SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why is this a true statement, though not literally found in the Bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread

Re: Why is this a true statement, though not literally found in the Bible?

Hello HE_Reigns,

I appreciated this

Quote:
Dorcas, you were right above. Ormly is not looking at the italicized words in Luk 3:38 "Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God."

In all four cases where it says "the son" in this one verse alone - they are italicized, which means, it is not in the Greek.

but not until you mentioned it, did I notice that 'son of Joseph' is not italicised. Also, that the progression is leading to Joseph rather than Jesus sort of came to me as I was writing.

I don't agree with the thread title, that the statement in the leading post is true, and I appreciated, also, your longer exposition.

2007/9/4 19:48

Re:

Lord Bless you Dorcas. I am sure you have been touched at the heart also and are praying with Christ's mercy. This has affected me also and I noticed it when I saw an article on another site written by an anonymous.
This signature to writings does not mean the same to me now. We must grieve with those who grieve and I feel, though the decision was Scriptural, I'm sure the decision makers are grieving also. I've seen some of the biggest strongest men I've known, weep at disfellowships.
Thank you for your concerns.

2007/9/4 21:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy