SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Could It Have Been Avoided?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Talkn2u

Re:

It is very clear in that passage you brot up, Jeff, that God is telling the people to Seek Him and live....He is the only hope...yet wickedness abounds.

But then we read verses 10 and 13:

"They hate the one who rebukes in the gate. And they abhor the one who speaks uprightly.

Therefore the prudent keep silent at that time, for it is an evil time."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is it fear that has softened and in many cases "silenced" the directive voice of the Church?
Have we become so discouraged by the lack of receptiveness of the Gospel, that we won't even speak it out?
Do we fear persecution?
or worse yet,
Do we see the evil as being stonger than the Power of God to overcome the wickedness, therefore we have just stopped praying?

Bonnie

2007/9/7 7:04Profile

Re:

Quote:

Compliments wrote:
Quote:
As far as America and the coming destruction; I sometimes feel like Abraham pleading with God, "If there were 10 righteous???"

And if I can speak for some of us out there, we haven't a clue what our purpose is in all this or even what we've been called to do, but there is a stirring in our hearts to know the LORD. If we have been called to nothing but to KNOW Him, then I am content.

brother my heart resonates with that statment. i have been touched by the word, if the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do? i heard the past few days sermons from three different preachers, and the same issue crept back up again and again; i wouldn't have been surprised though except that 2 of the preachers were defintely speaking in the 60s, which bewildered me a bit with the idea that the same issues had been creeping in the church of the Lord as early as those years.

2007/9/7 8:03

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy