SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Secret Is Simple!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 The Secret Is Simple!

And the secret is simply this: [b]Christ in you.[/b]-So, naturally, we proclaim Christ! We warn everyone we meet, and we teach everyone we can, all that we know about Him, so that if possible, we may bring everyone up to full maturity in Christ. - Col. 1:27,28 (Phillips Trans.)

What a beautiful revelation from the scriptures that the living and powerful Spirit of Christ dwells in the believer literally, Oh how we would be changed if we fully grasped this truth.

2007/8/27 18:37Profile
vico

Re: The Secret Is Simple!

Amen, dear brother. this truly is the heart and essence of Christianity. Christ in you, the hope of glory.

when we find that we can truly do nothing without Him, and we lay down our lives as a sacrifice and die, the power and strength, the presence and reality of Christ issues forth like a river of living water from our inner being. and like the apostle said: "its no longer i who liveth, but Christ who liveth in me."

Quote:
What a beautiful revelation from the scriptures that the living and powerful Spirit of Christ dwells in the believer literally, Oh how we would be changed if we fully grasped this truth.

absolutely.
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 1John 5:20

Father, grant us the spirit of wisdom, and fresh revelation in the knowledge of you.

2007/8/27 18:54Profile

Re:

[b]Chirst Liveth in Me[/b]
[i]Daniel Whittle[/i]

Once far from God and dead in sin,
No light my heart could see;
But in God’s Word the light I found,
Now Christ liveth in me.

[i]Refrain

Christ liveth in me,
Christ liveth in me,
Oh! what a salvation this,
That Christ liveth in me.[/i]

As rays of light from yonder sun,
The flowers of earth set free,
So life and light and love came forth
From Christ living in me.

Refrain

As lives the flower within the seed,
As in the cone the tree,
So, praise the God of truth and grace,
His Spirit dwelleth in me.

Refrain

[b]With longing all my heart is filled,
That like Him I may be,
As on the wondrous thought I dwell
That Christ liveth in me.[/b]

2007/8/27 19:04
Swordbearer

Re: The Secret Is Simple!

This is perhaps the greatest and most glorious mystery of the Kingdom of God
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Christ in ME!!! How incredible this is! GOD. GOD HIMSELF, the creator of all things, the Author of time, the Creator of space and matter. The One who dwells in such unfathomable glory that the holiest, most righteous men who have ever walked this earth collapse, "as one dead" with "no strength remaining" at just a glimpse of His glory. This God has [i]chosen[/i] to make His abode in me, one who has defied virtually every command He ever gave, and rebelled against His authority. He "came down from His glory" to sacrifice Himself to reconcile me!!
He made it possible for me to fulfill the law that I had despised and rejected, the law that I could not keep. He promises to fulfill the law in me through His Holy Spirit.
Oh, but am I willing to let Him? Am I willing to totaly surrender to His will? Am I willing to count the cost? Do I recognize what it will cost me to be completely surrendered to Christ?
It will cost. It will cost me absolutely everything. Every carnal desire, every fleshly lust, every desire for success and advancement, anything that will grieve my Master. When a man is filled with the Holy Spirit he cannot be filled with anything else. Am I prepared to allow the Spirit compete control of my life?
Will I let the Lord Jesus do a complete and thourough work in me?
I must, because without this surrender of my will to His control I will be worthless in His service. An unprofitable, one talent servant, fit only to be cast into outer darkness. At the very best a grief to God, "saved so as by fire"
Oh friend, have you counted the cost of surrender?

In His service
Aaron

2007/8/27 21:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy