Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Thee Old & New Life

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

Thee Old & New Life

Quote:
I have met a girl and we have become very close. She is 42 and never married and I am 39 and married briefly and then divorced when I was 19. I was not a christian at the time, or some would say that I was a carnal christian, however I am a christian now.

Okay, this isn't that complicated, I don't think. We don't need to be chasing our tails here. The key is that you weren't a Christian when you got married and divorced. Non-Christians don't live by Christians rules, let alone the Bible. Why would they? That's one of the things that makes them non-Christians.

Since I live here in SoCal, here's a little illustration. Would a Mexican citizen down in Mexico follow our American laws? Ummm, no! They got their own. But if that Mexican crossed the border and came into our country, well then, yes, they would then need to follow our laws.

I think it's the same as with when we weren't saved and then when we became saved. There's the old life that's dead, buried (or is supposed to be), and forgiven, and then there's our new life in Christ.

I know, you guys probably want some Scripture in here. How about when Jesus said to the adultress in John 8:11, "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more"? I think the same is true for you, Dave. I don't think God is holding something against you due to your divorce. That was back in your old BC (before Christ) days. I think He would also say to you to go and sin no more. So if this lady you want to marry is a Christian, you guys both love the Lord and want to please Him with your lives, and you are living according to God's Word, then I think you can get married.

2004/5/13 15:24Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Thee Old & New Life

Oops! I accidently started a new thread. This is in response to the whole debate going on in the "Marriage, Divorce, Remarriage" topic, for those of you who may be a little lost as to what this is all about.

Still figuring out how to use this thing.

2004/5/13 15:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy