SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Re: sabbath

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
thomasm

Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada

Re: sabbath

In order to understand what Jesus was saying we have to read all of Jn 14 and 15. Jn 15:9-17
12-My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. verse 17-This is my command: Love each other.
This seems very clear to me. The law is only in force as long as a person is alive. I died in 1983 and was raised up a new creature in Christ,
and have been seated with him in the heavenlies.
We can fall under the law even to love one another
and miss the true love of God that is the gift or nature of Christ in us.

In heb ch 4; My bible has the word sabbath in verse 9 your text didn't, was this an err or is it not in your text. mine reads: There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God,s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his.
The Sabbath of the law was a shadow or picture of what was to come. Jesus said " It is finished" on the cross when he died. Then the work of God was done, God entered the sabbath and Jesus sat down with him, we also when we beleived the message, were seated with him in the heavenlies, and became partakers of the sabbath rest of God.
That my relevation on it. aggree to disagree.
If you wish to keep the sabbath holy to the Lord as long as it isn't a means to become Holy, I have no problem with that. Only the blood of Jesus and the blood alone can make us holy. Then he becomes our righteousness. Love tom
Sorry I wanted to post on the sabbath Thread could you please move it for me.

2007/8/28 2:29Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy