SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer Meeting

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

Prayer Meeting

This Church I have been going for the last few weeks, was the Church I was saved at.

When I came to Christ I loved to pray alone, then I friend left to China, and a missionary came and talk and said you need people praying you at home. A group that will meet once a week
and pray for you. I thought I would love to that.

She was well loved at the Church, I thought for sure people come and pray.. Well nope.. sometimes none. .A year I prayed and prayed over every name on that list..But I saw nothing.. Something God would bless me with a few people. There two guys that were to lead, but they didn't always come. anyway I moved away, But kept praying Oh God please let your people pray.
They are very firm in the word and good teaching, they love the lost. But they were missing prayer.

So when I came back this time I was almost in tears. All those prayer. God was doing something. Jason and his wife just moved there a year ago. They went on a mission trip and came back with a heart to pray more. I was there when they had there first prayer meeting three weeks ago.

I started to cry what a wonderful to see, people coming and praying. .I thought God can do move peoples hearts he can..
So we prayed. each week.. It was rich a deep cry from our heart bring Holiness again. We need you come on America. Come on me.
But tonight was the best.. we were praying and it turn to pray more for our Church. Please humble us. There was four of us. I prayed that God would use Jason, give him boldness, to bring others to pray.
So after we went hear the missionary speak.. and after Jason got up and said if wants to pray meet in this room and we will pray for this missionary.. 7 people came to pray.. I am so blessed By our God..

So brothers, we lets pray.. May God keep lifting up men of God to lead pray..

and if they wont come let us go to them ,in there homes...

Oh let us really pray again from our hearts..

I am blessed.. anyone else have a story how God
is working...

In his love
charlene

2007/8/27 1:30Profile

Re: Prayer Meeting

Praise the Lord for His faithful working to burden your church to pray. That is wonderful, sister.

I can also testify that in the last three years God has been increasing the burden at my church to pray more. It is a gradual progress but how wonderful it is when almost the whole church comes together to just pray.

In the midst of a prayer meeting I'm often overwhelmed with the blessings God has given me in placing me in the midst of a people who love to pray...God is good.

Quote:

awakenwithin wrote:
They are very firm in the word and good teaching, they love the lost. But they were missing prayer.

This is tragically true of far too many churches. They are missing the priority of prayer...but God is able to stir the hearts of His people to pray. God may be waiting for just one person in a church who has a burden to pray that He might use that person to stir His people to prayer.

2007/8/27 10:18
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Joy what a huge praise with God our Church can be houses of Prayer. Don't give brothers and sister pray even harder for your Church.

Amen
I know I am seeing God do wonderful in my brothers and sisters.

2007/8/28 1:47Profile

Re: Prayer Meeting

awakenwithin quote:
I started to cry what a wonderful to see, people coming and praying. .I thought God can do move peoples hearts he can..
So we prayed. each week.. It was rich a deep cry from our heart bring Holiness again. We need you come on America. Come on me.
But tonight was the best.. we were praying and it turn to pray more for our Church. Please humble us. There was four of us. I prayed that God would use Jason, give him boldness, to bring others to pray.
So after we went hear the missionary speak.. and after Jason got up and said if wants to pray meet in this room and we will pray for this missionary.. 7 people came to pray.. I am so blessed By our God..

So brothers, we lets pray.. May God keep lifting up men of God to lead pray..

and if they wont come let us go to them ,in there homes...

Oh let us really pray again from our hearts..

I am blessed.. anyone else have a story how God
is working...

moe:
Amen, on we need prayer Charlene. I can detect the Lord has you on fire. Don't let no one put it out. You are right on, we need men and women who will pray and ask God to have mercy on us and renew our hearts daily by HIS SPIRIT and ask HIM to renew everyone else's heart by HIS SPIRIT and touch the hearts of the people. It was a joyful thing to read this post about this prayer meeting.

2007/8/30 22:58
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Oh this it my prayer, let not our fire go out.
Oh with the HOly Spirit please light us up.
It nothing of me. I would cold, disobeying without God. So anything you see in me, it to the praise to Christ. So thanks to Him who works in our hearts. Oh greater greater is my desire the fire within will be.

Oh come beloved, come lets pray. Oh come lets talk with the king. Oh Come beloved. Lets come and pray.
Each new place I am it starts over, the tear and praying, that some will come. But beloved don't give up God is able to move in their hearts.

I confess to little do I pray, May God help us in this battle of prayer..
Blessing brother
charlene

2007/8/31 23:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy