SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Terrorism and Persecution

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

By the way... you're true colors are coming thru loud and clear. You may deny it, but you [b]are[/b] bashing Bush. You say you're only interested in the Bible... how then do you justify bearing false witness against another? You admit you can not proove Bush is financially profitting from the war... yet that's what you have stated. That is bearing false witness. It is lying. It is gossip... unless you can proove it... which you admitted you cant.

I can see clearly what your agenda is... and it has no place on this forum.

Krispy
Krispy

2007/8/22 15:20

Re:

You can try to pigeonhole me and put me in whatever group you think I belong in, but I don't have a clue what you're talking about to "eliminate traffic tickets".

moe_mac
I realize that, you can't even read and answer a simple question. I'm sure everyone else understood the question and point and You did too. Just didn't like how you would have had to answer the question. You answered it anyway, by not answering it.

2007/8/22 15:57
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

Fine. Pigeonhole me as a liberal Bush hating hippie from California. It's easy to negate the message if you label someone as a cliche`.

Be that as it may. I shake the dust of my feet off from you.

Is there anyone else who has any comments? I'd like to hear the thoughts of fundamentalists who believe what Jesus preached, and not political activists.

2007/8/22 15:57Profile

Re:

Quote:
Is there anyone else who has any comments? I'd like to hear the thoughts of fundamentalists who believe what Jesus preached, and not political activists.

Well... you already have. I'm no political activist. I hate politics. Politics is whats wrong with our government in the first place.

Quote:
I shake the dust of my feet off from you.

Thats only commanded in scripture for when someone refuses Christ. :-) Perhaps something like "I refuse to cast pearls before swine" might be more appropriate?

Lighten up, Francis. I'm trying to inject a little humor.

Sooo... since you've decided to not carry on with me on this topic... can I interest you in a discussion about Bible versions? Or tithing, perhaps? Tongues? Revival? ... you pick a topic.

Krispy

2007/8/22 16:00
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

If the message is not accepted, you move around to the next town. It's clear the message isn't accepted, so I'm simply wondering who else has any comments.

Moe: Your question was ludicrous, and instead of answering the question directly I preferred to get to the point that you were coming from... that you were also trying to pigeonhole me and label me as a deranged wackjob liberal, instead of hearing the message. It's a lot more convenient to attack the messenger rather than face the message. That's what the conservatives (Pharisees) did with Jesus when they didn't like his message. They questioned his upbringing and nitpicked minor violations of their traditions, like "healing on the sabbath" instead of dealing with the healings (or actions) or message itself. In not commenting on what I wrote, you revealed your agenda rather than "forcing me to reveal mine". Please note that I have no political agenda, my purpose in authoring this thread is to raise awareness of what is going on around us and above us. It's a lot easier for me to "stick my head in the sand" and pretend everything is A-OK, than take my head out and face the facts that are not pleasant.

Oh well.

2007/8/22 16:15Profile

Re:

Please understand, before you get in a huff and leave, that I agree with the basic premise of your posts. It's the extras that you throw in that make it distasteful. Try sticking to your point, which you can easily make without bashing individuals.

While I dont agree with your exegesis, you do have good points to make!

I am curious about why you want "fundamentalists" to respond. What does that word mean to you? Whats your definition of a "fundamentalist"? Are you one?

Krispy

2007/8/22 16:16

Re:

Quote:
That's what the conservatives (Pharisees) did with Jesus when they didn't like his message.

I think Jesus was more of a conservative than the Pharisees. The Pharisees kept the Law to the "T"... but Jesus' Law was even more stringent and strict. To the Pharisees adultry was sexual intercourse, but Jesus said that if a man even looks upon a woman with lust he commits adultry w/her in his heart.

Over and over again Jesus tightened the noose around their necks.

Thats not my definition of liberal.

By the way, there are a lot of people here who would consider themselves to be "conservative" on many levels, political and theological... and to imply that conservatives are pharisees is really not very productive.

Quote:
my purpose in authoring this thread is to raise awareness of what is going on around us and above us. It's a lot easier for me to "stick my head in the sand" and pretend everything is A-OK, than take my head out and face the facts that are not pleasant.

Again, this forum is made up of people who are very serious about their faith, and most of whom are seeking God for revival. This is not really a social club type Christian forum. Not that your message isnt needed... but for the most part your preaching to the choir. Rather than come to us with a message, perhaps you should see if there is a message here for you as well.

I think people fair better when they come here to learn and grow and to share. Coming in with a message for all of us really doesnt get to far. Not that we arent open, but you kinda have to get to know some folks before they will be receptive to whatever it is thats on your heart. This forum is like a family. Try and find your place among us (and I'm certain there is a place). Then share your burden. Let us get to know you.

Krispy

2007/8/22 16:20

Re:

Quote:

Zapthycat wrote:
If the message is not accepted, you move around to the next town. It's clear the message isn't accepted, so I'm simply wondering who else has any comments.

Moe: Your question was ludicrous, and instead of answering the question directly I preferred to get to the point that you were coming from... that you were also trying to pigeonhole me and label me as a deranged wackjob liberal, instead of hearing the message. It's a lot more convenient to attack the messenger rather than face the message. That's what the conservatives (Pharisees) did with Jesus when they didn't like his message. They questioned his upbringing and nitpicked minor violations of their traditions, like "healing on the sabbath" instead of dealing with the healings (or actions) or message itself. In not commenting on what I wrote, you revealed your agenda rather than "forcing me to reveal mine". Please note that I have no political agenda, my purpose in authoring this thread is to raise awareness of what is going on around us and above us. It's a lot easier for me to "stick my head in the sand" and pretend everything is A-OK, than take my head out and face the facts that are not pleasant.

Oh well.

moe_mac wrote:
I wasn't trying to pigeonhole anyone. If you can't answer a question you should realize you are pigeonholed on the subject. Many people say politics have nothing to do with a relationship to the Lord. I say SI is not a political discussion place. I'll put it this way. I had rather follow someone who confessed Christ and aided others, than someone who said what has God got to do with anything" I refuse to bow down to that way of thinking. And if you honestly weighed the questions I asked you, then you would be able to see how these people are deceiving many. My faith is not in any President, Prime Minister, but King Jesus and I will support those who follow King Jesus and are not ashamed of HIS WORD.
I am sorry for the volley of exchanges in the issue. This subject is not something I just did research on yesterday. If am going to be wrong about anything. It is not going to be following someone who says God's ways does not matter.

2007/8/22 16:36
Zapthycat

Livermore, CA

Re:

A fundamentalist is one who believes in the fundamentals or basics of their cause. A fundamentalist Christian is one who believes in what Christ taught, and the basics of that message, who have peeled away all of the fluff and tradition and gotten back to the purity of the message.

The purity of the message, that Jesus taught, has a broad range of appeal to people of all types, except the folks that have gotten entrenched in the traditions, and make a good living off of complicating the message. Benny Hinn would not want the purity of the message, because that would deprive him of the millions of dollars he makes. Jesus was against people getting rich off of a message.

"Christian" was applied to followers of Christ, and it means "Christ-like". If we were truly "Christ-like" then we could ask ourselves, "What would Jesus do", like that nifty little wristband, WWJD. Sure, it became a fashionable thing to wear for a little while, but even if it was, it still bears a lot of truth. What would Jesus do? He helped people, he cut out the "middle men" that profited on religion, he purified a system of beliefs into one that honored God above all, and treated mankind better.

Think about this: What would Jesus think about:
The Death Penalty?
Rich tele-evangelist preachers?
Dying for your message?
The apostles picked up on this and carried it on. It wasn't until after they were gone that more layers of bureaocracy were added on, until the catholic church of today, with it's magnificant cathedrals, purple and red robes, and elaborate traditions looks NOTHING AT ALL like what Jesus taught. And every church since then that has come out of the catholic church has taken at least some of the traditions with it, whether it's as simple as pulpits (which Jesus didn't have) or the format of a service (songs and then a message). Almost none of all that is biblical (not saying it's BAD, just not biblical) and no one is free of it. But what John Wesley said still rings true:

"Give me 100 preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not a straw whether they be clergy or laymen, such alone will shatter the gates of hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon earth".

If you desire nothing but God, and fear nothing but sin, you don't care about position, titles, robes, hirerarchy (sp?) recognition, money, buildings, opportunities... you are fundamentalist, you care for the advancement of God's kingdom. Jesus didn't need any ornate buildings, neither do we.

But at least if we free our mind from some of the things that we think are necessities and focus on God, and we start spending our resources on God and his kingdom, he will send down his power to enable us to shake cities and nations.

But if we are stuck in the rut of carnality and caring about the temporal things of this world, then we will spend resources on those temporal things. And the more "things" you have, the more you will want. It's hard (but not impossible) to be satisfied with what you have.

2007/8/22 16:42Profile

Re:

Good! Thats what I believe as well, and is why I call myself a fundamentalist Christian.

I agree with you... except probably on the death penalty. People think Jesus would be, or is, against the death penalty. Yet... Jesus had no problem w/ the death penalty being part of the Mosaic Law. He is God... Jesus gave the Law, because the Law came from God, and Jesus is God. And nothing in the NT indicates that the government should not use the death penalty.

But other than that, that was a good post. Thank you.

Krispy

2007/8/22 16:51

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy