SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : People posing as Christians !!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

People posing as Christians !!

A relatively short post by my standards!!

But i guess we would be naieve if we did not suspect people find their way into message boards who are really clever debaters/ atheists/ agnostics/ and skeptics of all walks of life !!

Who goad and bait - in a manner like that of uncircumcised philistine goaded - all of Israel!!

With teasing questions they think Christians do not have - the answers to.

Recently i walked past a store which is selling a book - that is eating up book sales entitled " The God delusion"

There are many cynics and critics out there granted - and i know first hand that they cower, THEY masquerade, and hide behind message boards and that of CHRISTIAN MESSAGE BOARDS!!

JUDE WARNED OF IMPOSTERS WHO CREEP IN ~~ UNAWARES

AND TURN THE GRACE OF GOD -- INTO THAT OF LASCIVIOUSNESS

NO - IT should not surprise us that fakes, unbelievers and atheist ... would mask their way into such places brethren ... however spotting them does becomes easier in time - and with discernment !!

Thoughts anyone ??

We would be silly not to think they get into places such as these !!

2007/9/5 5:32Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: People posing as Christians !!

Not trying to GOAD anyone into answering are you?

God bless.

2007/9/5 6:14Profile

Re:

I have seen that on other Christian message boards, I worry more about people who truly believe themselves to be Christians here on SI but are just as lost as the athiest.

In Christ - Jim

2007/9/5 8:40
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Wow! Thanks for the warning! I've heard about athiests who frequent Christian forums as a hobby meant to "frustrate the faithful" or mock the faith. What type of answer will these people give to God on that great and terrible Day?

I also worry about those who pass eternal judgment upon those with whom they disagree on a matter or doctrine or belief! I've seen individuals dismiss other individuals as "heritics" for voicing their ideas that contradict another idea. I've personally received emails from "concerned" believers who worry about my status in eternity for embracing such possibilities like a "pre-trib rapture" or the use of a particular Bible version.

Wouldn't it be lovely if we could look past our petty doctrinal differences and, collectively, look toward the face of the One who created all things? Sometimes, I think that we should all spend a few hours in prayer together (without pretense). Maybe such an event would increase our love and respect for one another?

There are a lot of wonderful people here from all sort of backgrounds. I am glad that we can fellowship and share regardless of our doctrinal differences.

:-)

2007/9/5 12:25Profile

Re:

ccchhhrrriiisss... who said anything about doctrinal differences? Why did you write that?

In Christ - Jim

2007/9/5 12:35
reformer

Re:

Quote:
I also worry about those who pass eternal judgment upon those with whom they disagree on a matter or doctrine or belief! I've seen individuals dismiss other individuals as "heritics" for voicing their ideas that contradict another idea. I've personally received emails from "concerned" believers who worry about my status in eternity for embracing such possibilities like a "pre-trib rapture" or the use of a particular Bible version.

AMEN!! You are so right, we are not all going to agree,thank God for that! I to have been attacked because I may believe something different, that has no eternal synificance.

2007/9/5 13:01Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Bring em on!

2007/9/5 13:13Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Jim...

Quote:
ccchhhrrriiisss... who said anything about doctrinal differences? Why did you write that?

Thanks, Brother. I apologize if this came out wrong. I just meant to interject that there is a little "suspicion" already present amongst some of the brethren because of our doctrinal differences. Sometimes, we are willing to pass off on certain believers simply because of petty doctrinal differences. I apologize for not making this clear.

I once took part in a long debate with a sincere brother about Bible translation. He was a sincere and strong willed KJV-only advocate. However, he somehow "figured out" that I was a "Seventh Day Adventist" through some of my posts. He often emailed and PMed me concerning the "error of my ways." When I tried to explain that I was not a Seventh Day Adventist (nor had I EVER attended such a sect), he asked me to "prove it." It was frustrating, particularly when he called into question my motives in a public forum.

Anyway, I often see similar "suspicions" present within some of the conversations in the forums.

Someone once said to never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. I think that it would be better if we never passed such judgment until we have spent a few hours in prayer with him. I wonder how much of our perspective would change if we saw the sincere hunger that we each have for an intimate relationship with Christ? Perhaps our differences wouldn't seem quite so dire?

This is one of the reasons that I look forward to the Revival Conference! I am so eager to spend time with the wonderful brethren that have taught me, motivated me and corrected me on our journey through the wilderness of this world!

:-)

2007/9/5 14:00Profile

Re:

Every Message Board has what some could call an "atmosphere". That atmosphere is set by the ages of those on that particular Board - combined with their Spiritual Maturity.
I've participated on Christian Boards that were open to unsaved people and one in particular had a section just for them to argue their points of why they were atheists and the more mature seasoned Christians on Board, who would not take it personally, but would share God's Truth in love, were having a great deal of success with conversions.

The age of a Christian has no bearing on how they present themselves on Message Boards, but their Spiritual Maturity comes out first by, their "care for the brethren and their care for lost souls" --- their "death to self", as some term it - wherein, taking personal offense doesn't enter in to their replies and thinking of others 'over/above' themselves and over & above how 'they appear' - and their commitment to Love God and His creation and how they put His Love before all else in their replies, is what truly defines 'maturity'.
When topics get "hot" - someone bringing in a gentle laugh or a distracting word to all, may make 'peace' between brothers. Maturity is not in age. Maturity is in the depth of one's dying onto themselves/how they appear and living out Who He is.
If there were unbelievers on this or any other Board, our reactions to each other may either be the witness they need or that which turns them hostile and loses them.

Certain doctrinal or "other" disagreements should be expected and excepted - but other doctrinal postions that pose a threat to the salvation of others or demeans Christ's Position, would necessitate confrontation, but even then in love, by grieving for 'them' first.

I believe in providence and as such feel, despite the spiritual condition of whomever enters a group, they should be drawn to Christ and Truth by His Love and our good nature toward them and each other. Nasty replies should be ignored. That is the easiest way to handle those.
God may have sent an atheist here to save their souls or to give us a chance to prove the genuiness of our walk/talk, by our display of His love. Going into automatic defense for ourselves or a non-essential doctrine that does not affect Salvation, is not the sign of maturity. To attack another's "intents", except in the case of blatant heretical teaching, is always wrong.
If nothing else, here and in other fellowships, we find ourselves in His Boot-Camp of Love, where we all need to be trained, until we see Him.

Found this off the Homepage today:

Thinking Well by Tozer

The creative religious thinker is not a daydreamer, not an ivory tower intellectual carrying on his lofty cogitations remote from the rough world; he is more likely to be a troubled, burdened man weighed down by the woes of existence, occupied not with matters academic or theoretical but the practical and personal.
The great religious thinkers of the past were rarely men of leisure; mostly they were men of affairs, close to and very much a part of the troubled world.
Neither will the sanctified thinker of our times be a poet gazing at a sunset from some quiet secluded spot, but one who feels himself a traveler lost in a wilderness who must find his way to safety.

That others will later follow the path he makes will not be primary in his thinking.

Later he will understand this, but for the time being he will be all engaged hunting the way out for himself.
To think well and usefully a man must be endowed with certain indispensable qualifications. He must, for one thing, be completely honest and transparently sincere.

The trifler is automatically eliminated. He is weighed in the balance and found too light to be entrusted with the thoughts of God. Let but a breath of levity enter the mind and the power to do creative thinking instantly goes out. And by levity I do not mean wit or even humor; I do mean insincerity, sham, the absence of moral seriousness.
Great thoughts require a grave attitude toward life and mankind and God.[end quote]

Another good one posted this morning:

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19371&forum=34

2007/9/5 17:31
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Without making any suggestions, I think we can almost be certain that there are unsaved people among us. God always tests us by bringing allowing tares among the wheat. Do not pull out the tares before the time. This is a job for the angels. Some tares may turn into wheat and some wheat does not bear fruit.

Mat 13:24He put another parable before them, saying, (A) "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field, 25but while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds[a] among the wheat and went away. 26So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also. 27And the servants[b] of the master of the house came and said to him, 'Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have weeds?' 28He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' So the servants said to him, 'Then do you want us to go and gather them?' 29But he said,(B) 'No, lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers,(C) Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.'"

Let us make sure that all our discussions are fruitful and edifying. What benefit does may brother have from me if I win an theological debat e against him and elevated myself above him? You can defend biblical truth yet act in the spirit of the accuser. That is the deadly fruit of the tree of knowlegde of good and evil - especially if it is bible knowledge.

Perhaps God can use some of us to minister to those from the synagoge of Satan not by winning arguments but by winning their souls for Christ.

Rev 2 9I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

I've personally received emails from "concerned" believers who worry about my status in eternity for embracing such possibilities like a "pre-trib rapture" or the use of a particular Bible version.

May be the tribulation has already begun for you then...and it is post-trib! just joking :-P

narrowpath

2007/9/5 18:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy