SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Could a born again Christian Commit Suicide?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

Thanks kathleen1 for your powerful opinion!

Quote: "Any 'preacher' who teaches people can be saved that commit suicide teach heresy".

Sincerely Magnus

:-D

2007/8/29 19:44Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

I haven't really read the whole thread so I don't know if this has been brought up, but what say you (all) about a Christian who gets a mental disease, gets really deranged, and commits suicide?

Does God spare his eternal soul, or does he get the damnation that some of you claim is begot by all suicidals?

2007/8/29 21:24Profile

Re:

BenBrockway asked

Quote:
I haven't really read the whole thread so I don't know if this has been brought up, but what say you (all) about a Christian who gets a mental disease, gets really deranged, and commits suicide?

Does God spare his eternal soul, or does he get the damnation that some of you claim is begot by all suicidals?

This is along the same lines as "do babies go to heaven or hell if they die before meeting Jesus or they reach the "age of accountability" (whatever that is)"?

Leave it up to God. He knows where every atom in the Universe was, is, and will be... He's more than capable of sorting this out.

2007/8/30 0:02

Re: Suicide is Demonic.

http://www.behindthebadge.net/suicide/index.html

I hope by now that you may have read some posts on here. Especially kathleen's.

For some reason demonic influence is being left out of this, by these hypothetical questionings and these modern psychiatric ponderings have won out again over The Word of God. I've written two posts on this previous page, if you care to read them. But having to say this again, for the sake of 'whomever' may read this thread, that these throwing out of hypotheticals may be just what someone would need to hear, to tell them that they have an excuse to murder themselves. My main concern, again, is those who are young or those going through some very difficult time and that is when the enemy comes in like a flood. He is brighter than we are, you know that don't you ? He's Extremely intelligent and knows how to convince a mind of anything that's anti-Biblical. And the new psychiatry has 4 out of 5 of the population having "a mental disorder". Many believe this, once they are told this is so, by an M.D. who will then medicate them. Even some of the least dangerous of medications have quiet joint-action lawsuits against them, for causing those who took these seemingly harmless meds to commit suicide. Once we begin to side with the world and this New psychiatric propaganda, that is being driven by big Pharmacuetical industries, we've bought the lie that will be the very laws that will have Christians put away, because of a "religious-disorder". You push the Bible aside and pick up a modern book on psychiatry and you've damned a whole generation. People who suffer from just anxiety think they are loosing their minds and do think of ending it all. As soon as we throw that "messed up mind" option in there, we're including ourselves, as Jesus said the days ahead will be worse than ever before or ever will be again. Men's hearts failing them for fear. Why make excuses for people to commit the one act they won't have time to repent of ? If the Church would do their job and not throw so many to Psychology, we would have power in the Church and it would be filled with victorious overcomers. We have the means to heal minds and permanently.

I pray over this thread, that no one who is weak will read the nonsense that has been posted here.

When a teen-ager goes through a break-up with their boyfriend or homelife, they come as close to suicide than as ever. Young people do not have the emotional maturity to handle stress and neither do some disabled or abused people. If they read that God will forgive them on the grounds of insanity - they may just take that as coming from Christians that may be older and wiser than they are and go ahead and end their lives. I cannot believe that anyone would even come near, opening that door, because with hypotheticals, you implant a thought in someone's mind and under duress, they may just act on it. May we instead post stories of Christians, such as a Richard Wurmbrand and the like, who was drugged and tortured for 12 years and did not give up hope ? His mind was so far gone, all he could say was "Jesus" and he survived to start The Voice of the Martyrs. Instead of bringing up excuses on every page implying that people can get away with murdering themselves, let us encourage one another with stories of those who overcame more than what is thought to be humanly possible, because the days ahead will be torture for most of us and suicide is Never a Biblical alternative or option. It's not in There.

For the sake of the weak and the ones who are being attacked by the enemy in their minds, please let us stop suggesting that they can kill themselves and get to Heaven. Please, please don't do this.

2007/8/30 0:31
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

HE_Reigns! Thanks for your contribution. I do agree with you. However, everyone who has contributed concerning my initial question has the right to his or her opinion on this matter.

Sincerely Magnus ;-)

2007/8/30 6:09Profile

Re: Could a born again Christian Commit Suicide?

Magnus, I've watched this discussion from the beginning and just now had time to get on the internet and reply!

I believe that MOST of those who commit sucide are NOT in their right mind by whatever disease, demon, etc and therefore not excluded from heaven. Another statement: Who in their "right mind" takes their own life? No one!

This belief was put to the test several years ago when I was so depressed and come so close to suicide. Can I say with 100% accuracy that I would've gone to heaven. I cannot. But I believe in mercy and I will ALWAYS stand on the side of love and mercy for those who are not in their right minds rather than condemn them and kick them to the curb.

[edit: I hit submit instead of preview] Only God knows a person's heart and will be able to judge to it and that person. We Christians have a horrible sense of the belief: survival of the fittest. If you can't keep up with the pack, you are useless and therefore going to hell. We are to go into the highways and byways and compell them through love and compassion to come and eat at the supper of the Lamb!!

God bless,
Lisa

2007/8/30 6:54
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

Thanks Lisa, for your contribution to my question!

Well suicide is from my perspective a theological testcase. If a born again Christian commits suicide and enter the kingdom of God;
we can surely say that a born again practising
homosexual, a born again practising kleptomaniac, or born again practising psychopath or even a born again murderer is home free; after all we are all victims either of the worlds structures or of a fallen depraved nature. Who is to blame? Not us, that's for sure (maybe the Creator?)!

The tendency today is to get away with guilt and not to take responsibility for our actions. All this fall short on the judgement day, when our lives will be on trail.

However if you like you can go back and read what Ive written on the biblical perspective on suicide earlier.

Sincerely Magnus
:-D

2007/8/30 7:14Profile

Re:

Mangan, (now that I have your name right!!)

I'm not going to get into a huge theological debate over this!! LOL I do understand your premise for arguement but I still stand and will always stand on the side of mercy and compassion for those who commit suicide.
:-)

2007/8/30 8:44
BenBrockway

Re:

Amen Corey. That is, I believe, the right answer. It is up to God, not up to us! Amen!

2007/8/30 9:12Profile
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

No, you got it right the first time. Magnus is my name (Latin for: Great, however Im not great), but Mangan is my nickname (in Swedish).

I respect your view Lisa. Sometimes it seems like our understanding of the world and our empathy is greater than God's. I wish it to be so that God would open heaven or the kingdom of God to everyone without any conditions at all. Sometimes I wish there were no biblical account concerning eternal damnation or hell. But then again: Is the Bible the Word of the living God or is it not?

I believe the Scriptures to be the Word of God, and do not dare to teach anything else than the whole counsel of God. Given these facts OT and NT give us no hope whatsoever to think, teach or believe that a suicidal would enter into eternal glory alongside the Martyrs and others who fought the good fight and kept the faith.

Sincerely Magnus
;-)

2007/8/30 9:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy