SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Errors that I have made that I have noted to flee from

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Errors that I have made that I have noted to flee from

Errors that I have made (when preaching the gospel) that I have noted to flee from:

1. Spending unnecessary time with people that don't want to talk about God and His word. (or casting pearls before swine... or striving with a scorner) One girl got really angry with me, because I kept bringing up God's word. I had to let it go... because she felt that I was forcing it on her and not being gentle. I told her she loves the world and hates the word of God. However, I was lacking in a gentle approach. I was striving with a scorner.

2. Spending more time talking to men, and not enough time talking to God. I have often desired to weep over men sins... and to weep right before their eyes as I preach to them. It's just not in me though... If I have not wept over my own (daily) sins and wept over sins of others (daily) in my prayer closet. Oh, how I need more of Jesus in me. My love is so cold... when it is without tears. Oh, that souls would hear the word preached from a man of sorrows acquainted with grief. Oh, that they would hear a voice that has spent much time communing with God. Oh, that they would hear a heart that has spent much time meditating on God's word. Oh Lord, forgive me for my lack of heavenly zeal and heavenly sorrow over sin and sinners.

Should we not weep over them even as we preach to them? Is there anything more grievous and horrifying than a heart that is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked? Why should our eyes remain dry as we behold sinners that are in bondage to an evil heart of unbelief?

I recall of people who have wept over dead bodies. But, are there not few who weep for dead souls? I recall of people who have wept because men might burn in hell eternally? But, are there not few that have wept because men and women burn with lust and remain in their sins against a beautiful-holy God?

shouldn't we weep over our sin of not weeping over the sin of others?

-Abraham

2007/8/22 0:33
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Errors that I have made that I have noted to flee from

Quote:
2. Spending more time talking to men, and not enough time talking to God. I have often desired to weep over men sins... and to weep right before their eyes as I preach to them. It's just not in me though... If I have not wept over my own (daily) sins and wept over sins of others (daily) in my prayer closet. Oh, how I need more of Jesus in me. My love is so cold... when it is without tears. Oh, that souls would hear the word preached from a man of sorrows acquainted with grief. Oh, that they would hear a voice that has spent much time communing with God. Oh, that they would hear a heart that has spent much time meditating on God's word

God was showing this to I weep over the body of God. For I weep little. wow is me, that I should pray for the lost. Lets pray more, before as and after we talk with people. How can do anything apart from God? Less reading, less listening to things on how to.. Oh let us pray.. may God bring sorrow and weeping to us. How I care so little, May I really be broken on my face weeping oh God make me a fisher of men..

Oh Father I ask you would draw us close to you
help to let us of the things that take our time to really seek your face and pray..

in his love
charlene

2007/8/22 0:43Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Errors that I have made that I have noted to flee from

Quote:
But, are there not few that have wept because men and women burn with lust and remain in their sins against a beautiful-holy God?

I remeber about a year or so when God broke me, and I wept for Gods holy name. I haven't been the same. I prayed God please let me feel as you about sin.. When I walked into the Church my broke into weeping, they were singing only with theor lips, not from their hearts. So many where living in their sins. I was started crying so bad, I had to leave I went to the prayer room. I wept and wpet over the sin in the Church. He is a Holy God.

Holiness of God, the veiw of sin,,, Is what makes me weep.

But I must say I weep to little, Why do I not cry for badies being killed, is not my heart heavy with sorrow?

Let us turn to the Lord with much weeping..Let us turn to Lord with all our hearts, if love God we will love others. Only God can give us such a love for the lost, but we are to cry out for it..

Bring us to our faces.
Holy King show us your Glory
let us fear you..

2007/8/22 0:53Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
Bring us to our faces.
Holy King show us your Glory
let us fear you..

Amen.

2007/8/22 1:00Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Spending more time talking to men, and not enough time talking to God. I have often desired to weep over men sins... and to weep right before their eyes as I preach to them.

Amen brother, may we be [b]much[/b] with God.

2007/8/22 1:06Profile

Re:

Quote:
I remeber about a year or so when God broke me, and I wept for Gods holy name. I haven't been the same. I prayed God please let me feel as you about sin.. When I walked into the Church my broke into weeping, they were singing only with theor lips, not from their hearts. So many where living in their sins. I was started crying so bad, I had to leave I went to the prayer room. I wept and wept over the sin in the Church. He is a Holy God.

I remember I prayed a similar prayer... I asked the Lord to burden me with His sorrow. I asked the Lord to share His burden and grief with me. I remember the Lord showing me His love for His people through the word. I was weeping and filled with joy unspeakable because God's mercies endure forever and He has loved His people with an everlasting love. Oh, praise Him! He bled for us when He was on that cross. He interceded for us when He was on that cross. He suffered the wrath and bruisings of God when he bore our sin on the cross. He has by himself purged our sins, and sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.
He ever lives to make intercession for us. He has saved us from our rebellious and stubborn hearts. He made us new creatures by His mercy and through the power of the gospel.

When I was a beast, when I was a horrific sinner, when I was the enemy of God, when I wanted to kill God... He died for me, He set His love and affection on me and effectually called me out my sin and death unto new life in Jesus. He quickened me from my sin and death unto eternal life and peace in the Holy Ghost.

I remember weeping because this blessed gospel of Jesus Christ and Him Crucified is rarely preached.

Oh Father, I pray that men and women would esteem your son. Oh, that they would come by thy grace and power. Oh, that they would worship you in spirit and in truth. Oh, that they would embrace you and hate sin. Father, I pray that you would send forth Laborers into the harvest. Father, I prayer for miracles. I pray for true conversions. I pray that you would raise the dead today. I pray that you would set the captives free today. Cause them to be willing to come by thy power and grace. Send me Lord where thou would have me to go. Weep through me, pray through me, live through me, and preach through me. Thank you Father for your mercy!

2007/8/22 1:46
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Praise God, may we pray more..

blessing In His love
charlene

2007/8/23 0:49Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Amen to all that has been said. Abe, evangelism this weekend? Chinese food on me? I was thinking we should spend more time before and after praying for the specific persons.

I have minutes on my phone again. Too bad you don't have yours. I'll PM you my number and maybe you can use someone else's.

Mike:.

2007/8/23 1:55Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I will pray for you guys
may God perpare the way,, for seeds to
planted on good soul.
Glory to God

Blessing
charlene

2007/8/23 2:22Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

How has your time been when shareing Christ?
any names we could pray for?

Father I unworthy with unclean lips and eyes, make us pure and hear our prayers. I repent of my lack of keeping form what is unholy. Let be cleaned, hear from heaven. Holy Father holy fire come dowm on my brothers. Speak through them with power, and your grace. Jesus perpare the hearts before they go. let them live lifes of risk. Bring daily to thire knees. Holy fire come down and use them in mighty ways. Glory glory to your name, for your honor. ues them. Let lost be found and blind see, and hard hearts soft.
let them battle more and more together on their knees. Thank you father for our brothers. Bless and let them take up their cross. and die to self. Glory to your name, amen

blessing

2007/9/1 0:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy