SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : According to scripture, what would you desire to see in a person who might lead you in anything?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

According to scripture, what would you desire to see in a person who might lead you in anything?

Without being what some call political, can we find the answers in God's Word on what traits any leader should have to be an effective leader and have God's blessings in their leadership of whatever they are leading in?

2007/8/27 18:23
pastorfrin

Re: According to scripture, what would you desire to see in a person who might lead y

Quote:

moe_mac wrote:
Without being what some call political, can we find the answers in God's Word on what traits any leader should have to be an effective leader and have God's blessings in their leadership of whatever they are leading in?

Yes we can!

Daniel 2:20-22
Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: [21] And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: [22] He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.

2007/8/27 19:04Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: According to scripture, what would you desire to see in a person who might lead y

A man after God's own heart, filled with
conviction of the cross and a passion for
the kingdom of God; and a genuine love
for the flock he shepherds!!

2007/8/27 19:07Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Utter brokeness before God, sincere humility before man, fervent charity before the flock, and the ministerial ordination before Nail-Pierced hands.

2007/8/27 19:40Profile

Re:

PaulWest wrote:
Utter brokeness before God, sincere humility before man, fervent charity before the flock, and the ministerial ordination before Nail-Pierced hands.

moe_mac wrote:
Mr West. sojourer7, and Pastorfrin thanks for your comments, they were great. I was amazed at so few comments and it is wonder we have all become so infective in selecting leadership or following the right people as a whole. It seems very few know exactly what to look for in leadership.
Quote:

2007/8/28 1:54

According to scripture? ok... just a few characteristics:

[i]Blameless

The husband of one wife

Vigilant

Sober

Of good behavior

Given to hospitality

Apt to teach

Not given to wine

No striker

Not greedy of filthy lucre

Patient

Not a brawler

Not covetous

Ruleth well his own house

Has his children in subjection with all gravity (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

Their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.

Not a novice

Has a good report of them which are without

Grave

Not doubletongued

Holds the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

Just

Holy

Temperate

Holds fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Not giving heed to fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.[/i]

Yep, I'd say that about sums it up!

Krispy

2007/8/28 7:44

Quote:

moe_mac wrote:

This is very general, not necessarily even of a Christian leader, but what came off the top of my head was [i][u]Compassion and kindness, but without compromise[/u][/i]. Also [i][u]strength and firmness, yet with flexibility.[/u][/i]

Jeannette

2007/8/28 8:47
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Quote:

Christlikeness. i desire a mentor/leader that lets Jesus live His life through him. when he speaks, they are the words of Christ. when he looks at you, they are the look of God. that his life is so submitted that love, holiness, and humility just naturally come out of him.. isn't this what the bible tells us that God desires for us anyway.

2007/8/28 9:26Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy