SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "Do you sin?"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
HopePurifies
Member



Joined: 2007/4/12
Posts: 181
Georgia, USA

 Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Hope... I didnt misread his post. And if you think I am promoting anything but holiness, I'm not.

But we do not lose our salvation if we commit a sin. Someone does not live a life walking closely with God, cuss when the heart attack hits them... then, because they didnt have a chance to ask God to forgive them, end up in hell.

Krispy



He meant salvation from sin. If you sin, you lost salvation from sin. Because you sinned. Very simple.
As far as justification (heaven or hell), like I said, fire away.


_________________
Melanie

 2007/8/29 16:49Profile
Nile
Member



Joined: 2007/3/28
Posts: 403
Raleigh, NC

 Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
But we do not lose our salvation if we commit a sin. Someone does not live a life walking closely with God, cuss when the heart attack hits them... then, because they didnt have a chance to ask God to forgive them, end up in hell.



There is a far cry difference between what you and I consider to be a Christian.

James 1:26
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

It is impossible for someone to walk closely with God and "cuss when the heart attack hits them".


_________________
Matthew Miskiewicz

 2007/8/29 16:57Profile
Nile
Member



Joined: 2007/3/28
Posts: 403
Raleigh, NC

 Re:

Quote:
You are forgetting that one does not loose his relationship with Christ because of one sin, because it is the relationship that one has with Christ that saves him.


Adam lost his relationship with God "because of one sin".

Our relationship with Christ is based on faith. If we sin, it shows that we have no faith, thus no relationship.

Quote:
It is relationship with Christ that justifies you.
One can not loose a relationship with Christ even while in the midst of a sin, His blood is still on you.


[i]Hebrews 10:26-27
For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.[/i]

This isn't rocket science: if we willfully sin, the blood no longer covers us.

Quote:
It is only when one down right forsakes Christ with impunity and does not care about it, that is when one looses the relationship with Christ.



[i]Matthew 7:21-23
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Proverbs 19:16
He who keeps the commandment keeps his soul,
But he who is [b]careless[/b] of his ways will die.[/i]


_________________
Matthew Miskiewicz

 2007/8/29 17:02Profile
TonyS
Member



Joined: 2005/1/29
Posts: 154
Kansas City, Missouri

 Re:

[i]“For in that He died, He died unto sin once: But in that He Lives, He lives unto God”[/i]
Rom 6:10

Christ’s death not only paid the penalty of human sin, but it was used of God to break the power of the indwelling sin in the believer’s life.

As in the hymn, ‘Rock of Ages’ “be of sin the double cure, saved from wrath and make me pure”

A double cure for there was a double problem in essence; first was man’s lost condition, and secondly the necessity for the believer to walk pure before God. Christ on the Cross-defeated sin once for all. Paul uses the term Cross to explain the entire redemption process, the Cross, the Resurrection, the Ascension, and the Exaltation of our Lord.

“ONCE” - what was accomplished at Calvary was so complete, total and absolute it will never be repeated. When a believer is unclear what is meant by “it is finished”, and until the believer understands the Cross as it relates to sanctification yes the “works” road as I have stated is a hard one to travel.

The narrow way a difficult one? Yes of course, as we are not in our glorified state. Yet made more difficult unnecessarily by us when we try to add to what is already finished.


_________________
Tony Sexton

 2007/8/29 17:10Profile
LoveHim
Member



Joined: 2007/6/14
Posts: 562
Indiana, US

 Re:

Quote:
Our relationship with Christ is based on faith. If we sin, it shows that we have no faith, thus no relationship.

brother, what about 1 john 2 that says if we sin we have an advocate with the Father?? i am not saying that we should sin, but if we do sin....
Quote:
Hebrews 10:26-27
For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

This isn't rocket science: if we willfully sin, the blood no longer covers us.

please look at this verse in context of the whole letter of hebrews. what was happening that the author wrote this letter?? christians (or many professed believers of Christ) were being tempted to go back to judaism and deny that Christ was really Lord and Savior. they were being tempted to forsake THE WAY and go back to the law. why do you think that this verse comes right after the exhortation to continue to meet with the brethren and not forsake meeting together??
Quote:
Matthew 7:21-23
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

brother nile, these are false teachers (wolves in sheep's clothing) who never knew God and God never knew them. the verse tells us that much. look at the 7th chapter of matthew and you'll see that Jesus contrast true believers and false believers in a couple different circumstances..
Quote:
Proverbs 19:16
He who keeps the commandment keeps his soul,
But he who is careless of his ways will die.

who is careless?? the unbeliever. anyone who professes Christ and is careless about his life should really examine whether he was in the faith. a truly born again believer will struggle with the flesh (as paul describes in romans 7 and galatians 5). sometimes they will give into sin and they will confess their sin and repent. that does not constitute loosing their salavation every time they sin. if that is the case, then brother many of us on this site have lost our salvation hundreds of times. please reflect on what i am writing to you. i am not trying to explain away sinning, for we shouldn't. just that sometimes we do. love ya man.





 2007/8/29 17:41Profile
Nile
Member



Joined: 2007/3/28
Posts: 403
Raleigh, NC

 Re:

Quote:
brother, what about 1 john 2 that says if we sin we have an advocate with the Father?? i am not saying that we should sin, but if we do sin....



Yes good point. That is a great verse! There is yet hope for even the worst of sinners.
I may have spoken wrongly when I said we have no relationship with Him if we sin. I'm not sure what the right wording is, but I think the idea is the same.

Quote:
please look at this verse in context of the whole letter of hebrews. what was happening that the author wrote this letter?? christians (or many professed believers of Christ) were being tempted to go back to judaism and deny that Christ was really Lord and Savior. they were being tempted to forsake THE WAY and go back to the law. why do you think that this verse comes right after the exhortation to continue to meet with the brethren and not forsake meeting together??



Yes, I do need to look at the context for that one, I know it the least. I have read the context before, of course, and I'm not sure I misapplied it, but I will look into it. Thanks for the reproof.


Quote:
brother nile, these are false teachers (wolves in sheep's clothing) who never knew God and God never knew them. the verse tells us that much. look at the 7th chapter of matthew and you'll see that Jesus contrast true believers and false believers in a couple different circumstances..



Right, I agree.

I posted those last two scriptures trying to show that it is possible to not be saved even if you don't "down right forsake Christ". That is, even men who "name the name of Jesus" will be cast into Hell. Because, of course, their naming is in vain and without works to prove it real (as James talks about). Also, men may claim to follow Christ, but become careless and doom themselves in their careless sin.

Quote:
sometimes they will give into sin and they will confess their sin and repent. that does not constitute loosing their salavation every time they sin. if that is the case, then brother many of us on this site have lost our salvation hundreds of times.



Right. I would say, yes, many, including myself have lost their salvation many of times (although I'm sure how many for myself, seeing as I haven't had salvation that long)...if one continues to waver between God and sin, it is a sign of a severe lack of maturity in Christ.


_________________
Matthew Miskiewicz

 2007/8/29 18:03Profile
cmis
Member



Joined: 2006/12/21
Posts: 6


 Re:

The tithe yes it is 10% of everydollar. Do I sin, yes I sin this is my sin.

I am a murderer,
But I tithe
I am a fornicator
But I tithe
I am a deceiver
But I tithe
I am a liar
But I tithe

The Lord knows the way that you take, and when he has tested you, you shall come out as gold, as pure Gold.

Where Sin abounds Grace does much more abound. Has his word changed, no it has not. We fail but he remains faithful, all things shall pass away but his Word shall never pass away.

You can pay your tithes and still end up in hell, obedience is better than sacrifice.
Tithes does not save you, a reformed and regenerated heart does.

It’s too late the request was made and the answer was given.

Did I post this on the right thread?

Hallelujah, thank you Jesus for all of your glory and all of your praise, makes me want to say, thank you Jesus :-(

 2007/8/29 18:07Profile









 Re:

As a man thinks so is he.
Where your treasure is there your heart is also.
edit:Does a unregenerated heart holds on to the world and everything in it? I don't think so
Eph 3:20
according to the faith that is in us.
By their fruits you shall now them.
Love not the world nor the things of the world.
A man cannot serve two masters both God and money.
The love of money is the root of all evil.
What do we hold on to? What we love.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am educated way past my obedience. I am a human man saved by God's grace. When I look at His holiness I can see enough rotteness in myself, at the best I can do, even though I tithe.

 2007/8/29 18:46









 Re:

someone said:
Tithes does not save you, a reformed and regenerated heart does.


moe_mac wrote:
And what things pours out of that reformed and regenerated heart?

Looks like a good title for a new thread doesn't it?

 2007/8/29 20:09
Logic
Member



Joined: 2005/7/17
Posts: 1791


 Re:

Quote:
Nile wrote:
Quote:
You are forgetting that one does not loose his relationship with Christ because of one sin, because it is the relationship that one has with Christ that saves him.

Adam lost his relationship with God "because of one sin".

Just because you are fighting or arguing with your wife, does not mean that you lost your mariage atr that moment.
Adam did not loose his relationship with God in the garden, otherwise he wouldn't have hid from God, he would have just stuck his nose up at HIM at say, "who cares what you say or think"

Furthermore, God still sought for Adam, proves that the relationship was not lost.

Quote:
Nile wrote:
Our relationship with Christ is based on faith.

Our relationship with Christ is based in/on what He did on His cross and His reserection, [b]1Corinth 15:17[/b] [color=990000]And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; you are yet in your sins.[/color]

Quote:
Nile wrote:
If we sin, it shows that we have no faith, thus no relationship.


If when we sin it shows that we are not yet perfected. If we have no works shows that we have no faith, thus no relationship.

Quote:
Nile wrote:
Hebrews 10:26-27 For at our sinning voluntarily after obtaining the recognition of the truth, it is no longer leaving a sacrifice concerned with sins,
:27 but a certain fearful waiting for judging and fiery jealousy, about to be eating the hostile.

Notice the "[b]sinning[/b]"
is voluntary prestent active plure.

Christians who still have a relationship with Christ do not keep sinning voluntarily with many sinns.
This isn't rocket science: The verse is talking about living a life of sin.

Quote:
Nile wrote:
Matthew 7:21-23 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

This is talking about those whgo do not seek His guidance in their afairs in this life.
Notice that HE [b]never[/b] knew them.

 2007/8/29 22:23Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy