Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Experiencing overt spiritual warfare

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I agree with my sister, in many ways. Praying over things in your house.. and really seeing is there things that I shouldn't have? I have pray like my sister and it helps.. But there are differnt wars.. But the same God, so all battles are to be fought with and by the Lord, he is our banner.

One thing I do also I have the word at hand, I put it to my mind and go over it and over it..

praying truth, for the truth sets us free.
In Christ we have victory.. So we must run to him..and Give him the battle,

Knowing our God and knowing how much all more we need his grace. SO falling in prayer God hear I am fill me with your grace, let your promise be ture, Help to be as you will. What can we without. God wants we humble to cry to him

blessing

2007/8/25 20:00Profile
pastorfrin

Re: Experiencing overt spiritual warfare

There are many who give power to evil that evil does not have. Just because someone wrote something in a book, or a movie showed evil with power, does not mean that this power exist over the child of God. Our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the grave abides in the child of God.
Read the Word of God, all power has been given unto the child of God to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, if you are a child of God stop giving satan power he does not have.

Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. [19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mark 16:15-18
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. [16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

1 Peter 5:6-11
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: [7] Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. [8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: [9] Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. [10] But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. [11] To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Several times over a number of years I have awoke to the feeling of an evil presence,
I spoke in the name of Jesus Christ be gone, you are not welcome here and it left.
It had to, there is no choice for it must obey when a believer evokes the name of Jesus.
We need to know who we are in Christ Jesus and what not to fear,
1 John 4:15-18
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. [16] And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. [17] Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. [18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Remember, we are sons of God, joint heirs with Jesus Christ; we need to act like it, and not back down to the roar of a want to be lion who has no teeth.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/8/25 21:11Profile
reformer

Re:

I don't think that there are demons lurking on every corridor of your life. What I mean is, if you have a headache, you got a headache, not a demon sitting on your head. When I was a staunch charismatic, I would do somethings that were now pretty goofy; such as the example I gave you. I do believe they are real and they will influence you in many ways. I firmly believe they want you you think they are the scary, ugly, boogie man. I think it is a tactic. Thats why I want to suggest a book by Randy Alcorn, "Lord Foulgrins Letters" It is a fictional book, not a instructional book. Basically it is written from the view point of the enemies mind. It is letters that have been confiscated detailing the enemies plan. It is very eye opening and causes you to think of the subtleties the enemy uses to compromise us.

I think we spend to much time talking to the devil. In Jude it says verse 9 "But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare to pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

I think we should leave the rebuking up to the Lord Jesus, as Michael did!

2007/8/25 22:29Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

The most practical teaching I've ever heard on the subject of spiritual warfare were from Dean Sherman of Last Day Ministries. He has a whole series of teaching videos. Here is a link for some of his writings.

http://www.lastdaysministries.org/articles/spiritualwarfare.html

2007/8/25 23:45Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Thank you to everyone. In reply to the previous poster, yes I have personally read Mortification of Sin, by John Owen, and TCICA by Gurmall (though not all, it got "borrowed")... these are exactly what I recommended to my friend and she will be reading them soon.

I am in hand with the belief that whom Christ sets free is free indeed and, if we resist the devil He will flee from us. Primarily, our resistance is indirect and is fought by sanctification and trust in the efficacy of grace through Christ; not by Christianized mumbo-jumbo being said in certain ways over the TV and toaster.

My friend works in a health store. She was informed by the owner, a professing Christian, that she believes their medical equipment is possessed because they use it on non-Christians. The owner "rebukes the demon in the machine" before using it, or else she fears false readings.

I know where I stand on these things, and I'm glad to have additional resources. Eli, thanks for the Prince book, as well as all the others that everyone has mentioned.

Love to all,

2007/8/26 3:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy