SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Randy and Paula White announce divorce

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Re

Quote:
I read several years ago, when young black men were asked why they are leaving the Church in droves for Islam, time and again their response was they found mentoring fathers in Islam they couldn't find in the Church.

Ya know, this is very key, and is something I've thought about lately, and am going to do a teaching on it when the Lord prepares it in my heart.

One of the things that the so-called "seeker sensitive" churches are doing is they are driving out the older generations. Rick Warren has written in one of his books, and teaches in his leadership training that pastors who implement his techniques of "church growth" will be resisted by "older Christians", and he is encouraging these pastors to let these people leave... dont try to keep them, they'll just be a hinderance.

Now churches have a contemporary service and a traditional service, seperating the generations.

This is a huge mistake!

I [b]want[/b] my children around saints who have been walking with the Lord for 60 years! There is a sweet elderly couple who my wife and I met while we lived in TN, and we love them dearly. This man is 80 now and is still active. Every time we see them he is outside chopping wood. This man challenges me. Whenever I see him the first thing out of his mouth is "Are you praying with your wife everyday??" He says this while poking a finger in my chest. He is so intimate and mature with the Lord he makes me feel totally inept.

There is an elderly couple in their 80's here locally that we love to get together with. They thrill our kids of stories about being missionaries in Russia, Eastern Europe and Alaska.

Most of my spiritual mentors have been men in their 70's & 80's. Men who are on their knees before God every morning and every night. Men who have walked the walk for decades.

If the church removes that, you end up with immature Christians mentoring immature Christians, and it turns into a mess like Paula Whites church. Most Christians I know my age are not nearly entrenched in the Lord as men my dad's age.

KJ is right... the church needs fathers. Not contemporary "God is your buddy" good-time Charlie Christians.

Krispy

2007/8/28 7:58
Compton

Re:

Quote:
One of the things that the so-called "seeker sensitive" churches are doing is they are driving out the older generations. Rick Warren has written in one of his books, and teaches in his leadership training that pastors who implement his techniques of "church growth" will be resisted by "older Christians", and he is encouraging these pastors to let these people leave... dont try to keep them, they'll just be a hinderance.

This is so tragic.

The first century church wasn't afraid of being a sect. Her clean division from the world was her relevancy to it. The Church used to have leaders that raised walls against the flood...but today more and more leaders open the floodgates in the name of cultural relevancy, and compassion, and let everyone in their congregations, saints and sinners, drown together.

It is a common notion that God sees all sins as equal. I do not believe he does. The bible uses phrases such as "the greater sin" (John 19:11) and "greater abominations then these"... (Ezekial 8) These are the sins of false religous leaders who sell their souls for worldly gain.

And then there is the dreadful warning of Luke 12:47.

If only these people would feel sorrow for their transgressions. Then the Lord would forgive them and correct their paths. But they have no interest in repentance, and because they continue to lead millions of people astray in the name of the Lord, they risk the greatest condemnation of all.

The Lord knows I pray for mercy more then judgement, but I believe we are to hate these types of 'ministries' more then any other sin we see in America. My heart is broken over this nonsense. How can these 'teachers' be so self-centered when they have been entrusted with so much influence over God's people?

I wish them no harm or suffering. I do not ask for fire to come down on them. I pray the Lord is able to be merciful in his wisdom to their souls. But as for me and my family...I'll teach my children to recognize and have no respect for leaders like this.

Blessings saints,... love one another as Christ has loved all of us. Gaurd your hearts against cycnicism towards one another because of these shameful events. Pray to be given enlarged hearts to forgive one anothers sins against us. Certainly forgive one anothers' petty differences, so that we can stand together in the coming days. Those who are rich in either spiritual or material supplies, don't be stingy during spiritual and material famines to those who are poor. Give freely and by doing so we'll keep our hearts free of the fearful snares that caught these pitiful leaders.

In one way, it is right to be sensitive to seekers. But be sensitive to their eternal states...not their sinful and destructive interests. Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

MC

2007/8/28 8:44Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Bonnie,

You are prime example of what can easily happen to a person who has been blessed by some ministry. God will use his word to draw people to himself and it may not matter what the vessel looks like. Remember Jesus' words when he talked about the people who appear before the judgement seat, but were condemned? The miracle workers, the ones who had done many wonderful things in his name? Think for a moment about this. The reality is that people in high profile ministires may not be walking with God at all, but are using 'religion' to support their fine ego trip!

Bonnie, this is sad, I know. But what often happens to the new-born Christian is he/she places these people on a pedestal and in essence eventually idolizes them, violating the first of the ten commandments: "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." It is in our best interests to know when we have done this so we can keep people, ministries in the proper perspective. These 'Christian celebrities' are just as accountable to God as the person on the street with no 'ministry'.

Bonnie, when I was a child, I highly esteemed my grandfather. He was a minister, well loved by his congregation and grandchildren, of whom I was the third to the oldest. He took a special interest in me and I loved him much in return. However, in time God demonstrated to me how my esteem was excessive and he showed me how Grandfather also needed a Savior. When I became aware of this, my attitude towards him changed radically. To this day, I am very gratefull for my maternal grandfather, but I no longer idolize him. Follow me?

Blessings,

ginnyrose

2007/8/28 10:42Profile
Talkn2u

Re:

Good Morning Ginnyrose...
How sweet of you to care so much and reply as you have to me...
It is actually funny...that was my sorrow, was that many who put their "faith or confidence" in these high profile "teachers" get dismayed and even leave their walk with the Lord...
That is not me...I must tell you...but looking at my post, it appears that I am sad, because these people disappointed me...
No, my sorrow is for the Name of Jesus being questioned to baby Christians and to the world.

I am very sensitive to what is "right teaching" and false...so all it takes is for me to see one misguided guidance and I am on the alert...

I do think that some ministers "start off" in the right direction...but then pride and the distorted thought that "they" are the reason they are drawing crowds, gets people so far off track that they are deceived and eventually fall completely from that sin of pride.

I am not a new Christian...I am so much a lover and listener of the Men of God on SI and really anything less than their direct deliverance of Truth and their clarity of the Gospel, I don't even listen to...

Have a wonderful Day...
Thank you again for your reply...
God Bless You !!!!
Bonnie

2007/8/28 11:12Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

...and yet, there are those on this very forum who will argue with me till they are blue in the face, making excuses for why we should ignore the letter Paul wrote to Timothy and Titus concerning the qualifications for being a pastor/elder.

So we all ignore scripture, and then weep, wail and nash our teeth when we see this news about the Whites & Bynum. None of these people are qualified to be pastor/elders! The Whites have both been divorced, and Bynum is a woman. I dont know what Bynums history is, so I wont speculate on her marital history... but she is not the [b]husband[/b] of one wife.

And none of these people preach the scriptures, they are [b]all[/b] WOF. It is heresy, and they are false teachers. This is the natural course of WOF doctrine. They said God wants His kids to be wealthy, Jesus said it is easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

Why the shock, folks? None of this news surprises me in the least. You have unqualified people posing as pastors in the pulpit, teaching rank heresy.

They dont represent me anymore than they represent God. Get over it. They are celebrities getting divorced. Nothing new.

Give me a real man of God, who not only preaches the Word but lives it, and I'll call him pastor. Not these fakers and thieves.

Krispy

Could not have said it any better myself.

2007/8/28 11:16Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Actually we should not receive that Randy and Paula are divorcing, instead as believers we should pray for complete and total restoration because in these last days the enemy's plan is to divide Gods people, but that is where the Body of Christ comes in to pray and intercede on the rest of the bodies behalf.

2007/8/28 13:43Profile
poet

Longview WA

Re:

Krispy, again you have a finger on the pulse of God's mind and the way of our wicked generation.

People out there please take what I have to say to heart.
Do you as a christian, as a parent, husband, wife.
Do we take time out every day and pray with our families, pray with our wives, husbands.
As a father I truly try to get my family together as often as I can and we stop what were doing and get into a circle and pray, I will pray for their needs, for their spiritual life their holiness, their relationship to our Lord.
If these leaders "so called" would not be so busy building "their" empires and concetrating on their realtionship with God, divorce would be a thing of the past.
Divorce happens because they are not right with God, and he has blinded them, and is bringing them under a curse. because "their" ministry, money, houses, jets, you name it has become their idol's.
Wise discerning Christian believers will not give to these ministries.
yes we will be accountable to who we give to.
My two cents worth. :-)

2007/8/28 14:16Profile

Re:

Quote:
Actually we should not receive that Randy and Paula are divorcing

I agree completely with your post. We should pray for them, absolutely.

But I couldnt help notice the first line of your post... do you realize this is what is called in WOF as "positive confession"? The words you say have supernatural power, and put faith into motion... and all the rest of that garbly-gook.

Interesting to see how WOF has so saturated the church today, is it not?

Krispy

2007/8/28 14:17
FreebyWord

Re:

Krispy, your last post (of many I've noticed) is confusing. You begin the post saying you agree with everything MrBill wrote, then appear to criticize and denounce everything he wrote.

Please spell it out for the dim witted.

2007/8/28 15:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
Actually we should not receive that Randy and Paula are divorcing, instead as believers we should pray for complete and total restoration because in these last days the enemy's plan is to divide Gods people, but that is where the Body of Christ comes in to pray and intercede on the rest of the bodies behalf.

The body of Christ? The body of antichrist maybe, these are false teachers, enemies of the cross, mark and avoid them. it is the enemies plan to make people believe that they are part of the body of Christ, rather then the great whore.

- Jim

2007/8/28 15:19

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy