SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : People posing as Christians !!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: People posing as Christians!!

ccchhhrrriiisss said

Quote:
Sometimes, I think that we should all spend a few hours in prayer together (without pretense). Maybe such an event would increase our love and respect for one another?

Well, that is possible [i]before[/i] the conference, over skype. Up to [u]nine[/u] people can hear each other at the same time - FREE.

The latest version is at www.skype.com
Older versions, which may work better on Vista or other laptop software, are available at http://oldapps.com/skype.htm

If there is a more personal advantage to skype, it is that it works on username and email address, so anyone who might feel [u]un[/u]ready to share their phone number with a stranger, still can meet in a kind of halfway anonymity. From there, closer and more personal communication becomes more of an informed choice.

Why don't some of you guys get together for half an hour a week and [i][b]do[/i][/b] some praying? It's good experience. :-D

EDIT: Sorry sonofthunder. I didn't mean to divert the excellent discussion. Partly, I think Chris has nailed something important... that praying (together) is a [i]safe[/i] way to go on with God together, whether one is a seasoned pray-er, or still unsure, or, seeking a deeper relationship with God, or, in need of some particular practical answer to a problem.

2007/9/5 19:40

Re: People posing as Christians !!

I was talking to an Atheist who was educated to the hilt, and because I was not he did not regard me. However, I caught him on the issue of evolution to which he got up in heated frustration and took off. God inserted a hint of knowledge for me to give to this man to which even surprised me. I am amazed that most Atheist know the bible, but what they lack is the wisdom and knowledge that the LORD imparts to make the dead letter come alive. This is what causes men to either repent or gnash at you with their teeth, as they did with Stephen. In this case this Atheist was gnashing his teeth. (God have mercy on his soul)

2007/9/5 20:18

Re:

Excellent idea Dorcas. Since the discussion went on to touching how we get along together on forums - and knowing part of Revival is very much to focus on winning "the lost", your suggestion would certainly bring about nothing but good to both.

Once people have prayed together, it is much more difficult - if even possible, to treat each other in the same fashion.
And can only cause the burden for way-ward souls to increase.
And, remembering that at Pentecost, "they were all together in 'one accord'." and praying with one mind together, when the Spirit fell.

Excellent idea.

2007/9/5 21:37

Re:

Can we determination if one is indeed a christian or not on a forum post?

First of all, I think it would be next to impossible to determine 100% if anyone were a true Christian from reading a post. Many can talk the talk, but few can walk the walk. Narrow is the way. Of course, occasionary we get a few clues in posts to shine some light that some lack understanding in the knowledge of HIS Word, if we don't even know enough from HIS WORD that is hid in our heart to write about HIS WORD accurately about how HE instructs us to walk, that could it be a sign or either immaturity or lostness, but do we know?

But even if we can say amen to everything in every post that an individual would make on a christian forum, that would be very encouraging to say the least, but I think we would still be lacking in enough information to convict one of being Christian. A true and credible assessment could not be made by us in what one has written alone. The point to be made is, we could be much more successful at making that call, if we were able to observe if one truely honored HIM with their lips and their heart also or was it really visable that their hearts were far from HIM by one's actions in true devotion to HIM. Could we be almost without error in their writings and still live like the devil in reality?

Of course, if we are given an opportunity to view a person and observe just how they serve the Lord, IN HIS church, in their giving, in their witnessing, in serving, and how they use their spiritual gifts in the church on Sunday and the rest of the week as well and does it match up what they say also, when comparing it to the written post?

Would it be helpful to see how we conduct ourselves all through the week would shine much light if they we disciples or not?

Other things that would be helpful to know is, how do we treat our spouse, our family, our neighbors? Do we strive to be pleasing to the Lord in all things? When a brother/sister disagrees with us and we have convictions that the brother/sister is in error about the issue and we can see it plainly in scripture. Do we compromise with the brother/sister in speaking the WORD or do we bow down to pleasing the brother/sister. Is it not our priority to please God first? Do we have the desire to please both the brother/sister, but when we are forced to make a choice. Who do we chose? Do we please God or man?

Did Joshua give us any info?

Josh 24:14-15
14 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
KJV

1 Thess 4:1-2
4:1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
KJV

Gal 1:9-12
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10[u] For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.[/u]
11[b] But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.[/b]
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
KJV

Rom 16:25 - 1 Cor 1:1

25 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God,[u] so that all nations might believe and obey him-[/u] 27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Rev 1:1-3
1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw-that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3[u] Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it,[/u] because the time is near.

Acts 18:6-8
6 But when the Jews opposed Paul and became abusive,[u] he shook out his clothes in protest and said to them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am clear of my responsibility.[/u] From now on I will go to the Gentiles."
7 Then Paul left the synagogue and went next door to the house of Titius Justus, a worshiper of God. 8 Crispus, the synagogue ruler, and his entire household believed in the Lord; and many of the Corinthians who heard him believed and were baptized.

2 Tim 4:14-18
14 Alexander the metalworker did me a great deal of harm.[u] The Lord will repay him for what he has done. 15 You too should be on your guard against him, because he strongly opposed our message.[/u]

16 At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. 17 But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth. 18[u] The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom.[/u] To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Eph 3:20
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, [u]according to the power that worketh in us,[/u]
KJV

Of course. the main point to be made is, examining ourselves with this same measure. If I can see ur short comings, then are we able to ask for more grace and mercy and want to be pleasing to HIM and men, if possible, but HIM for sure.

2007/9/5 23:26
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

A well known taunt is the sanctification question

It usually goes like this ~~ can anyone give a difinitive answer on the meaning of sanctification ... as taught in the bible!!

Ive seen this many times in the message boards!

Here's the usual scenario ~~ after the question is submitted mant believers come forth with there answers .... well i belive it means this -- still others contribute - i believe it means that ... and so on and so on it goes. With many sincere and well intentioned answers to the OP'S QUESTION.

ANYWAY WE GET TO THE END OF THE POST -- and the author of the post says THANKS but not one person has answered the question or satisfied me an adequate answer as to what Sanctification means.

Seen this excursion not a few times!

Atheists and mormons love a debate !

In fact whwn a Mormon knocks on the door of a house and finds to his surprise it is a "pentecostal" he rejoices greatly ... as it is common knowledge that mormons know that "most" pentecostals are not familiar with scripture

Now That is what mormons have said amongst themselves ... about the pentecostals.

Also i know of a one particular message board (this is first hand ) knowledge by S.O.F - where avowed satanist and atheists communed to one another saying to one another " come on lets' join and infiltrate many christian message boards and be in "disguise" ... as we know the bible in most instances - than many who profess to know it!!

They saw it as a challenge and an opportunity

Just tick the box when you join ... i believe, i have faith, i believe in the teaching of Christ and in most cases your in ...joined up!

2007/9/6 21:38Profile

Re:

So ?

[b]HE[/b] Reigns.

2007/9/6 22:12

Re:

It does nothing for us to enter a debate with anyone, unless you know full well that the LORD wants you to pursue the thing. This flesh of ours craves such things and for many it can be a lethal trap. We think we have all the answers thus we enter the discussion with that intent. We do not have any answers, we do not have any wisdom, knowledge or understanding that we can claim to be our own. All these wonderful attributes are given by the Spirit and for His operation, not for us to squander in a prideful display.

If we think we are somebody, then God can't use us in the full potential that He desires. Who are we trying to impress with what knowledge that has been given to us? The Atheist is not impressed with quotations from the Bible, he's heard them before. Unless we have a word that is fitly spoken, we are wasting our valuable pearls.

2007/9/6 22:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy