SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why is this a true statement, though not literally found in the Bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Why is this a true statement, though not literally found in the Bible?

God wants a vast family of Son's who will be just like Him but of flesh and bone and the program of producing them can only be by pro-creation.

2007/8/30 11:01

Re: Why is this a true statement, though not literally found in the Bible?

Quote:
God wants a vast family of Son's who will be just like Him but of flesh and bone and the program of producing them can only be by pro-creation.

We do not become Son's of God by procreation. To suggest such a thing would be to suggest those Born Again are already procreating through our offspring, baby gods or baby son's of god but with flesh and bone.

The scriptures say

WE don know yet what we will be, but we know we will be like Him, for we will see him as He is.

With that, we will not be Just like Him...BUT.
There are no BUTS.

We are being changes NOW from Glory to Glory, even by the Spirit of the Lord.

WE are going to be GLORIFIED together with Christ.

The BUT you re suggesting would be something altogether different.

So your statement *Why is this a true statement, though not literally found in scripture* suggests you have imagined something not literally in scripture, and the presupposition that it is true.

Ormly. It's NOT TRUE! Never was, and Never will be according to the Holy Scriptures..no suppliments added or other bibles not being the Inspired Word of God.

Love in Christ
Katy-did

2007/8/30 11:34
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Why is this a true statement, though not literally found in the Bible?

what do you mean by pro-creation? Thanks.

2007/8/30 11:40Profile

Re:

This statement isn't for you Katy because you said you posted your last comment a long while back. Please don't reply anymore.

This is a true statement:
[b]Jesus came by the act of pro-creation[/b]. That is what "begotten" means. It was the only way He could come on the scene for redeeming mankind.

2007/8/30 11:40

Re:

Quote:

MSeaman wrote:
what do you mean by pro-creation? Thanks.

sexual intercourse

2007/8/30 11:42
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

well I know what procreation is, I just didn't know what pro-creation was...Thanks for the clarification. it seems to me that Catholics and Muslims are made by procreation, but sons of God have to make an individual decision to follow Christ. Just because I follow Christ, and train my children, doesn't mean they will choose to follow Him too. (God forbid!) But I could be mistaken.

2007/8/30 11:48Profile

Re:

[b]John 1:12[/b] [i]But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.[/i]

I think it needs to be said we are not the sons of God until we are born again. Is there any place in the Bible that refers to anyone as being a child of God, or son of God, without them first walking in a relationship with God?

Krispy

2007/8/30 11:52

Re:

Quote:

MSeaman wrote:
well I know what procreation is, I just didn't know what pro-creation was...Thanks for the clarification. it seems to me that Catholics and Muslims are made by procreation, but sons of God have to make an individual decision to follow Christ.

But they can't make that decision before being born ... at least once, can they?

2007/8/30 11:54

Re:

Quote:
think it needs to be said we are not the sons of God until we are born again. Is there any place in the Bible that refers to anyone as being a child of God, or son of God, without them first walking in a relationship with God

Krispy, absolutely true.

Here are more scripture to prove it is not by procreating, but receiving the Gift of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, buried with Him in Baptism unto death and raised up a New Creation.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:19
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Galatians 4:6
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Philippians 2:15
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

We can ONLY become the sons of God, by receiving Jesus Christ, through repentance and receive the Holy Spirit that will quicken you together with Christ.

There are no other Sons of God.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/8/30 12:03
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
But they make that decision before being born ... at least once, can they?

can you put that in "for dummies" terms?

2007/8/30 12:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy