Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The Coming Revival -bright

[b]The Coming Revival[/b]
[i]by Bill Bright[/i]

Revival is a sovereign work of God–in answer to sincere, prevailing prayer–in which He:

• Grips His people with deep conviction, repentance, forgiveness, and deliverance from personal sin
• Fills His people with the Holy Spirit and manifests in them the fruit and grace of the Holy Spirit
• Causes non-Christians to earnestly seek Him
• Ignites in His people, young and old, a passion to bring the lost to Christ at home and around the world

Charles Finnely, revered as the father of modern revival, called revival a "renewed conviction of sin and repentance, followed by an intense desire to live in obedience to God. It is giving up one's will to God in deep humility." (1) Who is responsible for revival? God or man? Do you work a revival up or do you pray a revival down? What are the conditions for revival? These are legitimate questions that Christian theologians and laymen frequently ask.

The great and holy, righteous, and loving Creator God is sovereign. He rules in the affairs of men and nations. Everything in creation is under His control He has chosen, however, to give to His children the privilege of working together with Him to take the "Good News" of His love and forgiveness to Christ to the world. In like manner, He has entrusted to man a virtually important role in preparing the way for revival. Whatever God tells you to do, He will give you the power and ability to do. the apostle Paul said, "It is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose" (Philippines 2:13). God has given to me and to multitudes of others a desire to fast and pray, and to work for a spiritual awakening for our country and for the fulfillment of the Great Commission throughout the world.

During World War II, we were fighting the Japanese man-to-man from island to island with great casualties. with a kamikaze spirit the enemy fought fiercely, willing to die for their emperor whom they believed to be god. American forces knew that when they invaded Japan, millions of people would die, and the outcome of the war could still be in question. Suddenly, President Truman dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The Japanese surrendered and the war ended immediately.

In the providence of God, I believe the power of fasting as it relates to prayer is the spiritual atomic bomb of our moment in history to bring down the strongholds of evil, bring a great revival and spiritual awakening to America, and accelerate the fulfillment of the Great Commission. On the basis of His Holy Word and divine assurances He has placed in my heart, I am absolutely convinced that our Sovereign God is going to send a great revival to our nation and world so that the Great Commission will be fulfilled.

God's Word admonishes us to "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness" (Matthew 6:33, NKJ). Jesus said, "Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Me" (Mark 8:34, NKJ). In Mark 10:29, 30 He promises great rewards to everyone who forsakes all to follow, trust, and obey Him.

I urge you with every conviction within me–yes, with tears of compassion and commitment–to plan and prepare for revival. I trust that these insights will be mightily used of God to help you in your preparation.

2007/8/29 19:11Profile
Compton

Re: The Coming Revival -bright

These are comforting words.

Quote:
The Coming Revival

And this...
Quote:
In the providence of God, I believe the power of fasting as it relates to prayer is the spiritual atomic bomb of our moment in history to bring down the strongholds of evil, bring a great revival and spiritual awakening to America, and accelerate the fulfillment of the Great Commission.

But this is the most striking.
Quote:
...plan and prepare for revival

It seems the vast majority of Christians are satisfied with their portion.

Still, there are many who ache for a desperately needed revival in their hearts. These are the enthusiasts.

Yet, how many of even those are planning and preparing for revival? These are the leaders.

Send capable leaders and servants Lord. We have used worldy measurements to select our own leaders. In our self-interest, we have been willing to allow corruption and pride inexchange for successs, giving preference to ambition over humility. Our leaders are corrupt because we, on average, are resistant to righteous men. We then abandoned these men who are reflections of our own characters, denyng the role our own corruption played in their elevation, hiding behind fault-finding and toungue clucking. Indeed, we complain of offense and injury...but we have also injured. These men are responsible for their immaturity and false character...but we decived them by overlooking, even rewarding their poor characters. We know clever and talented men make us popular and successful and wealthy. For this end, we suppress the truth. They are our poor spoiled children. We raised them up for failure in Godly work by praising them according to worldy standards, and not testing them according to Godly standards.

Forgive our own two-facedness and falseness of character. Help us to be humbly self-inspecting, responsibly discreet, and spirit-led with our support not only for Church leadership, but also in business and politics. Have mercy on our weaknesses, forgive us for always running to wealth and approval while paying lip service to righteousness and character. Build us into men of God. In the very least, grace us the integrity to finally, at last, accept your servants.

MC

2007/8/29 23:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy