refusal to obey the law even when obedience does not involve one in wrongdoing. Of course we can have no part in suppression or inequalities, but nonviolence is not the answer, nor is this what we have professed to believe for four hundred years, but rather we believe that which Jesus and the early church professed - nonresistance.

Not Only Abstinence From Vengeance

Neither is it only abstinence from personal vengeance, for the Old Testament already forbade this and made provision for orderly judgment and punishment (Deuteronomy 19). Therefore, we believe that Jesus intended that all vengeance is forbidden to the Christian. How could He have made it more clear? God says (1 Peter 2:21-24) that Jesus is our example and that He, when reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He threatened not, but committed Himself to God. Shall we, then who profess to follow Him, lift our hands or weapons to defend our lands, houses, families, or our own bodies? Shall we not rather leave all vengeance to God and those whom He shall use to execute His wrath? (See Romans 13).

Not An Endeavor to Bring About World Peace

The Bible leaves us no hope that men shall ever be able to bring about world peace through disarmament, political lobbying, and so forth, owing to the very nature of the world and the heart of man. Therefore, nonresistance is no futile attempt or fanciful dream to that end.


Neither is it an effort to "bury our heads" to the evil around us, but rather the result of a firm conviction that evil must be met by spiritual resistance; and must be overcome with good (Romans 12:21). It is true that God used His people in the past, as a nation, to punish sin; and provides for such punishment today through earthly government; and will in the future bring condemnation upon all the ungodly. Yet the people of God in this age are given the ministry of reconciliation rather than the ministry of retribution. "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour" (Romans 13:10).

That this spirit must fill all of life, we see in 1 Peter 3:8, 9, for here it is applied to the home and our closest relationships. Here it is that we are apt to be the most careless in exercising those virtues which rise out of love. Here, too, we see how to apply it to all situations, for if it is good for the home, as all agree, then it is good for neighbors, friends, strangers, and enemies.

Not Opposed to Government

Let it be said, however, that while we cannot participate in earthly governments, we are not opposed to them, but rather accept them as a necessary part of an evil, unregenerate society. We lend them our support in every Scriptural way (by prayer, financial support, and obedience wherever possible without conflict with the Word of God).

Some have supposed that the early church and the Anabaptists opposed participation in the government because of the nature of the governments under which they lived, but we have no reason to think they would have acted differently under any other form of government. The reasons which they gave and the Scriptures set forth in support of nonparticipation apply equally to dictatorships, kingdoms, and democracies. This is true in time of peace as well as during persecution. Jesus refused to be made king or judge (John 6:15; Luke 12:13, 14). Also, we notice that the New Testament never speaks to the government, nor to Christians as a part of the government (except in the case of the soldiers coming to John the Baptist, under the Old Covenant), but always to the Christians about the government. Thus, Romans 13 does not justify participation in government, as many think, but rather says "he" is God's servant "to thee . . . he beareth not the sword in vain . . . he is a revenger." But "ye must needs be subject . . . ye pay tribute . . . they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing" (justice, order, revenge).

Does a democratic form of government make every citizen a part of the government as some say? They say this to justify voting, saying "all are a part of the government anyhow, whether they vote or not, so we might as well use our opportunity to help control it." If this is true, then we become responsible for the actions of the government and the killing even though we refuse to fight. This we deny, maintaining, as God's people have done in the past, that we are not a part of the carnal government and want no part. Why then should we, by voting, acknowledge that which we so strenuously deny by our refusal to fight or hold public office?

No, brethren, but let us remember that we are now already living in the heavenly kingdom, our King is the Lord Jesus, and for that King we are willing to die!



[color=00EE55]I believe the Bible teaches us to be at peace with everryone, if possible. I often refer back to Peter who resisted the Roman soldiers who came to arrest Jesus. As you know Jesus put his ear back on and used Peter to preach the first sermon after the Holy Spirit fell on HIS disciples. As I have said in other post on SI, the Bible never teaches us to not resist the devil. Jesus will put all the ears back back on then that he desires to. The devil works best in other people to comes to but kill, steal and destroy. If anyone has any problem discerning that the present day terrorist are doing the devil's work, doesn't have very much discernment. Yes, Jesus will come back as King of Kings and Lord of Lords for those who revere HIM as that LORD here on earth. Oh, if the people who have this rollover mentality would just all move to one country and invite the terrorist over for a Bible class and that would fix everything, then we could have peace, right. The first thing they would demand is you refer to Jesus as ALLAH. ANd that should be where if we are christian we die. Of course, some want to enjoy the protections of a government and police protection also and not participate in either or offer up any prayers for either the military or the police and the same bunch of liberals turn right around and criticize the government for not rushing to darfar in defense of the genicide that is occuring there. Does it sound like it is talking out both sides of the mouth to you? It does to me. If you are a christian, eternal life has already begun when Jesus forgave us of our sins and HE made you a brother by adoption, whereby we can cry out to our Abba Father in heaven. The terrorist have many plans to take over America and one of them is to deceive all the people and take over without firing a shot. I noticed most of the people who criticize the military protection for their families and protection that provides freedom to worship a Holy God, doesn't ever disclose their native country location on their profile on SI. I wonder why? I say God Bless and may God Bless America so they can Bless others with the gospel and food and medicine and everything else.[/color]

 2007/9/7 19:30
K_DAY
Member



Joined: 2006/7/28
Posts: 144
Ann Arbor, MI

 Re:

Quote:
I noticed most of the people who criticize the military protection for their families and protection that provides freedom to worship a Holy God, doesn't ever disclose their native country location on their profile on SI.



This is wrong, or at least stated wrongly. No military provides "freedom" to worship God, nor is our ability to worship God dependent upon any group of men with guns, or any Bill of Rights, or anything else besides our love for God.

Sure, we have men in uniforms that make the consequences of doing so less severe, for the time being. But I believe, as do many on this forum that this world is coming to a place where that will not be the case. So what do we do? Do we shield ourselves from persecution as long as possible by displacing the violence onto other people? Or do we surround ourselves in the hope of a freedom that no AK47 or smart bomb will ever gain us? Our actions have consequences. If we live by the sword, we die by the sword.

-K_DAY

 2007/9/7 23:05Profile
pastorfrin
Member



Joined: 2006/1/19
Posts: 1406


 Re:

Quote:
I believe the Bible teaches us to be at peace with everryone, if possible. I often refer back to Peter who resisted the Roman soldiers who came to arrest Jesus. As you know Jesus put his ear back on and used Peter to preach the first sermon after the Holy Spirit fell on HIS disciples. As I have said in other post on SI, the Bible never teaches us to not resist the devil. Jesus will put all the ears back back on then that he desires to. The devil works best in other people to comes to but kill, steal and destroy. If anyone has any problem discerning that the present day terrorist are doing the devil's work, doesn't have very much discernment. Yes, Jesus will come back as King of Kings and Lord of Lords for those who revere HIM as that LORD here on earth. Oh, if the people who have this rollover mentality would just all move to one country and invite the terrorist over for a Bible class and that would fix everything, then we could have peace, right. The first thing they would demand is you refer to Jesus as ALLAH. ANd that should be where if we are christian we die. Of course, some want to enjoy the protections of a government and police protection also and not participate in either or offer up any prayers for either the military or the police and the same bunch of liberals turn right around and criticize the government for not rushing to darfar in defense of the genicide that is occuring there. Does it sound like it is talking out both sides of the mouth to you? It does to me. If you are a christian, eternal life has already begun when Jesus forgave us of our sins and HE made you a brother by adoption, whereby we can cry out to our Abba Father in heaven. The terrorist have many plans to take over America and one of them is to deceive all the people and take over without firing a shot. I noticed most of the people who criticize the military protection for their families and protection that provides freedom to worship a Holy God, doesn't ever disclose their native country location on their profile on SI. I wonder why? I say God Bless and may God Bless America so they can Bless others with the gospel and food and medicine and everything else.



Ephes. 6:10-20
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. [11] Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. [12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. [13] Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. [14] Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; [15] And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; [16] Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. [17] And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: [18] Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; [19] And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, [20] For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.


By the way Moe, that country or I should say kingdom does exist, only not by man.

John 18:36-37
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. [37] Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

pastorfrin




 2007/9/7 23:15Profile
Compton
Member



Joined: 2005/2/24
Posts: 2732


 Re:

Quote:
My kingdom is not of this world:



This week our litle girl told us about a Jehovah Witness classmate at school that is forbidden by her parents to say the pledge of allegiance. I was curious if perhaps some people here at SI feel the same way. (Maybe this question has been asked before.) Are there some SI brethren who believe it is wrong to join in the pledge of allegiance to the United States or any other state?

I'm not 'going anywhere' with this question...just curious. Perhaps such a 'poll' should be the start of another thread...

MC


_________________
Mike Compton

 2007/9/7 23:31Profile









 Re:


K-Day wrote:This is wrong, or at least stated wrongly. No military provides "freedom" to worship God, nor is our ability to worship God dependent upon any group of men with guns, or any Bill of Rights, or anything else besides our love for God.

[u]Sure, we have men in uniforms that make the consequences of doing so less severe, for the time being.[/u] But I believe, as do many on this forum that this world is coming to a place where that will not be the case. So what do we do? Do we shield ourselves from persecution as long as possible by displacing the violence onto other people? Or do we surround ourselves in the hope of a freedom that no AK47 or smart bomb will ever gain us? Our actions have consequences. If we live by the sword, we die by the sword.
-K_DAY




[color=003399] moe wrote: And where are you from? Whooo you really tooted the horns of those putting their life on the line in the underlined. How greatful you are!!! I wonder if you are as grateful and thankful to Jesus for giving HIS life, for the sins of the world, as you are the soldiers for their friends and their nation against evil.

You say less severe, why don't you trade places with them and you say wrongly stated: (according to who?) Osama Bin Laden. Maybe you need to move to Iran or North Korea and proclaim HIS name in public or start a church and see how LESS SEVERE IT IS, if you don't think America's law's and military gives you any protection to worship HIM on earth. That's pure ignorance and liberal rethoric and also disrespect for military people who put their life on the line to give others protection from those doing the devil's work, if you indeed live in America. No greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his friends. What you are saying, is just what the enemy wants and promotes to be put out to the people to deceive them. Read the passage below and just in case you don't know what a centurion is. It is a soldier. Then read verse 9. Wake up if you live in America and if you don't I wonder just what the motive for the post is.

Luke 7:8-9
2 And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.

3 And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.

4 And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:

5 For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

6 Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:
7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.
KJV
8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

9 When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
KJV[/color]

 2007/9/7 23:41









 Re:

quote]
Compton wrote:

Quote:
My kingdom is not of this world:



This week our litle girl told us about a Jehovah Witness classmate at school that is forbidden by her parents to say the pledge of allegiance. I was curious if perhaps some people here at SI feel the same way. (Maybe this question has been asked before.) Are there some SI brethren who believe it is wrong to join in the pledge of allegiance to the United States or any other state?

I'm not 'going anywhere' with this question...just curious. Perhaps such a 'poll' should be the start of another thread...


moe wrote:These people you are referring to are not, I repeat are not true witnesses for the Jehovah God I serve, because they leave out the part where Jehovah is coming back in mighty power and great glory to get those whose have made HIM LORD of their life. When the false Jehovah witnesses come to your house, just tell them, yea I'm a true Jehovah witness, you are not. Until he comes for us serve God, family, and country and resist evil.

 2007/9/7 23:55
K_DAY
Member



Joined: 2006/7/28
Posts: 144
Ann Arbor, MI

 Re:

Quote:
And where are you from?



I am originally from Indianapolis, Indiana, and now I live in Chicago.

Quote:
Whooo you really tooted the horns of those putting their life on the line in the underlined.


My intention certainly wasn't to "toot anyone's horns." I am just trying to make the point that all I need to be free in this life is communion with Jesus. I have lived in absolute bondage in my life, despite living in a country that is a pillar of democracy. My freedom didn't come from the military, it came from the cross, and I don't think I need to apologize for that.


Quote:
I wonder if you are as grateful and thankful to Jesus for giving HIS life, for the sins of the world, as you are the soldiers for their friends and their nation against evil.


I'm not sure I understand your comparison. To me Jesus' death on the cross is absolutely incomparable to any death that a man can die. Please explain to me why you think my conviction that all matters be handled peacefully means that I love Jesus less. Thats a really hurtful shot you took at me and you don't even know me.

Quote:
You say less severe, why don't you trade places with them and you say wrongly stated: (according to who?) Osama Bin Laden. Maybe you need to move to Iran or North Korea and proclaim HIS name in public or start a church and see how LESS SEVERE IT IS, if you don't think America's law's and military gives you any protection to worship HIM on earth.



I think maybe you are taking what I said the wrong way. You know, I have served as a missionary over-seas in places that haven't been as sugar coated as you think my life in America has been. I have been around Muslims who have found their savior, only to be excommunicated from their family, and threatened to be killed. I have read about guys like Brother Yun who have been continuously tortured. I have read about the persecution of the apostles. And still, I maintain that all of those men experienced more freedom than most Americans with our fancy churches and freedom of expression. I guess I just define freedom differently than you, Moe Mac.

And if you want to make it personally about me, I have always been transparent about where I stand with these things. I admit that there is a gap between what I know is true, and where my heart is. Between how I know I should act, and how I would. Sure, I could move to N. Korea, or Iran and proclaim the truth, or try to start a church. And truthfully, maybe I don't have the faith to do that yet. Moe Mac, I wholeheartedly acknowledge that the consequences of doing so in N. Korea or Iran are drastically different than in the U.S. However, to me, I will be the most free when I am able to love God with 100% of my heart, without fear, no matter where I am, and no matter what the consequences are for doing so! That to me is freedom!

Please try not to get upset with me, or let your horns get tooted OK? :-D I think we can carry this on without presuming things about each other, or taking any personal shots. Take care!

-K_DAY

 2007/9/8 0:18Profile









 Re:

K-day
And still, I maintain that all of those men experienced more freedom than most Americans with our fancy churches and freedom of expression. I guess I just define freedom differently than you, Moe Mac.

moe wrote: No sir I define freeedom the same way you do. Jesus is our Blessed Hope. All the military in the world could not save me from hell only what Jesus did on the cross can do that. I want to continue to toot Jesus' horn until HE calls me home. But I also want to toot the people who put their earthly life on the line for mine.

I know the Lord appreciates your missionary work and I do as well. Preaching Jesus is the most important thing in the world. The only thing that is permanant and lasting. Our freedom definition is not any different when we are talking about eternity in hell or heaven. Your are right we as Americans should be waking the world up shouting HIS name in praise and we are not. We have an enemy that wants to stop the missionaries, the preachers, and all who proclaim HIS name. I think that is what really gets me irritated is I know the devil is working in the terrorist lives. Sorry ,I know I came down pretty hard in my post on the military people's behalf, forgive me if I offended you. You have not offended me. If God required a certain span of time in righteous living and devotion to HIM I know I would never be able to make a post or speak HIS WORD.

I lived most of my life in sin in rebellion towards God and when I read Romans 12:1, I am well aware that I don't have near enough to offer back to HIM as I would like in thanksgiving and service to HIM, but I am still compelled to speak. God Bless brother.
moe_mac

 2007/9/8 1:48





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy