SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SERVER STATUS: download server hacked.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 SERVER STATUS: download server hacked.

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/hack.gif[/img]

Unfortunatly I was not aware but the download server was hacked and used for a denial of service attack in the last 24 hours without my knoweldge. The server was then in turn taken off line by my hosting company also without my knowedlge they didn't even email me. I was just made aware of this situation by a brother today when he commented on the inability to download a sermon. So when I checked to restart the server I noticed this had all transpired.

I have emailed the support at the hosting company hoping to rectify this ASAP. Please pray that this works out. I hope they have not deleted the files on the server to re:upload 35 gigs of audio/video will take months even more.

I will keep everyone posted as things pan out. please do pray that God works this out. I know satan doesn't want these resources avaialbe to the body of Christ and I'm surprised more things like this haven't happened earlier.

2004/5/8 18:56Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: SERVER STATUS: download server hacked.

Just to clarify for everyone the only part of the site that is affected are the audio/video sermons in the [b] [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/]Downloads[/url] [/b] section. All the other functions of the site including the NEW [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/text/]Articles[/url] section are still working perfectly. Also the forums are functional so feel free to continue contributing to the site while this problem is rectified.

[b]The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away blessed be the name of the Lord![/b]

EDIT: I have posted a thread where you can post your prayers and show your prayer support in this time. I hope the Lord allows only what he intends to happen and that things will be restored for the better. Our God is more than able beyond anything we can think or imagine:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1901&forum=47

2004/5/8 20:17Profile
dougkristen

Re: SERVER STATUS: download server hacked.

Hi Greg,

I will be praying for you and SI. Do you still have the backup of the sermons you did a few months ago?

Grace,
Doug

2004/5/8 23:44Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I will be praying for you and SI. Do you still have the backup of the sermons you did a few months ago?

yes praise God that he allowed me to partner with www.crossmap.com and they got me a DVD backup of the sermons. So I essentially have around 90-95% of the sermons backup well its just some 5-10% that I downloaded directly from the web or ftp from other people that I will need to hunt down. Thats quite a big task. But this is all assuming the server has been all deleted. I will know more tommorow hopefully.

2004/5/9 0:06Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

okay I see I've been over reading smith wigglesworth. so I'll keep reading Sending prayer up for you and the site Rav

2004/5/9 0:30Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
okay I see I've been over reading smith wigglesworth. so I'll keep reading Sending prayer up for you and the site Rav

Thanks Brother, yea the [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/text/]Articles[/url] section is fully operational and there are lots of materials there to bless people. Also check out this thread:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1902&forum=12]LINK: Audio Sermon Mirror site crossmap.com[/url]

2004/5/9 9:54Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

The passage came to mind... Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. (I Peter 4:12-13)

The enemy of our souls and of revival would seek to put a stop to this ministry. Glory to God anyway! The impact of this ministry for God and His work is immense and the devil won't take this sitting down! But rejoice! For so were the prophets persecuted before you! Even as the Apostles went away rejoicing for having been counted worthy to suffer for Christ.

Lord if you would bid me say... Let God arise and may His enemies be scattered!Lord I pray that as in the book of Acts that each thing the enemy does to try to stop YOUR work that you will turn it around for your praise and glory! May great fear come upon the people small and great for the glory that shall be revealed! Bring a double portion of urgency and conviction to your people. May this onslaught be a milestone to the great move of God that we so desperately need! May it be just a milemarker on the road to a revival of repentance. The night is far spent and the day is at hand. Intervene oh God, we pray, that your glory might shine forth as the noon day- and that those who for so long has sat in darkness with once again see your great light!

In Christ's Name.

Amen

2004/5/9 14:28Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Well there seems to be some good news that has come out already from the hosting company I use:
----

Hello,

We apologize for the circumstances surrounding the suspension. Your
server was partaking in a large DoS attack that was crippling our
network and we had to shut down the server.

We can do an OS reload for you, which normally have a $30.00 fee, at no
charge. However, all your data on the hard drive will be lost. We cannot
put your server back online without an OS reload. Please let us know if
we can proceed with the OS reload.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
-------------

I am requesting somehow that I can get the 35gigs of audio/video sermons stored onto another drive or some type of backup solution, because it would take months for me to re-upload all that data. Please keep praying that I am able to come up with a reasonable solution with the hosting company. I am also am going to pray and look into more secure hosts and situations to have the sermons archive stored. Thank you all you brothers and sisters that are praying and continuing to pray.

2004/5/9 16:01Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

It appears I will be able to get all the audio/video sermons onto the new hard drive for a small fee and some tedious work! praise God. I will be making sure I have a throughly updated version offline during this next week and also look into other more secure hosting solutions. Praise God.

2004/5/9 16:27Profile
earnestlycontend

Flinstone, GA

Re:

Great news. Any time frame on when we can download again?

2004/5/9 21:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy