SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : I don't like airplanes.....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: I Don't like airplanes

Hi Danielle,

Am just up the road off the El Camino from where you used to live and must admit something that has always struck me strange living here. Used to work at the Quality Tune-Up just around the bend there from Granada and the El Camino and it was a place where a certain individual Christian acquaintance had followed me from station to station in those days, peppering me with tracts and being a general nuisance or rather annoyance. ;-). Lived in the South side of SJ in those days, moved on to Morgan Hill, bought a condo, met a girl ... Apparently I was a very slow convert, but to be back in this same area some 20 years after the fact, to look back on it all ...

That journal entry there ...

Quote:
How many of us, at the Father’s command, could order our own death? But this is exactly what is required of each of us – of me. That I lay my own will and desires and plans on the altar and bring down the knife.

What a tremendous notation.

Quote:
As I remembered that prayer this morning, the thought came to me – what if it takes my death? What if my death would be the catalyst for my entire family to get saved? Would I still be willing the pray “whatever it takes”?

Large questions, have done similar musing and have prayed as much ... sometimes I think it may well be the only way.

A remarkable spirit you have sister.
Will be praying.

2007/8/26 11:37Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
Hi Danielle,

Am just up the road off the El Camino from where you used to live and must admit something that has always struck me strange living here. Used to work at the Quality Tune-Up just around the bend there from Granada and the El Camino and it was a place where a certain individual Christian acquaintance had followed me from station to station in those days, peppering me with tracts and being a general nuisance or rather annoyance. ;-). Lived in the South side of SJ in those days, moved on to Morgan Hill, bought a condo, met a girl ... Apparently I was a very slow convert, but to be back in this same area some 20 years after the fact, to look back on it all ...

Mike,
Sometimes I am amazed at how circular life can be at times. The person who had the biggest influence in my salvation was an old boyfriend that I had treated horrendously. And the very one that should hate me was the one that the Lord used to show me His love.

Quote:
There is a phenomenon in the rational world well worthy of consideration, inquiry, and solution--the strange and fatal insensibility of men to the grand fact that they are mortal! Since it is infallibly certain that they must and will die--and since death is so solemn an event--how does it happen that so few ever seriously think of it, or really prepare for it?

One would think that so grand and solemn a fact as death, especially viewed in connection with the events which are to immediately follow it--heaven, hell and eternity--along with the uncertainty how soon it may be realized--might operate with an unlimited and altogether overpowering influence upon men's minds and hearts! ~ J. A. James

Couldn’t help but notice your signature. I have no idea if it’s a recent change, but it seems very appropriate that I should notice it today.

God bless you Brother
Danielle

2007/8/26 14:48Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I will be praying too sister..

Sorry I missed the prayer too.. when you get back for sure...

In His Love
charlene

2007/8/28 1:57Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

But the Lord is with me as a mighty, awesome One….Jeremiah 20:11

I have the most wonderful peace regarding this trip. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me. See you Thursday…..

Danielle

2007/8/28 15:34Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Flying is for the birds ... and eagles

Quote:
I have the most wonderful peace regarding this trip. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me. See you Thursday…..

Praise God ...

2007/8/28 15:55Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Flying is for the birds ... and eagles

anyone see this brokenone is about go up in the air,, Please pray for her thanks

charlene

2007/8/28 18:23Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

she is on her way back right now

please pray
thanks

2007/8/30 18:51Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

1 electrical glitch
2 delayed flights
1 re-directed flight due to bad weather
2 hour wait on the tarmac at Oklahoma City
3 hours at DFW trying to rebook the missed connection
1 night at a hotel with no suitcases or change of clothes, and only 2 hours of sleep

1 very wonderful flight home to Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Thank you for the prayers. It is good to be home.

2007/8/31 13:10Profile

Re:

Glad to hear you made it safely home, sister! Sounds like the Lord gave you plenty of opportunites to give thanks in all things. :)

Looking forward to talking and praying together soon.

~Joy

2007/8/31 15:26
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

me too.:)
I when I went to China byself a few years ago. I was a little fearful of finding the right gate and such.. I was on the plan, and God lead to a Chirstian women who help me when I got to China.
Everything I went on a trip, it ever turn out the way I think it would. Although I always got there.
I am glad you made it back..
God bless you sister...
deeper and deeper we pray we ask make us like you Jesus.. this Is our prayer..

In his love
charlene

2007/8/31 22:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy