SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : To God be the glory!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
godsgirl

West Georgia

To God be the glory!

What a wonderful God we serve! First I want to thank whoever is responsible for this website! God directed me here and I can't even remember how it was that I found this website. I am a pastor's wife, who has been hurt tremendously at the last church we were pastoring. I had so many questions for God and quite frankly, could not understand how God could have allowed what happened to have happened. For 5 months, I plodded along. My healing was at a standstill. I didn't want to go any farther because to heal meant to get back into the service of God. I couldn't trust any of those people. Why would anyone want to lead anyone who cared so little for their shepherds? Oh, I was living in a pit of pity, not even considering what my Father had sacrIficed. Then one day, I ended up here. I listened first of all to Revival Hymn. I listened to it 3 times through before I had realized it. All I could do was cry and say, over and over, "Forgive me, Father." Then I found the Freedom CD and I begin my day with that each day. It never fails to move me and lift me. I began to listen to some of the sermons by Rev. David Wilkerson and when I listened to "A Way Known Only To God," I began to see things a little more clearly. THERE IS A REASON AND PURPOSE BEHIND ALL THAT WE GO THROUGH IN THIS LIFE AND WE ARE NEVER ALONE NO MATTER WHAT IT FEELS LIKE! HE DOES NOT SEND US ON, TELLING US THAT HE WILL BE BACK CHEERING US ON! HE TAKES OUR HAND AND GOES THROUGH IT WITH US!!! What a revelation that was for me! I have heard similar things..."you are not alone." Shoot, I have even read it in the Bible, but for some reason, it just didn't take root, but now it has, NOW IT HAS!!! HALLELUJAH!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! Being able to be open to God again, He has delivered me from the bondage of doubt and the bondage of food. I AM FREE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!!! The Bible tells us that we are to daily take up His cross, well know this...I am taking up that cross daily now...gladly! Through this website, I have gotten to a place where I can open myself back up to God and allow Him to work in me. I am living in expectancy of what He is going to do! Like being pregnant, you wait for the time when, not if, your miracle will be birthed! HALLELUJAH AND AMEN!!! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!! THANK YOU, JESUS!!!

2004/5/11 8:16Profile
KeithLaMothe

Re: To God be the glory!

Praise be to God, ever faithful and ever amazing beyond our understanding.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, it's helpful to have concrete reinforcement to the Biblical truth that God's servants can go through protracted and intense periods of persecution, trouble, pain, rejection, and even doubt, yet God will pull us through and accomplish His will.

Quote:
Why would anyone want to lead anyone who cared so little for their shepherds?

As you no doubt now realize: the same reason the Shepherd sacrificed so much for his flock that had repeatedly and dramatically rejected Him and hurt Him so badly.

Quote:
I have gotten to a place where I can open myself back up to God and allow Him to work in me.

Praise God :)

Quote:
I am living in expectancy of what He is going to do! Like being pregnant, you wait for the time when, not if, your miracle will be birthed!

I'm thankful that God is working in your life, and I think you have the right attitude about it being a matter of time until His work comes to fruition, but I believe I must remind you to take heed lest you fall (1 Cor. 10:12), because a spiritual pregnancy can fail if the vessel is unfaithful and negligent. Judging by what you wrote, though, there doesn't seem to be danger of that happening.

Again, thank you for sharing.

God's will be done in all of us, as it is in Heaven,
-Keith

2004/5/11 12:52Profile
moreofHim

Re: godsgirl

Susan (i am assuming),

I am rejoicing with you!!!

So glad you found this site too. Welcome and I pray that you will find much wisdom, encouragement and edification here.

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/5/11 20:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy