SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : PC or Mac?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

PC or Mac?

No, it's not what you think. Take a look at these brilliant parodies of the PC v Mac commercials.

[url=http://faithvisuals.com/content/communitychristianchurch/christfollower/]PC v Mac[/url]

2007/9/5 12:49Profile
reformer

Re: PC or Mac?

Had 0e for a second. I was going to say PC.

But I have seen this series a few websites. Anything to draw a crowd you know!

who would you be? PC or Mac? I think I would be a PC, if I had to choose between the two. Not a religous but a PC with Zeal for holiness and righteousness. To many Macs out their who just want to be "cool" and just hang around Jesus, you know dude. He's like, you know, a really cool guy, he wouldn't want us to be, you know, uh, read our bible religously. My little parody!

Its sad that many are leading so many from the real truth.

Good post, it is worth everyone talking about. this is dangerous. John Macarthur, wrote a book concerning this called "THe Truth War."

2007/9/5 13:19Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: PC or Mac?

You know, since they were created by an emergent church they are going to definitely be biased in one direction... they make good points, but they are also a little divisive.

I'm a young man, and wear jeans to church, but I also enjoy an 'ethics manual and a morality play' or two (although I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those bible bags!)

What I'd rather see is an emergent church member respecting an older brother in faith, and a traditional church member seeing the heart for Jesus among many members of the emergent movement... although having experienced both, I lean towards a traditional interpretation of church and Christianity.

2007/9/5 13:23Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
But I have seen this series a few websites. Anything to draw a crowd you know!

I have seen these before on godtube.com they got a ridiculous amount of views. Some of the videos are funny but some bring with it a sad sense of why christianity in our day is ineffective. In alot of the posts in godtube the world is mocking the church.

2007/9/5 13:23Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I don't know if you have seen the UK versions of the original PC v Mac adverts, but they don't work over here. There has been quite a lot of coverage and most 'Brits' (who always have a leaning towards the 'underdog') actually prefer the guy who is the PC!!

The Mac comes across as snide and complacent. The PC guy looks like a lost puppy and sympathies are definitely with him.

I felt the same about these paradies, not that the 'Christian' has much of a puppy look, but just that I don't like to see folks humiliated. I don't agree with the message but I thought the idea was a good one.

ps. I did like the one with the external hard-drive!! :-P

2007/9/7 9:16Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Having used Macintosh computers here at work back to units older than the Classic ( :-o ) there has always been a sense of superiority the Mac useres have carried. Almost like the poor ole' PC is trying to catch up all the time or borrowed many Mac concepts. It's all too funny to me. I have a PC at home and a Mac at work and don't even think about it any more. Reminds me of the preacher talking about straddling the fence, in this case I've got on a Mac shirt with PC pants. :-P

2007/9/7 12:51Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy