SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the Gospel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
thomasm

Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada

Re:

AMEN and AMEN.

2007/9/27 22:22Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip quoted

Quote:
Romans 12:1-21 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Do these brethren have Christ in them?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/28 1:06Profile
rookie

Re:

Phil. 3:7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

What does Paul mean by this, that he himself "be found in Him"..."that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection"?

Is this part of the gospel?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/28 1:33Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Michael quoted;

Quote:
The Gospel is called the 'good news' because it addresses the most serious problem that you and I have as human beings, and that problem is simply this: God is holy and He is just, and I’m not. And at the end of my life, I’m going to stand before a just and holy God, and I’ll be judged.

Do you ascribe to Paul's teaching that 'babes in Christ" are prone to live according to the flesh?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/28 1:38Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

Brother Phillip quoted

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romans 12:1-21 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do these brethren have Christ in them?

In Christ
Jeff

Speaking to the same people as in the scripture you quoted; Romans 8:10-16 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

You can answer your own question.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/9/28 2:27Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

""What does Paul mean by this, that he himself "be found in Him"..."that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection""

Verse 10. That I may know him. That I may be fully acquainted with his nature, his character, his work, and with the salvation which he has wrought in me. It is one of the highest objects of desire in the mind of the Christian to know Christ. We will be knowing Him throughout all eternity, and God the Father also, we will never exhaust the Mind of God.

And the power of his resurrection. That is, that I may understand and experience the proper influence which the fact of his resurrection should have on the mind. That influence would be felt in imparting the hope of immortality; in sustaining the soul in the prospect of death, by the expectation of being raised from the grave in like manner; knowing that we were resurrected with Him already and seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. We died with Him and were buried with and are resurrected with Him because He lives in us. Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Philippians 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

He sought to participate in the full honour and glory of such a resurrection.

Paul was in the race and he new the finish but he had not crossed the finish line yet, that would happen when the good race had been won.

1Cr 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

2Ti 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished [my] course,(race) I have kept the faith:

2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

A crown of laurels for the victor for finishing the race.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Win Christ: Phillip

2007/9/28 3:03Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
You can answer your own question.

I will, yes these are believers and Christ is in them...yet to be more succinct (sp?), Paul is exhorting them to "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind..."

This renewing of our mind, how does a believer, one who is obedient to the gospel do this?

In Christ
jeff

2007/9/28 4:14Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
That is, that I may understand and experience the proper influence which the fact of his resurrection should have on the mind.

Could you please explain how one "may understand and experience the proper influence" that comes to bear on the mind of the believer?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/9/28 4:18Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

""This renewing of our mind, how does a believer, one who is obedient to the gospel do this?""

Jhn 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Eph 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Answer: Ask, Seek, Study, you will most assuredly find, listen to Paul and most of all hear the Parakleet, the Holy Spirit Teacher of all things that Christ says.

2Ti 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/9/28 5:35Profile
thomasm

Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada

Re: renewing the mind

We all ready have all things in Christ, we do not experience this, full gospel, because we will not accept all things, like a little child. We have to search it out dig through all the word, get totally right, and then, we may have the truth, but we forget to make our own. Wouldn't it be easier to just receive it, because Jesus through the Holy Ghost, told us.
I'm not against searching, but some things we have trust God on, if the scriptures spelled everything out clearly, as it does on some things, we wouldn't have to rely on God.

God gave me a vision [or a daydream] in it I saw a number of His children standing on the bank of the river of life, crying out to God to put them in the river. I said Lord whats up? Then He opened my eyes and I saw them all standing in the river crying to God " Put us in the river"." My people parish for lack of knowledge."

All things are done , we need to ask God, to open our eyes, to see this great salvation IN HIM.

love in CHRIST tom

2007/9/30 1:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy