SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : 666 Bismala

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Logic

666 Bismala

[b]Rev 13:18[/b] [color=990000]Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is [b]six hundred and sixty six[/b].[/color]

Strongs Greek #5516
χξς
chi xi stigma
khee xee stig'-ma
The 22nd, 14th and an obsolete letter (G4742 as a cross) of the Greek alphabet (intermediate between the 5th and 6th), used as numbers; denoting respectively 600, 60 and 6; 666 as a numeral: - six hundred threescore and six.

The interesting thing is when you look at these letters in Arabic:

[img]http://www.freejesus.net/666/666.jpg[/img]
So, what does Chi Xi Stigma spell in Arabic? It spells the word “Bismallah”. And Bismallah means, “In the Name of Allah”.

2007/8/26 17:08Profile
mackaymarsh

Re: 666 Bismala

The languages are way over my head, but how does this fit, if at all, with:
1 Kings 10:14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,
2 Chronicles 9:13 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred and threescore and six talents of gold;

John Wesley said Solomon's gold came from from Arabia and Ethiopia.

These two verses are the only 2 of 3, the other being in Rev. that mention 666 that I have found. I used to think this number only referred to money, etc, but I need to re-think after seeing your post. Maybe both?

Interesting.

2007/8/26 17:57Profile

666 Bismala

Quote:
These two verses are the only 2 of 3, the other being in Rev. that mention 666 that I have found. I used to think this number only referred to money, etc, but I need to re-think after seeing your post. Maybe both?

Just don't let go of those scriptures from I Kings and II Chronicles. We are to interpret scripture with scripture.

No man may "buy or sell" without the mark. Money.

Solomon received 666 talents of gold in one year. Money.

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." (MATT 6:24)

2007/8/27 2:58

Hi everybody,

Let's read it again.

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

It clearly says here that the number is the number of a (((((man)))). So money does not fit in the context. Also even if your translation about from the Greek into Arabic is correct, I am not sure if I would agree with that because the word Allah is used by the muslin to refer to God. And as I said before the text clearly says that it is the number of a man. So, he who has understandin count the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man........

God Bless....

2007/8/27 6:36

Quote:

Logic wrote:
[b]Rev 13:18[/b] [color=990000]Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is [b]six hundred and sixty six[/b].[/color]

Strongs Greek #5516
χξς
chi xi stigma
khee xee stig'-ma
The 22nd, 14th and an obsolete letter (G4742 as a cross) of the Greek alphabet (intermediate between the 5th and 6th), used as numbers; denoting respectively 600, 60 and 6; 666 as a numeral: - six hundred threescore and six.

[img]http://www.freejesus.net/666/666.jpg[/img]
So, what does Chi Xi Stigma spell in Arabic? It spells the word “Bismallah”. And Bismallah means, “In the Name of Allah”.

I think you mean "sigma" not stigma! But maybe the slip was significant - becaue stigma means "mark".

666 is the number of "MAN", or "a man" as its usually translated (it could mean either as Greek doesn't have the indefinite article). So it basically means that which is merely human. Six is one less than seven, which represents perfection. So six is man without God.

There were six stone water jars when the wine ran out at the wedding. Jesus filled them with wine instead.

The merely human on its own is useless to God, we have to let Him direct and fill us with Himself before we can be complete ( = "seven")

But the passage suggests that there is to be one particular man who is called "666", a false, falling short, merely human [u][i]x3[/i][/u]. A false "trinity" - a man that claims to be God?!

In John's day 666 was probably a cipher for the Roman emperor (Nero? My memory for history isn't good!) As he said in his Epistle, there were even then many antichrists - men claiming to be God or behaving as if they have the power of God. Yet even Nero & co were only prototypes for the final fulfillment of this prophecy.

These are just a few thoughts to add to what has been said. I don't claim any full understanding of this subject, probably all that has been said is one aspect or another of the same truth that is being expressed.

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/8/27 7:27
Logic

Re:

Quote:
LittleGift wrote:
Quote:
Logic wrote:

Strongs Greek #5516
χξς
chi xi stigma
khee xee stig'-ma

I think you mean "sigma" not stigma! But maybe the slip was significant - becaue stigma means "mark".

No, it is stigma.
Stigma is an obsoleet letter

Go to this website and watch, it is very interesting [url=http://www.abrahamic-faith.com/index.html]Abrahamic Faith[/url]

Even Mr. Walid Shoebat, an ex-Moslem, during a conversation, Shoebat said that he was startled to see the Greek letters χξς′ translated, “666” in Revelation 13:18.
He said that if one draws these same letters as if they were Arabic letters, the χ becomes the crossed swords of Islam, (the symbol of which is on the national flag of Saudi Arabia), and the ξς′ are identical to Arabic letters that translate into English as: “in the name of Allah!”

2007/8/27 11:53Profile

Re:

Quote:

Logic wrote:
[/No, it is stigma.
Stigma is an obsoleet letter

Go to this website and watch, it is very interesting [url=http://www.abrahamic-faith.com/index.html]Abrahamic Faith[/url]

Even Mr. Walid Shoebat, an ex-Moslem, during a conversation, Shoebat said that he was startled to see the Greek letters χξς′ translated, “666” in Revelation 13:18.
He said that if one draws these same letters as if they were Arabic letters, the χ becomes the crossed swords of Islam, (the symbol of which is on the national flag of Saudi Arabia), and the ξς′ are identical to Arabic letters that translate into English as: “in the name of Allah!”

WOW!!!

Thanks for this information - I'll look up the site...

Just remembered that John said that the spirit of antichrist denies the Father and the Son.

You know what Muslims think about the idea of God having a son - in fact Islam puts a curse on anyone who believes in the Son!

Jeannette

2007/8/27 14:27

Re:

Hi again Bro Logic

Found the site but not the part you quote. Can you help?

2007/8/27 14:46
Logic

Re:

Quote:
LittleGift wrote:
WOW!!!

Thanks for this information - I'll look up the site...

Just remembered that John said that the spirit of antichrist denies the Father and the Son.

You know what Muslims think about the idea of God having a son - in fact Islam puts a curse on anyone who believes in the Son!

The anti-christ can't come out of Rome, eather, because they do not denie the son.
Alah has not son, therefore he is not the Father.
Quote:
LittleGift wrote:
Found the site but not the part you quote. Can you help?

I think these are the correct links:
[url=http://www.levitt.tv/media/links/ZLV-1610.ram]Here[/url]
[b]&[/b]
[url=http://www.levitt.tv/media/links/ZLV-1611.ram]Here[/url]

2007/8/27 15:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy