SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : We must pray for election day.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Santana

We must pray for election day.

I just realized the election is only a couple of months away for a new president. America will def. change.

Should we vote? Who should we vote for if were not keeping track? Any advice?

2007/8/28 14:33Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: We must pray for election day - 9/11

Hi Santana...

The US presidential election is actually in November 2008.

As far as voting, we should remember that a "vote" is simply a "voice." As a newlywed husband, I am going to vote for the candidate who I feel best reflects my beliefs.

Currently, I have NO IDEA which one that will be! However, I know that I cannot personally support certain some candidates because of spiritual and moral issues (such as abortion, religious liberty, and special rights for homosexuals).

I will certainly be praying about such a decision until next November!

:-)

2007/8/28 15:01Profile

Re:

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Hi Santana...

The US presidential election is actually in November 2008.

As far as voting, we should remember that a "vote" is simply a "voice." As a newlywed husband, I am going to vote for the candidate who I feel best reflects my beliefs.

Currently, I have NO IDEA which one that will be! However, I know that I cannot personally support certain some candidates because of spiritual and moral issues (such as abortion, religious liberty, and special rights for homosexuals).

I will certainly be praying about such a decision until next November!
:-)

[color=0000FF]moe_mac agreeding with ccchhhrrriiisss. Amen brother
I too have the same convictions as yours and I will be praying also that God will provide a candidate with God things in mind a heart to lead with the attitude he is not for sale and also I will be able to discern whom that candidate may be.[/color]

2007/8/28 15:13
Santana

Re:

Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking. I got confused with something else but thanks.

I'm not really into politics but I would like to vote. Just a little confused on who and why. =)

2007/8/28 16:21Profile

Re: We must pray for election day.

Santana asked

Quote:
Should we vote? Who should we vote for if were not keeping track? Any advice?

Ron Paul.

He's the only Congressman who is frugal with his budget and gives back what he doesn't use to the American people.

He is a true republican conservative (leaning toward libertarian) who believes in small government, seperation of church and state and a return to the gold-standard, a gold-backed currency - rather than the current debt-based fiat currency that can be printed at a whim, causes inflation, and debases the savings of the honest worker.

Economically, he is a protectionist (he believes American goods should be produced only in America and American jobs should stay in America).

Compare "protectionist" to the "globalists" (corporate shills) who want to erode all national borders so they can trade freely (extort the peoples of the world).

Militarily, he is a non-interventionist (he believes America isn't the world's policeman) and, if he's voted in, he'll recall the troops from Iraq and Afghanistan.

He believes the wars and the exponential growth in government agencies and services have buried the U.S. in trillions in debt (U.S. Government debt was 4 trillion in 2000 and 9 trillion now) and that future Americans will be buried in taxes to pay this off.

A return to a gold-based currency will halt debt and inflation because gold is mined, not printed.

Recalling the troops will save American lives, money and reputation - and keep America from completely burying herself in even more debt.

Returning to a product-based economy (instead of a service-based ecnomony dependant on China, etc for products) will keep jobs in America and reverse the debt-trend of the service econonmy.

Oh, and he's a Christian.

I'm a Canadian who loves Americans and their Constitution. I strongly believe Ron Paul is the last political hope for the United States of America.

2007/8/28 18:00
rookie

Re:

Aren't we tired of hoping for public elections to secure our future? Aren't we tired of seeing debased morally dead leaders come forth each month lieing and stealing from those they lead?
Aren't we tired of the constant perversion?

God has given us children as leaders. It is no different now than in Isaiah's time...

Isa 3:1 FOR behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts,

Takes away from Jerusalem and from Judah
The stock and the store,
The whole supply of bread and the whole supply of water;
Isa 3:2 The mighty man and the man of war,
The judge and the prophet,
And the diviner and the elder;
Isa 3:3 The captain of fifty and the honorable man,
The counselor and the skillful artisan,
And the expert enchanter.

Isa 3:4 "I will give children to be their princes,
And babes shall rule over them.
Isa 3:5 The people will be oppressed,
Every one by another and every one by his neighbor;
The child will be insolent toward the elder,
And the base toward the honorable."

Isa 3:6 When a man takes hold of his brother
In the house of his father, saying,
"You have clothing;
You be our ruler,
And let these ruins be under your power,"[fn1]
Isa 3:7 In that day he will protest, saying,
"I cannot cure your ills,
For in my house is neither food nor clothing;
Do not make me a ruler of the people."

Isa 3:8 For Jerusalem stumbled,
And Judah is fallen,
Because their tongue and their doings
Are against the LORD,
To provoke the eyes of His glory.
Isa 3:9 The look on their countenance witnesses against them,
And they declare their sin as Sodom;
They do not hide it.
Woe to their soul!
For they have brought evil upon themselves.

Isa 3:10 "Say to the righteous that it shall be well with them,
For they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
Isa 3:11 Woe to the wicked! It shall be ill with him,
For the reward of his hands shall be given him.
Isa 3:12 As for My people, children are their oppressors,
And women rule over them.
O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err,
And destroy the way of your paths."

Is there any doubt to the last verse here..."O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err, and destroy the way of your paths."

In Christ
Jeff

2007/8/28 22:54Profile

Re:

Quote:

rookie wrote:
Aren't we tired of hoping for public elections to secure our future? Aren't we tired of seeing debased morally dead leaders come forth each month lieing and stealing from those they lead?
Aren't we tired of the constant perversion?

God has given us children as leaders. It is no different now than in Isaiah's time...

Isa 3:1 FOR behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts,

Takes away from Jerusalem and from Judah
The stock and the store,
The whole supply of bread and the whole supply of water;
Isa 3:2 The mighty man and the man of war,
The judge and the prophet,
And the diviner and the elder;
Isa 3:3 The captain of fifty and the honorable man,
The counselor and the skillful artisan,
And the expert enchanter.

Isa 3:4 "I will give children to be their princes,
And babes shall rule over them.
Isa 3:5 The people will be oppressed,
Every one by another and every one by his neighbor;
The child will be insolent toward the elder,
And the base toward the honorable."

Isa 3:6 When a man takes hold of his brother
In the house of his father, saying,
"You have clothing;
You be our ruler,
And let these ruins be under your power,"[fn1]
Isa 3:7 In that day he will protest, saying,
"I cannot cure your ills,
For in my house is neither food nor clothing;
Do not make me a ruler of the people."

Isa 3:8 For Jerusalem stumbled,
And Judah is fallen,
Because their tongue and their doings
Are against the LORD,
To provoke the eyes of His glory.
Isa 3:9 The look on their countenance witnesses against them,
And they declare their sin as Sodom;
They do not hide it.
Woe to their soul!
For they have brought evil upon themselves.

Isa 3:10 "Say to the righteous that it shall be well with them,
For they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
Isa 3:11 Woe to the wicked! It shall be ill with him,
For the reward of his hands shall be given him.
Isa 3:12 As for My people, children are their oppressors,
And women rule over them.
O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err,
And destroy the way of your paths."

Is there any doubt to the last verse here..."O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err, and destroy the way of your paths."

In Christ
Jeff

moe:BREAKING NEWS!!!!!
Eternity is already started. When we were saved did we not get eternal life or not? Where will everyone spend eternity, that is the question!! When JESUS comes back for us, it will be so glorious and we can't even imagine HOW MUCH. Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither has it entered into the heart of man what God has in store for those that love HIM, but He has revealed it to them by His Spirit.

But until then let's worship HIM in Spirit and Truth, serve HIM, HIS CHURCH, and promote Godliness on earth now, one way we can attempt to do that is selecting Godly leaders to govern the affairs of men. If He didn't want us to be salt and light to a lost and dying world, he would have took us on to heaven when he saved us. He gave us His Word as lamp unto our feet and a light unto our pathway. Will we ever need His Word anymore than the present to guide us? Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Whose gonna be King then? So let's promote a leader, who has a King named Jesus, and has the Holy Spirit living inside of them to lead us. How does one ever arrive at the statement of, it don't matter who leads or if they honor King Jesus?

2007/8/31 17:41

Re:

This is my prayer for election day, Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

2007/8/31 19:36
pastorfrin

Re:

Compliments wrote:

Quote:
This is my prayer for election day, Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Amen, and this should be our prayer every day of our life.
Matthew 6:9-13
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. [10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. [11] Give us this day our daily bread. [12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. [13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

"For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen"

1 Cor. 15:24
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

1 Cor. 15:28
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

2007/8/31 21:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy