SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Marilyn was taken to the ER

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

Marilyn was taken to the ER

This a women who goes to my church up here in Flagstaff, she has been fighting cancer for about 1 1/2 it just come back again. She has one daughter that still lives with her. She is a very godly women.

Marilyn was taken to the ER this morning. Her temp shot up to 103 this morning and the Dr said to call the paramedics. Her port area looks red and that maybe where the infection is. She will be in the hosp for a few days. Because her white counts are still so low, it will be best if she didn't have visitors. Please pray the infection gets taken care of quickly.
Please pray as she is alone would have the hope and joy of the Lord.
Please pray infection will go away
please pray her white blood count will go up
Please people will be willing to help her, with whatever needs she has.
when she goes home she will need people with her. Please pray people are willing to help

thanks
charlene

2007/8/22 13:28Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re: Marilyn was taken to the ER

The same thing happened last week with a family member who just got done with Chemo in June. She started running 103 temps and they found out she had an infection and dangerously low white blood cell count. She was put in a "clean room", given powerful IV anti-biotics, and shots to spur the marrow to produce more WBC's. After 6 days in the hospital she is home and recovering.......

I will be praying for Marilyn to have peace, to be an incredible witness to those around her who are unsaved or weak in faith, to heal from this infection, and for the doc's wisdom on the proper protocol............and for her daughter.

Blessings.........

2007/8/22 15:11Profile
Nellie

Our God is able to meet each need.
May He bless you for sharing the request.
For caring.
Nellie

2007/8/22 15:32Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

He will do good for her. Whatever we ask the Father.

2007/8/22 16:31Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

thank you all for your prayers,,,
I am thankful for you all...

God is faithful I am thankful to my King...

In his love
charlene

2007/8/22 16:33Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

she is in phnx, and will be needing caregivers, the nest two weeks, pray everything will get worked out//
she is very weak right now. As the cancer has come back... she needs her white blood cells to go up

thanks

2007/9/1 0:43Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Update on Marilyn

Thank you all for your cards and birthday wishes! I had a great birthday. My energy continued to increase both on Saturday and Sunday and made my days quite enjoyable. I really appreciate all your prayers and support.

I've been home from the hospital since Wednesday, September 5. I've been able to be at my home during the days (thanks so much to my caregivers!) and work from home. It feels great to be productive again and earning some income.

My next course of chemo is September 24 - 27. I'll get my chemo through the pump again, not at the hospital. I expect to have a couple of days of adequate energy and then 3-5 days of needing to rest.

We are waiting to hear from the transplant oncologist how quickly I can get to a transplant. We expect to hear in the next few days. I have 3 sibling matches. Pray God will make very clear who is to donate. Also, please begin praying that He will quickly and easily work out all the logistics for the transplant; a place to stay, caregivers, etc. He did it so marvelously last time I have no doubt He'll do it again.

2007/9/14 23:23Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Please be praying for Marilyn. The doctors found that she has a slight case of pneumonia. They are hoping that the antibiotics that she is on will get rid of it.

Thank you for your prayer,

2007/9/19 13:37Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I have just seen Marilyn Seumptewa and she asked for the following prayer for this evening, Monday.
Two units of Blood are RIGHT NOW (6:00pm) being typed and marked for Marilyn to be immediately air lifted to FMC for her to receive as quickly as possible.
Marilyn has an appointment in Sedona with her doctor at 10:30am tomorrow (Tuesday).
Please pray:
The blood gets here this evening and she can be transfused in plenty of time (during this evening sometime) for her to make her appointment tomorrow.
Please pray God's intervening in this series of events to enable this transfusion to take place this evening.
If I have garbled this request, I'm certain the Lord will honor our petition to His glory.

2007/10/2 18:43Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Several things I wanted to update you on:

1. Thanks to all of you who prayed for me the other night. I needed to get red blood cells on Monday and had an appointment in Sedona yesterday morning I wanted to keep. It looked like the hospital might not get me in for the transfusion until Tuesday morning. So I asked as many people as possible to pray they'd call me as soon as the blood arrived from Phoenix , even if it was late. They called me at midnight and I was transfused during the night, released at 7:30 in the morning and was able to keep my appointment yesterday in Sedona. Praise God for answering our prayers!

2. I had a scope of my right lung last Thursday to determine what the cloudiness is that wasn't clearing up. The initial report appears that it is nothing abnormal. It could simply be scar tissue from when I had pneumonia last December. The test that will tell if it is something fungal takes 4 weeks and the one for TB takes 8. But the doctors are certain I don't have TB because I don't have any symptoms. So we'll have the final report in about 3 weeks.

3. I have an appointment in Phoenix tomorrow with the transplant oncologist. We will know better after tomorrow's appointment what he thinks the next step in my treatment should be. I probably won't know final decisions until he speaks with my regular oncologist and I meet with her next Wednesday. I'll let you know the outcome of those appointments.

4. My blood counts still continue to be unstable. I still have to get platelets about once a week an then occasionally get red blood cells. This may simply be what my life looks like until we move to a transplant from a sibling or we reinfuse my frozen stem cells left over from last year. Pray God keeps me from discouragement as I watch Him play out His plan.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

Love, Marilyn

2007/10/3 17:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy