SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the chief end of man?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

rowdy2 wrote:
Reply to hmmhmm

Hmmhmm wrote
“Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.”

Yes, the first commandment that we have from the beginning.

And the second commandment that we should love one another as we love ourselves.

Christians walk in The Light. If we say we walk in the light and do no love our brothers and sisters, we lie.

Eddie

Obviously then in our thinking, every Christian lies and that becomes a cop out for not needing to obey the commandment. "You are no better than me" I believe is how it goes, when desiring to remain in "self".

2007/9/3 10:13
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

If any off you reach a point beyond those commands,

tell me how you did it.... but i doubt its possible

2007/9/3 10:57Profile
heartablaze

Re:

Yes, those two commandments are what we should live our lives by, but I want to pose a question: are they ends solely unto themselves?
We love God because he loved us, but in doing that and in loving others, is it not also to worship and bring honor to him? Our religion is worth something if we honor him through our tongue and actions, through loving our brother. It all says in bold letters:[b]God, I want to give you glory!![/b] I think that we can't enjoy our Lord without following his commandments, neither could we give glory to him.
God wants a Father-child relationship with us, and we can have it [b]now[/b].
"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ." Galatians 3:26-27
But what are all of the ends of the "means" of the greatest commandments?

2007/9/3 12:02Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

Not only is the commandment given for Christians to love one another but the new commandment is that we are to love as Jesus loves and not as the world loves. Devine love is shed abroad by the Holy Spirit.
We have to become as a child wholly dependant upon the love of God to enter The Kingdom of God. When we can love as Jesus did then we are perfected in love.

2007/9/3 18:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy