SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Church orders an "erotic service".

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
theopenlife

Church orders an "erotic service".

I am shocked and saddened by an article I found on Dave Hunt's "The Berean Call", which comes from the Times Online, from June 12th, 2007.

---

Hundreds queue for 'Erotic Church Service'

Hundreds queue for 'Erotic Church Service' [Excerpts]

'A female dancer dances in a skin coloured stocking in the middle of the church in front of the altar. She crawls about on the floor and wraps herself in a hanging down white cloth. Is this a blasphemous provocation, a scoffing at the Christian religion?

'No it is only one of the items on the agenda of the Protestant Church Assembly. The six-hundred-year-old church, the Church of the Carthusians in the south of Cologne has become the stage for an erotic church service. Nearly one thousand interested people waited outside the door of the former monastery, despite a thunderstorm- but in the end there was only room for four hundred people.

'For those who managed to get in, they had to take off their shoes on a white painted church interior. Above the entrance, there was the caption, “a warm welcome to the Vineyard of Love”. The space between the benches had been overlaid with velvet and from the ceiling wine and rose leaves were strewn onto the spectators. A man came to the microphone and announced, This is an erotic church service, can you move a bit closer together, all of you. This was followed by saxophone music and dance.

'The vicar arrived in a black cassock and barefoot. He announced that eroticism and lust are not taboo areas pushed aside by God. In fact, "lust has to be lived out", said Armin Beuscher, who tempered his speech immediately, by saying, “we are of course today in this service only able to implement this in a limited manner”.

'The faithful were then asked to take part in an anointing ritual in which they should massage the forehead and hands of the person sitting next to them. Some go further and embrace each other whilst others kiss. The atmosphere gets more relaxed. This is how most church services should be said Birgit Kruger (59 years old) from near Hamburg and the Bavarian Gertrude Schirmer (72 years old) said “I found the anointment most beautiful”. Then they all said an Our Father together and then Vicar Beuscher admonishes the parish with the words “praise God with your body, your lust and tenderness”. Judging by the enthusiastic applause, the audience fully intend to do this.'

http://timescolumns.typepad.com/gledhill/2007/06/hundreds_queue_.html

---

I'm going to go pray. Please, please pray. God can overcome this, let us ask Him with earnest pleas.

2007/8/27 1:11Profile

Re: Church orders an "erotic service".

Quote:
The faithful were then asked to take part in an anointing ritual in which they should massage the forehead and hands of the person sitting next to them.

The hands and foreheads of people like this will receive an anointing all right...

2007/8/27 1:36
theopenlife

Re:

First thought that came to mind was 666.

2007/8/27 2:10Profile

Quote:
First thought that came to mind was 666.

I suppose it depends what '666' means in your thinking.

My first thought was... [i]this is the 'man of sin' being revealed in the Church [temple].[/i]

By which I mean, this is one example of abandonment to the sinful nature (our first birth) which should have been destroyed (and is destroyed) in those who have received relief from it, through being grafted into Christ's death.

2007/8/27 5:27
Jsanturce

These are just signs of the end times!!! God have mercy on us all.

2007/8/31 11:05Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

It's interesting that there's a minister who, in the 1970's said this would happen. He was ridiculed when he talked about sensuality entering the Church in a little book he wrote called "The Vision".

I'm talking about David Wilkerson of course. But one thing we can say about this: We were warned.

2007/8/31 13:27Profile
theopenlife

Re:

I've been thinking about that Wilkerson warning too. I posted a list on my blog of some of the latest "trends" in the Emergent Church, and it is grievous to behold. So-called Christian stores are now selling "Christian Tumblers" with verses on them for alcohol fellowship with unbelievers. Catholic churches with scantly dressed female pall bearers, the service titled "nuns gone wild" or similar. A summer series called "Sex God" that focuses each Sunday for months on nothing but the "Christian Sex Life".

Since the days of the apostles we've been in the "end times", but I believe we have passed the "end of the beginning of the end" and have come to the "beginning of the end of the end." (If that makes any sense?!)

2007/8/31 13:55Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Nearly one thousand interested people waited outside the door of the former monastery, despite a thunderstorm

I am surprised that some people did not get hit with lightening! Yes, the prophecies of wilkerson are very right on in this regard, things are getting much worse then we can imagine. I cannot think of times in church history when events like this were happening so publicly and on such a grand scale in the church. "The love of many will grow cold."

2007/8/31 15:12Profile
theopenlife

Re:

I agree, my (limited) study of church history has taught me that there have been immoral times, but even those immoral times pretended to be moral. The change is that now, more than ever, the "church" is comfortable with its open sensuality and wickedness in the mainstream. I will not be surprised if a "new version" of the bible comes out which entirely omits whole sections of scripture or "revises" the obvious meanings, and is accepted by the mainstream.

2007/8/31 15:36Profile
ktomalty

Caronport, Saskatchewan

Re:

Quote:
I will not be surprised if a "new version" of the bible comes out which entirely omits whole sections of scripture or "revises" the obvious meanings, and is accepted by the mainstream.

I have heard of a Bible that contains blue-letters. The blue letters represent things that are "no longer relevant." One of my professors told us a story of one of his students meeting and talking with a female United Church pastor who was reading such a "Bible" in a Chapters. She shared of the meaning and told him also that she was a homosexual. The student continued to talk with her until he was mysteriously asked to leave the store by the manager.
In regards to the end times. . . Leonard Ravenhill talks much of us no longer being in the last days or hours, but rather the last moments. May God gather those who would come to him with 'contrite and humble hearts'.

2007/8/31 17:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy