Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Terrorism and Persecution

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

Do you realize that Pharisees were the "good guys" back then? It was Pharisees that were the most likely to accept Jesus' message, and as it turns out, they DID. A great many of them did. Why did Jesus come down so hard on them? Because his message was directed for them. He spent a lot more time talking with them, the ones that LOVED GOD MORE and the ones that HELD THE WORD TRUE than the Sadducees, who didn't even believe in spirits, who were obviously the "liberals". Why did he come down so hard on them? So that they would produce more fruit! Jesus didn't hold much common ground with the Saducees, but he had a ton in common with Pharisees, which is why folks like Nicodemus jumped right in with him, he saw the purity of the message and the bloated traditions of the Pharisees and understood that Jesus was taking a sword and cutting out the traditions, not the word. And later on when this was understood, Pharisees were some of the MOST ARDENT followers of the Christian faith. THEY were the fundamentalists of the day, but the problem was bloated and traditional religion, as opposed to a pure relationship with God.

Likewise, I'm trying to get us to seperate ourselves from some of our beliefs that we have and question which of those is really of God? Abortion is a terrible evil of society today, but is it our job to protest with signs outside clinics? No, it's our job to lead people to Christ... if they had Christ, they wouldn't have abortions! Islamic terrorists are evil, but is it our job to go and kill hundreds of thousands of them? No! The world will deal with the things in the world, or job as Christians is to not be infiltrated by the world or the policies of the world. Forget about protesting "traffic tickets" or outside abortion clinics or whatever political end you may try to achieve, if it's not of God it won't go through. The mighty Church of God has diversified it's interests until it has fingers in every pot everywhere, and our message is polluted with inconsistancies for the sake of those we might call "allies" that we really have nothing in common with.

I'm aware of what type this forum is, I've been a member for several years. I posted this on here because I felt that there were people here that knew Biblical truths, and I wanted to hear the thoughts from some others that I would consider "fundamentalists", with the calling on God placed upon them. WRT is a book that I would consider to draw a great deal of fundamentalists, revivalists, etc, and this is the biggest bastion of folks that have read that book (that I know of) and that it has struck a cord with. If there are people like that, then I'd like to hear their thoughts without them immediately discounting me as a california hippie that wants to live in anarchy, or something to that effect.

2007/8/22 17:05Profile
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

That was his direct quote, in response to a mosaic law that she should be killed.

Mercy rejoiceth against judgement.....

2007/8/22 17:07Profile

Re:

If there are people like that, then I'd like to hear their thoughts without them immediately discounting me as a california hippie that wants to live in anarchy, or something to that effect.

moe_mac wrote:
A man or women's geophahical location is not relevant to or has anything to do with their relationship with the Lord. Only when ones theology, thinking and heart is in line with the majority of Californians, as I hear I know about, and I might say, some other states, as well, including the one I live in, that makes the statement, if he indeed one is lined up with the same thinking as the worldly majority. Hopefully this is not the case with you.

2007/8/22 17:26
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

"Can any good thing come out of Nazareth?"
"Come and see..."

2007/8/22 17:31Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy