SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian TV

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Revolution

Edge of Sodom

Christian TV

From time to time I watch so-called "Christian television". It seems like every time I do, I regret it. Solomon said that "to the making of books there is no end". He also said that everything is vanity, and that the end of the matter was this - love God, keep His commandments. I see so much on "Christian" TV that has absolutely nothing to do with the Bible or Christian living. American Christians are so wrapped up in ungodly materialistic lifestyles that they can't even see that their flavor of Christianity is not Christianity. It is possible (according to Jesus) to worship God in vain. It is possible (according to Jesus) to draw nigh to God with your lips and yet be far from God in your heart. Christians, please wake up. Please get your focus right.

We seem to think that if we get enough details, everything will begin to work. The problem with that kind of thinking is that it doesn't work that way. Quit trying to become a theologian. Become a Christian. It's not how much you know that counts. It's how much you do with what you know. The more you know, yet don't do, the more responsible you become. The more guilty. To whom much is given, much is REQUIRED.

TV preachers try to make every peripheral detail of some Bible story or event mean some secret hidden key to victory. Just today, a well-known TV preacher was revealing to people the vital need to understand the importance of the studs on a Roman soldier's shield and how that relates to our position in spiritual warfare. And, we are told, this is important because a Roman soldier was guarding the apostle Paul, therefore Paul used the analogy of Roman armor when he described the armor of God that we as Christians are to put on. (I guess the Romans were a real godly bunch since God apparently designed His armor to look like theirs.) We are told that when we were saved we put on Christ. Christ IS the armor of God. The Name of the Lord is a strong tower and the righteous run into it. We are told to put on the whole armor of God. Learn about the benefits of salvation and appropriate them, learn the truth about being the righteousness of God in Christ and walk in it, learn about and walk in the benefits of the truth, etc.

Christians flock to the kind of teaching that I am describing here because they would rather study than deal with hurting people in the real world. They would rather be thought of as scripturally knowledgeable by other church people than to actually touch the world.
Most people can learn enough about true Christianity in a matter of months. But instead they continue learning but never coming to a knowledge of the truth. They keep studying so that they don't have to begin doing what they have learned. The problem is: when you keep learning without doing what you learn, you become a hearer and not a doer of the Word, and you begin to deceive yourself. (James 1:22) And your deception grows greater and greater until you eventually move so far away from Christianity that you don't even recognize real Christianity when it is shown you.

You build a house of cards built upon the foundation of a house of cards. We must have a revolution. A revolution of thought. A revolution of action!!
Article by Curry Blake :-D

2007/9/1 13:37Profile
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re: Christian TV

Check out the late Adrian Rogers on TBN and Church Channel on Sundays. You won't be disappointed. Also Intouch with Dr. Charles Stanley and Power Point with Dr. Jack Graham are in likewise manner very good indeed. Apart from them not much on these channels are worth spending time on.

Magnus ;-)

2007/9/1 14:16Profile
Revolution

Edge of Sodom

Re:

That is what I am talking about, why are we spending so much time on Christian TV And Secular TV. This is not what our heavenly Father wants His people to be spending their time on. How about helping people, Discipling people, Reading His Word, Meditating on the WORD OF GOD, having a relationship with Him walking and talking with Him again like in the Garden with ADAM and EVE?
We need to be spending Quality time with The Father , because of the time that we are living in, this is the END TIMES. Judgment is coming to the earth very soon.

2007/9/1 14:31Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

why do you need to watch that TV is a interesting question....also a very reveling one...

a quote i like

"How can we pull down satans strongholds when we dont even have the power to turn off the TV?"

I think it was Wilkerson who said it, or Ravenhill, i cant remember... but it is true.

Christian Tv can offer you an hour of "sanctified" entertainment, and maybe you will get something worth in eternity from that , but most likely you will be further away from Jesus when the shows over then when you started watching...and really...would anyone want to watch a TV when Christ returns?

I would like to be on my knees praying "thy kingdom come!"

2007/9/1 15:29Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re: Christian TV

If you regret watching christian television every time, why do you still continue to do it?
Just curious, loved the article! :-)

2007/9/1 23:01Profile
poet

Longview WA

Re:

In Ravenhill's sermon, what is your life?
He says you wont go to hell if you got one,
"a tv that is" or go to heaven if you don't have one. The important thing is what are you doing with your time?
Me,Im guilty alot of this one.
I can watch some tv, but study, study, study.
I can read the bible, study bible topics, and the like, but the hardest thing to do for so many of us is get down and pray. The one thing Christians need to be doing is pray.
were supposed to pull down strongholds, and it wont be by watching so called christian t.v.
or studying the bible, which is important especially if your going to watch christian t.v. you will need your discernment powers for that one.
were going to pull down strongholds by entering the veil, and getting God's attention.
The Lord goes to and fro searching for someone who will stand in the gap. Not bible knowledge, not busyness, not T.V. preaching, but the hardest thing for our flesh to do, thats to stop doing stuff and getting on our knees and praying, for as long as it takes to see results.
Im sorry I got from the t.v. part, but prayer is probably the reason were in the mess were in now as a nation...The Lack of prayer that is.

2007/9/2 0:57Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

POet,
I agree 100% prayer is the most important thing.. Such a blessing brother. It doesn't matter what it is. but how we use our time.. This is huge, More time in prayer...
Thank you again brother,,,
In his love
charlene

2007/9/2 1:30Profile
Revolution

Edge of Sodom

Re:

Sorry if I made the impression that I was still watching T.V. But I haven't watched any of it for 5 years and have No desire to do that. All I want to do is be in fellowship wit my LORD JESUS CHRIST. Also I am Praising an Praying, one is just important as the other.

2007/9/2 7:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
were supposed to pull down strongholds, and it wont be by watching so called christian t.v.

2007/9/2 12:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy