SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ted Haggard Seeks Financial Support

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Ted Haggard Seeks Financial Support

[b]Ted Haggard Seeks Financial Support[/b]

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) - The Rev. Ted Haggard, who left the megachurch he founded after admitting to "sexual immorality," has asked supporters for financial assistance while he and his wife pursue their studies.

The former New Life Church pastor plans to seek a master's degree in counseling at the University of Phoenix while his wife studies psychology, he said in an e-mail sent this week to KRDO-TV in Colorado Springs.

The couple and two of their sons planned to move Oct. 1 to the Phoenix Dream Center, a faith-based halfway house in Phoenix, where Haggard and his wife would provide counseling, the e-mail said.

"It looks as though it will take two years for us to have adequate earning power again, so we are looking for people who will help us monthly for two years," the e-mail said. "During that time we will continue as full-time students, and then, when I graduate, we won't need ...

read more: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070825/D8R7U9OO0.html

2007/8/26 16:25Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Ted Haggard Seeks Financial Support

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for
whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.
For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh
reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit
will of the Spirit reap everlasting life."

GALATIANS 6:7-8

2007/8/26 17:17Profile

Re: Ted Haggard Seeks Financial Support

Quote:
Haggard said: "It looks as though it will take two years for us to have adequate earning power again, so we are looking for people who will help us monthly for two years,"

When I read this I was outraged. This man doesn't need college, he needs to find a ghetto somewhere and meet rock bottom and find Jesus.

A male prostitute turned him in and if he hadn't have turned him in, Haggard would still be out there with homosexuals practicing LORD knows what. And now he wants to be a councilor? :-x

2007/8/26 17:44
FreebyWord

Re:

This made me want to cry for a myriad of reasons but most importantly is that much of the Church probably doesn't see that demonic monsters have infiltrated the churches. Haggard as counselor to Christians? I think not.

2007/8/26 17:56Profile

Re:

I see also a myriad of things here.

Pray for him and his family that they find God, and that he responds to them.

2007/8/26 20:41
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Praying...

Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

indeed what happened with bro Haggert was a most grievous thing. Lest we think we are beyond falling into that sort of iniquity, we ought to remember the Mercy God has shown us for our sin. Christ said that to even look at a woman lustfully is to commit adultery. i would think the same standard applies for women regarding men so let us examine ourselves to see if we are guilty of this and if so, consider the Mercy God has shown us for it...

2 scriptures were brough to my rememberance at this time concerning Judgment and Mercy toward one another. from 1 Corinthians 5 we have this scenario:

[b]1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. 2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged F14 already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. 6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? 7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed F15 for us: 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, F16 not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
[/b]

clearly we ought not associate with wickedness but put such people out. i think we got that part on lock...

however this aspect of it i believe we all need much work on...from 2 Corinthians 2 concerning this brother in the above text:

[b]1 But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you in heaviness. 2 For if I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me? 3 And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all. 4 For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.5 But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all. 6 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, F5 which was inflicted of many. 7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. 8 Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him. 9 For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things. 10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person F6 of Christ; 11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

[/b]

the bringing back in of that lost brother...namely Forgiving...oh we're quick to throw the book at one another sometimes...a little easier on ourselves though sometimes...a tad harsher on the crimes committed by others that we ourselves are not guilty of...lenient with our own crimes sometimes...or maybe i'm just tripping and this has no basis. somehow i think not, and perhaps it is because i know myself i have been given much Grace in this area but am in ever desperate need of Him lest i falter...my iniquity is ever before me said David, so is mine to me lest i think i am above falling or think i am no longer in need of Grace...

Paul says to welcome back this brother lest he be consumed with much sorrow. in this pitiful state, our brother is a sitting duck for the enemy and because he is our brother, we can't leave him out to dry. i know for sure i'd not want to be left out there in the cold...don't know about you...Note Paul also says that we ought to forgive lest the enemy take advantage of us...meaning the whole...those in need of forgiveness and those who need to pass it out...if we have been forgiven by God of our sin, we ought to pass that on to one another. i fear we Christians are not always to Gracious or willing to show the Mercy which we have been shown to others (even among ourselves) and so we are oft kept at arms length on account of that wickedness...God forgive us for not forgiving and may we receive Grace from Him to forgive.AMEN. i am not saying at all that one should be absolved from whatever consequences (legal or otherwise) from one's sin. Paul clearly says we ought to receive whatever punishment is due. However Paul also clearly says that afterward we ought to bring our brother back in to comfort him lest the enemy hustle even us who weren't guilty of anything but making us think more of ourselves than we ought.

i am grieved by what happened but as God has shown me Mercy, i can't help but show bro Haggert the same Mercy...so i bow my knees to our Lord and God that He restore this brother to Himself and to us, and us to him also.

it is my hope brethren that behind our speaking out against this wickedness, we spend much more time in travailing prayer for our brother than we do speaking against this. and i hope we so do for one another when we discover wickedness, let this be how we treat one another that the world may once more know we are Christians by how we Love another...let us Love one another as Jesus Loved us, Rebuking and Forgiving one another as He did us.AMEN.

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus' NAme.AMEN.

2007/8/26 21:03Profile

Re: Praying...

The man lied about his relationship with this homosexual, lied about the drugs and then later on confessed in other interviews that he did get the drug from his guy.

The problem Ironman is this, he would have still been seeing him were it not for this guy squealing on him. He was getting away with it and he would have still been doing this had he not been exposed.

It's clear that Ted Haggard is not repentive, he will not confess that he has leanings towards homosexuality. He is thinking that once this all blows over, I will go to another town start all over and this other part of me will just go away. It won't go away, he will fall to this again. Once you taste this type of lust it ain't easy to get rid of. He was counseled and declared straight. Homosexuality is very deceptive.

Brother Jimmy Swaggart was exposed as well, but he repented and sought the LORD for help. He refused the Assemblies of God's counsel which was a wise decision, their counseling is laced with psychology. Ted Haggard needs to learn from Jimmy Swaggart.

This is an awful thing to say, but Haggard needs to fall into sin again until he learns that he cannot overcome the flesh by doing good works, thats why he is going to college. The best cure for a hypocrite is to fall into sin, it will either harden your heart or cry out to God for mercy.

I know, for I am one of the chief of sinners.

2007/8/26 22:30
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Remembering God's Mercy on me...

bro Compliments
Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

Quote:
The man lied about his relationship with this homosexual, lied about the drugs and then later on confessed in other interviews that he did get the drug from his guy.

indeed this is true. this makes me wonder how many times i've lied in a similar fashion and how often God has forgiven me...do you or have you wondered the same?

Quote:
The problem Ironman is this, he would have still been seeing him were it not for this guy squealing on him. He was getting away with it and he would have still been doing this had he not been exposed.

could we not also say the same for some of the sins we are yet guilty of? that we keep them hidden until we are forced (because they are exposed) to confront them...remembering some of my own instances with this...do you remember times when God exposed your own sin that you would confront it?

Quote:
It's clear that Ted Haggard is not repentive, he will not confess that he has leanings towards homosexuality. He is thinking that once this all blows over, I will go to another town start all over and this other part of me will just go away. It won't go away, he will fall to this again. Once you taste this type of lust it ain't easy to get rid of. He was counseled and declared straight. Homosexuality is very deceptive.

mmm i am thinking now of how i myself have not been repentive...can you think of any instances in which you have been like bro Haggert?

Quote:
This is an awful thing to say, but Haggard needs to fall into sin again until he learns that he cannot overcome the flesh by doing good works, thats why he is going to college. The best cure for a hypocrite is to fall into sin, it will either harden your heart or cry out to God for mercy.

i don't know that it is necessary for bro Haggert to fall into sin once more to come to repentance but i do know that it is Necessary...dare i say IMPERATIVE that we as his brethren hold him up in prayer that God show Mercy.

remembering GOd's own Mercy toward me...as one who has benefitted from It i must share it. let us pray brother.

Grace and PEace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/8/26 22:39Profile

Re: Remembering God's Mercy on me...

Ironman, your speaking to one who knows how to sin and does it quite well. Can you carry on a conversation without having to put forth Pauls admonition? I am fully aware of what your saying.

Quote:
Romans 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

I know what this is saying, I am not talking about this. My posts have nothing to do with this, I am not speaking out of a self righteous pig. I am speaking about this man Ted Haggard. I know what I am talking about when it comes to homosexuality.

God exposed this man because He loves him and wants him to repent of this thing and to seek Him for healing.

When I started coming to the LORD, the more I sought the LORD the more I saw darkness and unbelief. I saw myself as dark as dark can be. I continually see myself as that to this day. I have not arrived to perfection.

What your missing in my point my Brother is this, he would have continued on in homosexual activity had he not been exposed. He denies that he had any homosexual desires and/or practiced it. This tells me that he is still holding on to it and it will show up again. I know what I am talking about, I've said the same words to someone who accused me and I kept denying it, the more I denied the more it became evident, until I confessed it to a confidant. But he's denying it. Do you understand what I am saying?

Pray for him yes by all means, also pray that God will expose this in his life without having to bring more of a reproach on the name of Jesus.

Preachers who make jokes about those caught in a particular sin will get caught in the same sin. God loves sinners, He hears their hurting cry every day. And then He becomes grieved when He hears preachers joking about sinners and those caught in their sin.

LORD have mercy upon us all.

God Bless You.

2007/8/26 23:05
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Brother Jimmy Swaggart was exposed as well, but he repented and sought the LORD for help. He refused the Assemblies of God's counsel which was a wise decision, their counseling is laced with psychology. Ted Haggard needs to learn from Jimmy Swaggart.

Exactly how did Swaggart repent?

2007/8/26 23:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy