SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Could It Have Been Avoided?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Talkn2u

Could It Have Been Avoided?

We are hearing about and seeing the rapid decline of the econonmy and the steady decline of morality in our country (and elsewhere).

And now much talk increasing in the past couple of decades as to the coming of judgement and the falling of America and the great shaking etc....

Sincerely I ask: Could the coming demise have been avoided, if we as professed Christians really were being Salt/Light?
If we took the Words of Jesus literal and went out into all the world and preached the gospel...yes, even the worlds we all reside in day in and day out.

Have we flippantly recited: If my people who are called by My Name will humble themselves, and pray and turn from their wicked ways,then will I hear from Heaven and heal their land....

and yet we don't really do that

Have we become so wrapped up in the world, rather than living distinctly in a lifestyle that reflects Christ?

Have we so blended into the World that Christ is unnoticed and unseen?

Could we have Avoided what is coming by keeping Christ as a focal point in our hearts, homes, lives, our schools, OUR CHURCHES?

or if this demise "IS" destiny...then why were we told to humble ourselves and pray for our Land?

Bonnie

2007/9/5 19:05Profile

Re: Could It Have Been Avoided?

Quote:
Could It Have Been Avoided?

No, it would have eventually come around to this anyway. Every nation on the face of the Earth that has been a super power, will come to an end. History shows and has proven this. Could this have been prolonged? most definitely.

Only the Kingdom of God is eternal, all other kingdoms fall short of it and must bow down to the ground in total submission to that Kingdom.

Yes destructions are coming, it's inevitable that they come, but Christians shouldn't be looking forward to any of this, we shouldn't be glad to see the destruction of the wicked. If you do, there is something wrong with your spirit.
Quote:
Luke 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

My prayer is "In wrath remember mercy"
Quote:
Habakkuk 3:2 O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy.

As a partial preterist who believes in a coming of the LORD and the resurrection, there are elements that we must hold unto in regards to future events that many preterists deem as in the past and that is the word of God changeth not. If a nation rejects God the end results of that nation is it will be turned into hell so says the proverb.

Though nothing is new under the sun, thank God His mercies are.

2007/9/5 19:47
Talkn2u

Re:

Compliments:
Thank you for your input.

There is so much excitement in me whenever I hear: "Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord."
and
as you stated "all other kingdoms... must bow down to the ground in total submission to that Kingdom."

I do not wish the demise of the Wicked. Even in my own personal life when I have been betrayed, lied against, persecuted etc. my prayer is that the Holy Spirit show them Truth.

There are times I have read the Psalmist's plea for help from God and he cries out for God to destroy his enemies and make their children fatherless...etc...and I find myself saying, "Oh God I don't wish that on them, I just want them to know You and your Truth!"

Besides, we don't wrestle against flesh and blood.

As far as America and the coming destruction; I sometimes feel like Abraham pleading with God, "If there were 10 righteous???"

My prayer would be that this entire Country, the whole world for that matter, be brought to its knees and turn to God and the Word of God be spoken freely amongst us...and in people's conversations you would always overhear the Goodness of the Lord...The Faithfulness of our Father...The Uprightness of His Hand... That we would see Hearts Aflame for Christ...
That is my prayer for our Country: to turn their hearts and lives over to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

I am not looking for Heaven on earth. But I believe that God is so entirely wonderful and marvelous, that it is a shame that people are missing out in their lives by not living for Him.

I know I am asking for what seems impossible; but I do believe in the power of intercessory prayer...and I do believe that with God all things are possible.

That is the only reason I would look forward to a Shaking...NOT to destruction, but to an awakening that will cause true Repentance!

Oh that men might seek Him and come to know Him!

Bonnie

2007/9/6 6:25Profile

Re:

[color=0000CC]I believe this is post is right on. The true messenger always gives hope in their warnings and their main objective and God's also is always to be a message of repentance and restoration and not destruction. This message may be hard for some to accept, but when there is repentance there is forgiveness of sins. God has used Americans for over 200 years, in a might way in HIS plans and purposes, to reach others, and he still is some degree, but does not seem to be to the degree He once was using the people but it is not HIS fault that He is not. We must always point those who say otherwise to American history in devotion to HIM and the history of those leaders who led our nation in the past and also in the manner in which they led the nation in success and why victory and blessing came in the past.(because of their devotion to HIM). Thank you for the post.[/color]

2007/9/6 8:51

Re:

Quote:
As far as America and the coming destruction; I sometimes feel like Abraham pleading with God, "If there were 10 righteous???"

I was going to write this in my last post but decided not too. I feel the same way. However, since 9/11 men have not changed towards God. There is just a shrug of the shoulders, "oh well" and life goes on without God.

I am grateful for the grace of God that I can see that, otherwise, I could be like the rest of the world, or even the rest of the church world that is blind to all of this. And if I can speak for some of us out there, we haven't a clue what our purpose is in all this or even what we've been called to do, but there is a stirring in our hearts to know the LORD. If we have been called to nothing but to KNOW Him, then I am content.

2007/9/6 9:10
Talkn2u

Re:

Compliments and Moe Mac your hearts are so tender with the Compassion of Christ..it is felt in your comments.
During the night Broken One sent me a PM that matches your hearts also.
This is encouraging, to all of us here on SI. We are on the same page, of the same mind and if we continue to devote ourselves to prayer; God will move in ways that He may not have moved, had we not petitiioned Him...

Yes, 9/11 should have brot America to her face, permanently, but the arrogance of man and his self sufficiency attitude rose him up to say, "we can overcome this, we are a powerful nation" and our strength as a nation set out to over come.
Rather than nation wide outcry of us saying "Without God we are nothing! We have brought this upon ourselves. Let us Turn to Him and be saved."

True followers of Christ looked on and saw the return to complacency...and we are grieved. So we pray some more and intercede continually.

I have heard it said "Too much Faith? how can there be such a thing?"
Well, the same goes for prayer how can we possibly pray too much? or over pray?

There was a thread started recently websites helping us in our walks with the Lord. SI most definetly has.

The sermons, the devotions, and this forum have brot me to a circle of intimates of heart when it comes to Faith in Christ.

I have noticed that altho we may disagree on doctrinal issues or interpretations etc...there is one very strong and essential common denominator: Our Love and Passion for Jesus Christ and the desire we have for Revival to sweep across the world and reconcile the heart of man, unto God.

So, if we be the few that are interceding, and I am sure there are hundreds and hundreds more that are also...then let us not become weary in our intercession before the Throne of God.

And Yes, Compliments, I many times say "But for the Grace of God go I" for I too once was blind, but now I see...and it is only because of the Mighty Spirit of God that my eyes have been opened.

Bonnie

2007/9/6 10:36Profile

Re:

Quote:

moe_mac wrote:
[color=0000CC]I believe this is post is right on. The true messenger always gives hope in their warnings and their main objective and God's also is always to be a message of repentance and restoration and not destruction. This message may be hard for some to accept, but when there is repentance there is forgiveness of sins. God has used Americans for over 200 years, in a might way in HIS plans and purposes, to reach others, and he still is some degree, but does not seem to be to the degree He once was using the people but it is not HIS fault that He is not. We must always point those who say otherwise to American history in devotion to HIM and the history of those leaders who led our nation in the past and also in the manner in which they led the nation in success and why victory and blessing came in the past.(because of their devotion to HIM). Thank you for the post.[/color]

Some great comments on this thread!

I always think of Jeremiah in this kind of context. He warns and warns, and not many take notice. But when the Babylonian army is at the door he blithely buys a field to show that God's people will return to their land!

But that was Israel. He promised not to make a full end of her, but made no such promise to America! Other empires, as was said, have come and gone. Some lost their empires (in modern times the UK, and the USSR did). The USA is perhaps a kind of empire in itself - larger than any other now. In ancient times we can think of the Assyrians, the Egyptians, the Babylonians, the Persians, the Greeks, the Romans. Some nations disappeared completely or were absorbed into other nations.

But the [i]spirit[/i] behind such empires as Babylon, Rome and Assyria live on, and still bring God's people into captivity.

And sometimes God allows it, or even sends these oppressors, in order to teach us a lesson.

Come to think of it, (someone referred to Abraham's intercession for Sodom), there must have been many more than 10 righteous men in Judah at the time of the Babylonian conquest, but that didn't stop it happening.

Mmmm, food for thought. Biblical illustrations and parallels can go so far, but we need to discern what is the mind of God [u][i]this[/i][/u] time.

For myself I believe the warning signs are clear, and the time is short.

How short is another matter...

Just a few rather scattered thoughts...

in Him

Jeannette

Jeannette

2007/9/6 15:02

Re:

Quote:
In ancient times we can think of the Assyrians, the Egyptians, the Babylonians, the Persians, the Greeks, the Romans. Some nations disappeared completely or were absorbed into other nations.

Amazing! This too I was going to put in my previous post but decided not. I am thankful that we are all on the same page as it were. I feel God is fixing to do something with us. I remember the prophecies that I had received many years ago concerning these times and the LORD said that "If I told you what I am going to do, you wouldn't understand". And He was right, I would not have, and I am grateful that He said nothing but will reveal His plan soon when the moment of revealings is near.

For the world, great sorrow. For the believer who is trusting in Him, great Joy.

2007/9/6 20:36
Talkn2u

Re:

Compliments...when you say "prophecies you received years ago concerning these times", may I ask if these Words were given to you personally?
If so, if you don't mind me asking, How did they come to you?

Thank you,
Bonnie

2007/9/7 0:54Profile
rookie

Re:

It is never too late...even after the wickedness of Israel and Judah this is what God says through Amos

Amos 5:4 For thus says the LORD to the house of Israel:
“Seek Me and live;
5 But do not seek Bethel,
Nor enter Gilgal,
Nor pass over to Beersheba;
For Gilgal shall surely go into captivity,
And Bethel shall come to nothing.
6 Seek the LORD and live,
Lest He break out like fire in the house of Joseph,
And devour it,
With no one to quench it in Bethel—
7 You who turn justice to wormwood,
And lay righteousness to rest in the earth!”
8 He made the Pleiades and Orion;
He turns the shadow of death into morning
And makes the day dark as night;
He calls for the waters of the sea
And pours them out on the face of the earth;
The LORD is His name.
9 He rains ruin upon the strong,
So that fury comes upon the fortress.
10 They hate the one who rebukes in the gate,
And they abhor the one who speaks uprightly.
11 Therefore, because you tread down the poor
And take grain taxes from him,
Though you have built houses of hewn stone,
Yet you shall not dwell in them;
You have planted pleasant vineyards,
But you shall not drink wine from them.
12 For I know your manifold transgressions
And your mighty sins:
Afflicting the just and taking bribes;
Diverting the poor from justice at the gate.
13 Therefore the prudent keep silent at that time,
For it is an evil time.
14 Seek good and not evil,
That you may live;
So the LORD God of hosts will be with you,
As you have spoken.
15 Hate evil, love good;
Establish justice in the gate.
It may be that the LORD God of hosts
Will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph.

All we hear these days are bribes, lies, and oppression. What are we to do? Hate evil , love good; establish justice in the gate.

But nationalism is a powerful tool of Satan. Those who point to the evil of this generation will be scourged by the seed of Satan.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/7 1:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy