SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does God see sermonindex.com and other christian forums as edifing to HIS CHURCH?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread









 Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Quote:
Does God see sermonindex.com and other christian forums as edifing to HIS CHURCH?


When I first started sermonindex many pastors I spoke to said that having a discussion forum would lower the potential of the audio sermons on the website for the one reason of pastors not coming to the website because of the content of the forums. I trusted God that He would maintain and control the forums to ensure they are edifying and a addition to the website not taking away from its edification.

5 years later we have seen people from all over the world from many varied backgrounds in christian tradition discussing and edifying one another in the spirit of love. This is truly from God. There is always some controversies and debates but I would like to say overall the forums have benefited many and continue to do so.

Some ways that would increase the impact and blessing of the forums would be:

1. for people to use more [b]scripture[/b] in their posts.

2. center more of the discussions around the audio and video materials on the website.

3. when posting be more prayerful.

4. instead of short quick thought responses, take your time and write more lengthy worth while posts.

5. be mindful that this website and forums are read by almost people in every country of the world now.




moe_mac
Thanks very much Greg for the tips. I agree with all points except one and partially with it. Giving a sermon address audio sermon on a topic, might work for others, but preferabally I had rather see the copied and pasted scripture and the comments from the postee. If someone really wants to drive a scriptual point home from God's Word, I had rather they make the post, with just that, God's Word and then point to a sermon if they want they wish and feel it would be helpful to further convey the point. Sermonindex has some great audio and video sermons available. I have listened to many of them. I'm sure there are others that I haven't heard yet I will enjoy as well. If I were to hear a sermon that I disagreed of on being scriptural, I would and think probably better served, not to name any sermon or the author that anyone was in disagreement with, only the points of disagreement through HIS WORD in one of my post.

 2007/9/3 19:29
reformer
Member



Joined: 2007/6/25
Posts: 764


 Re:

I personally believe that SI has been an encouragement for me in my christian walk. I meet a couple of good brothers on here, like Moe_Mac, Love you brother. The forums can be a danger, due to the excessive debating, somethings are worth debating and some are not at all. I think, even for myself I have many times encouraged a debate for the sake of a debate. I am somewhat a confrontational person anyways. But as i began to see in myself I was spending more times on forums than actually feeding myself with sermons.

Another success for SI, is the great preachers that are listed on SI, I believe that believers are tired of the some the stuff that is produced at our christian bookstores and what is being preached from the pulpit.

 2007/9/6 8:51Profile
Rahman
Member



Joined: 2004/3/24
Posts: 1374


 i Believe God Started SI ...



Jesus said in Matt.18:20 - "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them." ...

Personally i can only come to bat for SI (you bet i believe He approves and it's edifying to the Church), altho i believe the same rule would apply to any other Christian Forum ...

i can't see how in the world Holy Spirit could have ever made me aware of and taught me all that He's taught me in such a short amount of time had He not created, and then led me, to SI ...

i truly bless God for SI - in Jesus name - Amen! ... :-D

 2007/9/6 9:30Profile









 Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
When I first started sermonindex many pastors I spoke to said that having a discussion forum would lower the potential of the audio sermons on the website for the one reason of pastors not coming to the website because of the content of the forums. I trusted God that He would maintain and control the forums to ensure they are edifying and a addition to the website not taking away from its edification.

5 years later we have seen people from all over the world from many varied backgrounds in christian tradition discussing and edifying one another in the spirit of love. This is truly from God. There is always some controversies and debates but I would like to say overall the forums have benefited many and continue to do so.

Some ways that would increase the impact and blessing of the forums would be:

1. for people to use more [b]scripture[/b] in their posts.

2. center more of the discussions around the audio and video materials on the website.

3. when posting be more prayerful.

4. instead of short quick thought responses, take your time and write more lengthy worth while posts.

5. be mindful that this website and forums are read by almost people in every country of the world now.




[color=003399]moe_mac wrote: Thanks very much Greg for the tips. I agree with all points except one and partially with it. Giving a sermon address audio sermon on a topic, might work for others, but preferabally I had rather see the copied and pasted scripture and the comments from the postee. If someone really wants to drive a scriptual point home from God's Word, I had rather they make the post, with just that, God's Word and then point to a sermon if they want they wish and feel it would be helpful to further convey the point. Sermonindex has some great audio and video sermons available. I have listened to many of them. I'm sure there are others that I haven't heard yet I will enjoy as well. If I were to hear a sermon that I disagreed of on being scriptural, I would and think probably better served, not to name any sermon or the author that anyone was in disagreement with, only the points of disagreement through HIS WORD in one of my post.

edit: After some after-thought, I had to return and make one more comment on point # 5 in making posts on SI or anywhere else.

What we need to be most concerned about, is not what the people around the world thinks or reads of what we write, although we should, but the main one to be concerned about in what we write is the Lord God Almighty.[/color]

 2007/9/7 18:11





©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy