SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The gift of healing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
theopenlife

The gift of healing

I was asked to post a question on Sermon Index by a friend with no internet connection.

She would like to know if there are some reputable books or articles dealing with various sides of the healing doctrines and answer the questions, Does God still miraculously heal? When? By whom?

Thanks!

2007/8/25 2:59Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: The gift of healing

Quote:
Does God still miraculously heal? When?

Hi again Michael,

Two or three years ago, my pastor was diagnosed with tumor, he was at that time 33 with wife and three little daughters.

He had appointed for operation. When he went there, on the operation table the Dr. was making his last preparations for the surgery.
But after some time the Dr. said to him: "Stand up and go home, you don't have anything"

He stoop and went home to rejoice with his daughters and wife and the church, praising God for the miracle healing, right before the surgery.

The medical pictures from the tumor today are still here.

The last sermon before the surgery that he preached was this:

John 12:4 When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.

And instead we as church to encourage our pastor, we got encouragement from him. And this was fulfilled few days later and God's name was glorified.

This is just the shortest possible version of the story.

Yes, He still heals today, He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Amen.

Kire

2007/8/25 3:23Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Thank God for your pastor's healing.

Anyone else?

2007/8/25 14:00Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Quote:

theopenlife wrote:
Does God still miraculously heal?

YES

Quote:

When?

When it pleases him and he see it fit for glorifying his name

Quote:

By whom?

Always Jesus...

i think there are some threads on this subject before, i remember one that was quite long, but if you do some digging you can find some threads on this subject

Gods Blessing to you

Christian

2007/8/25 14:05Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

God healed me from anorexia last year [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17618&forum=44]Testimony here[/url]

However, I have a friend who is a believer and has been a bulimic for over 10 years and she has not yet been healed.

And I have wondered why I was healed and not her. I don't even pretend to understand this. All I know is that God is God and I can trust Him no matter what. Even when I don't understand.

Danielle

2007/8/25 14:12Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

[url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0882435450/ref=dp_olp_2/102-8776667-4399347?ie=UTF8&qid=1188065998&sr=8-1]Seven Pentecostal Pioneers[/url]

[url=http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Spirit-Power-Pure-Classics/dp/088270947X/ref=sr_1_8/102-8776667-4399347?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188066118&sr=1-8]The Holy Spirit and Power by John Wesley[/url]

2007/8/25 14:22Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

brethren Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

we could always look in the word from Genesis to the Revelation, lots of instances of healing there :)

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus' Name. AMEN.

2007/8/25 15:11Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

This is my opinion based on observation.

Bona fide healings likely are not 'performed' by high-profile persons, but by 'persons' who walk humbly before God, lest the honor would go to the 'miracle-worker'.

The miracle of healings I have heard of were not those 'performed' by persons who have written a book about them or who were even well-known, but by obscure persons who loved the LORD.

When one hears of healing campaigns being promoted, I tend to see red flags. If the healing is divine, God gets the honor and the hand by which he uses to accomplish this is a humble person. How many faith-healers do you know who possess this quality?

What do you think?

My thoughts...

ginnyrose

2007/8/25 15:53Profile
reformer

Re:

I believe God still can heal today. I believe he has and will continue to do so, according to His will and for the glory of Jesus. However, I don't think it is the type of healing that goes on over the TV.

My two cents

2007/8/25 22:48Profile

Re:

theopenlife wrote:
Does God still miraculously heal?

YES
Quote:
When?

moe_mac
Everyone that is a child of God is healed at the new spiritual birth, permanantly, and the second half of the question is yes also, HE heals our mortal bodies at times, whenever it brings glory to HIM and it is in HIS plans and purposes. Yes, it still happens today permanantly (when saved) and temporarily such as cancer, injuries and all other. The called have received the promise for the permanant, sealed with HIS SPIRIT until the day of redemption. So I could say both the permanant and the temporary in my life. Sometimes He heals temporarily, before HE completes the permanant. The last breath we all just took was only because HE wasn't ready to take us home yet and He still had things for us to do here on earth beforehand.

2007/8/25 23:17

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy