SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Lead a soul to christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Lead a soul to christ

i am just wondering, :-) if some of you dear brothers and sisters would help me. I am trying to put together a list of verses or shorter passages that can be useful when leading a soul to Christ. I will try and memorize some of them and i have found some very good ones already.

But what i would like is more verses :-) on every topic so when speaking to someone i can use scriptures more effectively and talk more about what they are saying in applying that to what the bible says. And show them what God has said about it.

first we must show them they are sinners so verses that cover that area, and verses about redemption, and justification and judgment all other things,

So if you have some favorite verses or some verses you consider to be good in showing people who God is and what he has done for them, and showing them what state they are and what will happened and so on...please share.

some examples of what i meen:

SIN

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

JUDGMENT

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
2Co 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

REPENTANCE

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Mar 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luk 3:7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Luk 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Mercy/Grace

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Other topics are

heaven, hell, backsliding , living a holy life, and so on

God bless you all

Christian

2007/9/6 11:07Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Lead a soul to christ

Quote:
But what i would like is more verses on every topic so when speaking to someone i can use scriptures more effectively and talk more about what they are saying in applying that to what the bible says. And show them what God has said about it.

Have you looked at Torrey's Topical Textbook? I have found it very helpful in studying Scriptures by topic. If you have E-sword, you can download Torrey's work for free, it is one of the dictionary modules. Also, you can find it online [url=http://bible.crosswalk.com/Concordances/TorreysTopicalTextbook/]HERE[/url].

In Christ,

Ron

2007/9/6 11:18Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

thank you Ron!

2007/9/6 11:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy