SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is the wearing of paint a sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
FreebyWord

Re: paint? pants? hhhhaaaaaaa

This is a first--humor on the forum:

Got tears laughing my head off i.e., moe's and krispy's posts

Thanks moe and krisp. I needed a good belly laugh.

2007/8/24 14:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Corey wrote:

Quote:
The opposite side of the coin are men who drive sports cars

Quote:
Makeup, cosmetic surgery, sports cars, and gold cards are, in essence, all lies

Interesting observation....from a male, for sure!

Just recently I looked into the mirror and am noticing how my age is showing in my face...wrinkles are showing up that were not there ten years ago and I got to thinking....I know a lot of Christian males who love to drive fancy, expensive pick-ups. These toys costs tons of money. If you would spend $10,000 less for one, you would still have a very nice pick-up, even a shiny one. Now I likely could go have a face-lift done, get rid of my wrinkles for less money then $10,000...what would these males say? That I am vain, waste money needlessly because the face will fall again in a few years...and I would say they would think they need a new truck by then...on and on...

Ah well, good thing I am a person of limited means..on the other hand there is the Spirit that convicts, so perhaps he is using natural things to reinforce his will?

Interesting discussion....

ginnyrose

2007/8/24 17:50Profile

Re:

Quote:

rowdy2 wrote:
Because I in the flesh am guilty of the law and must not and cannot judge others. All power to judge was given to the only Righteous Son that fulfilled the law and as the only righteous one reconciled me unto Himself. My flesh to is under the curse of the law which is death and my flesh will die, but according to the spirit I have eternal life through faith in Him who justified me by His love on the cross.

Eddie

I understand your point and agree and I also feel it is by HIS grace. However, about judging, when I hear or see this comment, I am compelled once again to say. If you seen a woman you thought was dressed unappropriately and slapped her, punished her in a physical sense, then you have been the Judge. Merely making a statement about someone or something is not judging. If it were actually judging then all the Apostles, all the preachers, that are called by God and to preach the Word, and we have many who are not called by God that think they are preaching, but are only tickling ears trying to win the approval of men, and also all other christians that speak God word would be guilty of what you are calling judging. Brother this is coined term by the liberals, strait out of the mouth of devil to silence the voice of what is sin and is not sin. Often when a comment is made in the manner you call judging, it has nothing to do with and what I am referring to, but ask yourself, if you think that speaking something would be actually judging. Just what does a judge do when he judges!!!!!!!!!
It is a twisting scripture to use it in that manner. It is not christian like to slander or hurt, but the letter kills when you read it and consider what God calls holiness. We all fall short if is all did not for his grace and mercy, we have no hope.
If you do not agree that's ok. You can be wrong if you want to.

2007/8/24 18:11
tinluke

New England USA

Re: just my 2 cents... make that my confession!

I still stuggle with the question of make up. A few years ago I felt that the Lord personally told me not to wear eye make up. He brought Matt 6:22 to my attention;

22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light

It seemed that the Lord was saying that I am misrepresting HIM by covering up my eyes!! I really felt free from the need to wear make up and even blessed not to wear it. One day my 97 year old great-grandmother noticed and said "you have no make up on...you look so pretty!" And my husband made comments encouraging my new natural look, but I have to confess, I went back to wearing it :-?. A few people commented that I look tired and some even asked me if I was sick! That was all it took for me to go back to wearing paint!

Ughh, I feel like a creep now. Now that I've written the whole thing down, I relized how I've disobeyed God!

2007/8/24 23:46Profile
JennRich

Alabama

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Walmart has reading glass in the pharmacy for not too much money... if you got a pair, you might just look like this: 8-)

Kinda cool, huh?

Krispy

Krispy, you're so funny!

I thoroughly enjoy wearing makeup and my conscience is clean before God, that I am NOT doing it to control men (as Corey would accuse me of). I just like looking my best, whenever possible. I homeschool my children and they have to look at me all day; I don't want them to carry around the memory of a dreary and sloppy mother the rest of their lives.

I do know women who don't need a bit of makeup -- they look great without it; but I'm very washed out without a little color.

Culturally, no I do not believe that makeup nowadays is linked with sin. Most of the time -- among women of modesty -- it is considered a tool to just enhance one's natural beauty.

2007/8/25 1:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
Scripture makes it quite clear that a number of women in the Bible were very pretty. "Fair" I believe the KJV uses often... a bit of an understatement I think. And in the majority of cases, these were godly women.

I don't know that the majority of these "beauties" were necessarily godly: Eve, Delilah, Bathsheba, Jezebel...

Sarah's beauty got Pharoh's attention. Rachel's beauty compelled Jacob to stick around the farm another seven years. Tamar's half-brother was so infatuated with her beauty that he raped her and tore the kingdom in two.

In my unsaved days, I found the major difficulty in dating a beautiful woman is that everyone else wants her, too. And the major difficulty for a woman dating a wealthy/powerful/famous man is that he's attractive to most single women.

Seems to me one cure to this madness is to be satisfied with Leah instead of obsessed with Rachel.

The other is, if you happen to be moderately attractive naturally, don't go place a stumblingblock before the world by becoming a bombshell.

2007/8/25 3:28

Re:

JennRich said

Quote:
I thoroughly enjoy wearing makeup and my conscience is clean before God, that I am NOT doing it to control men (as Corey would accuse me of).

I wouldn't accuse you of a thing.

2007/8/25 3:35
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Is the wearing of paint a sin?

Judging the physical appearances of women would be laughable if not for the teaching of The Word and examples like the Taliban and the 1692 Salem witchcraft trials didn’t exist.
Eddie

(Isa.29:20-21
20 For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off:
21 That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.)
(Matt.7:1-5
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.)
(Lk.6:37-42
37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.)
(Lk.12:57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?)
(Jn.7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.)
(Jn.8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.)
(Rom.2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.)
(Rom.14:1-15
1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.)
(1Cor.4:3-5,7
3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?)
(1Cor.13:1-6
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;)
(Jas.4:11-12
11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?)

2007/8/25 7:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy