SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "Do you sin?"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Nile

Raleigh, NC

"Do you sin?"

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Do you sin, Nile?

Krispy

The short answer: [b]NO!!![/b]

I'll answer possible refinements of the question for clarity.

1. Are you sinning right now?
No. =)

2. Do you plan on sinning again?
No.

3. Do you anticipate sinning again?
No.

4. Is there any commandment of God that you know you do not keep?
No.

5. Do you sin every day?
No.

6. Is your conscience perfectly pure?
Yes.

7. Have you repented of all known sin and conformed your life to the revelation give to you?
Yes.

8. Have you sinned in the past?
Yes.

9. Have you sinned in the past month?
Yes I have unfortunately. This is not a light matter. Within the past month I have rebelled against God and fallen from Grace. I have since repented and turned back to God. There are many causes for fall like this...my faith is new, I am immature, I lack wisdom, I am surrounded by ungodliness, and I am still learning the fundamentals of God. Once my sure foundation is laid, the likelihood of falling away is much much less. (Remember that Peter had flat out denied Christ shortly before preaching the sermon on Pentecost.)

10. Do you love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself, thus fulfilling the law and committing no sin?
Yes.

How would you (being anyone) answer these questions?

Nile

[edit: I reworded the tenth question]

2007/8/29 10:00Profile

Re: "Do you sin?"

Glad everything is going so great for you. How's your pride?

Krispy

2007/8/29 10:04
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re: "Do you sin?"

Hmm. I asked myself these questions and realized what a terrible terrible trouble I'm in. I thought I'd share that with you.

First- I answered 1,2, and 3 with No's. I thought this because I didn't think I was doing anything sinful really. However then I got to question 4. And then everything fell to pieces for me. Because I do not love God with all my heart. I didn't pray this morning and I haven't received the grace to love God despite the counsel I've received from other Christians. Therefore in actuality the answers for 1,2,3 were incorrect!
So 5 is true for me... of late. 6. No. Which means I have no power before God. 7. YES (as of now). 8. Yes. 9. Yes, and it is inexcusable. I am also a young Christian with a weak foundation (great sermons about that on this site though!). 10. No.

So. These questions have shed a great deal of life on me, showing me that I have been not living a grace-filled, Spirit-filled life. I am going to repent, and pray. If this thread is still active, I will update you in a week or two, hopefully with victory.
If we confess our sins He will cleanse us our sins. :-)
I really hope that instead of justifying yourself you would really let these questions sink in, and recall the scriptures for those times when your answers aren't what they should be... In Jesus is everything pertaining to life and godliness.

2007/8/29 11:07Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

At first, I was going to ignore this, I don't doubt some have.

But, maybe regrettably, I changed my mind.

Krispy, that was unnecessary.

Pride is a struggle we all have, whether we realise it or not.

As it is, I don't know of anyone who has 'arrived, whatever that might be.

Maybe it is a place of total humility.

So, sadly, we just continue to be us, until the light goes on inside and we see what God wants us to be, we stop fighting it, and surrender.

God bless.

2007/8/29 11:08Profile

Re:

Quote:
Krispy, that was unnecessary.

How was that unneccessary? You're assuming I was implying something that I wasnt.

Pride is the root of everything sinful. If we've conquered sin, then we've conquered our pride. But some have pride in their sinlessness... which is sin after all.

So it's a legitimate question.

Krispy

2007/8/29 11:16
Logic

Re:

Quote:
[size=xx-small]Do Yo Sin?[/size]

Yes, however, I am not accountable for my sins(you, the christian are not eather) because they are covered.

2007/8/29 11:54Profile

Re:

Quote:
Yes, however, I am not accountable for my sins(you, the christian are not eather) because they are covered.

That is heresy if left unclarified...

Paul warned the Corinthian Church

Quote:
1 Corinthians 6:9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Paul warned the Galatian Church

Quote:
Galatians 6:7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up

Paul warned the Church is Ephesus

Quote:
Ephesians 5:3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. 4Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.[a] 6Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7Therefore do not be partners with them.

John warned his readers

Quote:
1 John 3:7Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. 9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

and of course Jesus warned

Quote:
Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Now, it is quite a dangerous thing to say that "all of our sins are covered".. although that can be a true statement.

In Christ - Jim

2007/8/29 12:05

Re:

I agree with Jim (I hear the Twilight Zone theme song playing! lol)

Yes, we are covered, but we must never use that covering as a license to sin. I know what Logic meant, but it does need some clarification.

Krispy

2007/8/29 12:27
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Pride is the root of everything sinful. If we've conquered sin, then we've conquered our pride. But some have pride in their sinlessness... which is sin after all.

Pride is put to death just like the other sins. I take no pride in this. I didn't set myself free =)

1 John 2:15-17
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

2007/8/29 12:39Profile

Re:

So you've conquered pride in your life? You no longer struggle with pride?

Thats a serious question. I'm not trying to bait you or anything. I am trying to understand your thinking.

Krispy

2007/8/29 13:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy