Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Confused and in need of prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Confused and in need of prayer

All day I have had such a heavy feeling about me. I have struggled with it all day and I feel completely confused tonight. How do you find the answer....when your not even sure what the question is??? All I want to do is live my life for you Lord, no more of selfish living, no more playing games, half hearted commitments, no more fear, no more holding on to the things of this world, no more seeking to please men, just you Jesus. There is such a battle raging with in me right now... I know this may sound completely incoherent but may I ask for prayer anyway because what I am unable to express in words Father knows my heart.

Thank you and God bless
MJ

2007/8/31 2:30Profile

Re: Confused and in need of prayer

Dear MaryJane,

In the face of you're feeling, it sounds like you're doing fine. Something (that heavy feeling) is oppressing you, probably because you're moving closer to a greater abandonment to God. I will be praying for you and one little piece of advice... that no matter how blank you ever feel inside, know that God is right with you. He does not withdraw, even if we cannot perceive Him near.

I believe that anyone who comes out of Catholicism has some battles which are associated purely with that background. The anger you feel is probably the anger of the opposition, so try to keep your heart separated unto God and believe in the work He has already established in your life... because it is more real than anything else from an eternal perspective.

You hold on there, and don't give up. God will rescue you.

2007/8/31 4:59
Nellie

Mary Jane,
One thing about God is He is with us in the Valley as well as the Mountain top.
I really believe He restores our soul in the Valley, for we see we cannot make it by ourselves, but we need His helping Hand to guide us.
We cannot find the way alone.
Praying He will bring you forth Victorious.
He loves you.
God Bless
Nellie

2007/8/31 8:51Profile

Re:

Hello Mary Jane,

I read this Psalm this morning and then read your post. So I'm passing it on for your encouragement.

Press on, sister!

~Joy

------------------

Psalm 42
1As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

2My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

3My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?

4When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

5Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

6O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.

7Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.

8Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.

9I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

10As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?

11Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

2007/8/31 9:43
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

MaryJane,

Just stay close to the LORD, do not do anything or make any serious decisions until you have this darkness behind you to where you can see clearly what God wants; always having in mind that you will not sin to get out of a bad situation, but always be in obedience to the Word.

This is not uncommon in a person's walk with the LORD.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/8/31 9:52Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

may you seek him through his word. may the Words speak to you. Our flesh is at war within us. But die to your ways. Die to the love of things.
I pack somethings up last night. Each I came to do I need this, or do I want it. Can I use and How, or could I give it somone else? maybe a year ago. Mw and friends went through everything we had to see if had anything dishonoring to God. But through it I saw all I had, was I willing to give any of these things away at anytime? My comupter I wasn't willing. And a few other. I prayed and awsk God if someday he would like me to give it someone who needed more then me, that I wouldn't send them away. But I don't think is alway a easy thing, I start to love all my things. God be with and grow in a deeper love. A deeper veiw on how all things are His.. I AM BLESSED to hear what God is doing...
In his love
charlene

2007/8/31 10:29Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

MJ, you don't sound confused to me at all.
Your heart knows what it desires and needs
Only Jesus, more of Jesus!! And God
knows your heart and only He can satisfy
those longings for Him!! ;-)

2007/8/31 10:52Profile

Quote:

MaryJane wrote:
All I want to do is live my life for you Lord, no more of selfish living, no more playing games, half hearted commitments, no more fear, no more holding on to the things of this world, no more seeking to please men, just you Jesus.
Thank you and God bless
MJ

moe wrote:
MaryJane what you said in a these words above is the heart we all have continually. What you said above is not confused but right on. Just remember He that began a good work in you is able to complete what He started. I will be praying that whatever that seems to be hindering your peacefulness, He will take away.

2007/8/31 16:45
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Sister, May God grow you deeper in depth of His love... Fall face down. may he pour in you..
Sweet I look forward the work Christ will do it in, Please keep us posted..

Much love
in Christ
charlene

2007/9/1 0:09Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I wanted to say thank you for your prayers and your replies. Father is showing me that there is still much in my heart that I must die to, if I truly desire to follow Him. I know some of what I have been struggle with is my own sinful rebellious nature that wants to have its own way. I know in my heart that Father is bringing me to a place where I need to make a choice of following Him no matter what the cost to self and I have resisted that. I have made excuses and I have tried to side step but I will not do that any longer. In my heart I love the Lord Jesus more then anything and I can no longer profess to love Him and continue to live in my wicked sinful flesh. I wanted to thank Greg also for the wonderful post he had put up recently from Thomas Watson. The one he posted on Friday really spoke to my heart and seemed so timely, the thread titled One sin lived in. Thank you all again so much, I feel very blessed by each of you.

God bless
MJ

2007/9/3 16:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy