SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Conditioning Masses to Take the Mark of the Beast

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

pastorfrin said,

Quote:
Is this not how we avoid the mark?

"[i]While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption:[/i] for [b]of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.[/b]" (II PET 2:19)

I believe the best way to avoid taking the mark is to zealously guard and protect our individual liberty as sons and daughters of God.

The Lord broke our yoke of bondage in Egypt:

"I am the LORD thy God, [i]which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.[/i] Thou shalt have no other gods before me." (EXO 20:2-3)

He broke our yoke once again through His Son Jesus Christ:

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free... If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." (JOHN 8:31-36)

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." (GAL 5:1)

"Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, [i]we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.[/i]" (GAL 4:30-31)

The Lord purchased our freedom with His blood. And if we sell ourselves into Egypt again...?

Considering the scriptures quoted above, is it not a wonder that the man or woman, Christian or not, that allows him or herself to be tagged and databased like cattle, poultry and swine - for "security" purposes - will probably not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven?

2007/8/23 21:14
pastorfrin

Re:

Quote:
Considering the scriptures quoted above, is it not a wonder that the man or woman, Christian or not, that allows him or herself to be tagged and databased like cattle, poultry and swine - for "security" purposes - will probably not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven?

Corey,

I don't think there is any probably to it.
Rev. 19:20

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Those who overcome:

Rev. 7:14
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Rev. 12:11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Oh, praise God there is power, wonder working power, in the blood of the Lamb. Shout it from the roof tops and do not love your life more then the Lord, for He is our life.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/8/23 21:34Profile

Re:

Quote:
Sorry Katy, but I've just about had it with this "salvation by faith alone" doctrine. I know Luther, Calvin, etc believed it, and the vast majority of the evangelicals preach it, but it's not scriptural.

Corey-H, where did you get in anything I said that it's not scriptural or refutes the Word of God. Do you know that we are HIS workmanship, and HIS workmanship is working in us what we work out through the fellowship of His sufferings. I would call that faith working through LOVE, (the only faith that matters) our works of obedience. I do believe I clearly posted a two sided relationship.

WORKS OF FAITH goes like this. Remember Abraham? Now, did he and Sarah faith themselves into having a baby? Or did God tell them after they were both past the age of having children, they would have one. Now tell me what exactly did Abraham and Sarah DO of works to bring that to pass? Or did they rest in what God Promised, and GOD brought to pass? I'm sure their works in the matter was quite pleasureable, but still it was GOD who brought forth a miracle, completely beyond the control of Abraham ans Sarah. This is the whole point of Faith...believing God and what He will do and HAS already done. If Jesus dying on the cross for YOUR sin isn't enough, and your FAITH in what HE did, not you, then are you suggesting we go back to the law of Moses, scripture clearly stating the law could not save anyone?

What are works to you to begin with?

Romans 4 clearly state we are saved by faith ALONE. James however is talking about another time in Abraham's life....long past his initial salvation when God accounted to him righteousness...and that was after Isaac was born. So this continuing FAITH in which we live is a continued walk with the Lord that produces something called OBEDIENCE OF FAITH. So James is saying, your faith will produce God's workmanship in you. Remember "Christ In You" must be there first, before He can do a work in youi to begin with. The fellowship of His suffering is CHRIST IN YOU, not around you or behind you or over you, but IN YOU. Are you also suggesting CHRIST IN YOU has no power IN YOU to work IN YOU? If you say no, then Christ is not IN YOU,and you are not IN HIM.

This IS the evidence you are SAVED to begin with. God doesn't ask an unsaved person to do anything,be anything or work out anything, Why, because He's not in them to begin with, and why would he?

Of coarse our sanctification, of which James is talking about in the book of James, is that we have a certain walk that has the evidence of that obedience of faith. God Told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac,and Abraham obeyed God's voice. Is it because Abraham KNEW God, and KNEW through prior experience God's charactor, God's promises?

As I stated before, to KNOW the Lord and hear His voice, one must be saved to begin with...and our walk with the Lord from then on is those firey trials (James Chapter 1) that perfect our walk and mature the believer.

Faith is the evidence of a continued walk producing the works of faith through LOVE is, submitting to HIS workmanship as HE perfects HIS Children.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/8/23 22:39

Re:

Corley-H,
Just to add another thought. OT saints also lived by faith as did Moses. But remember, after Moses left Egypt, he had to spend 40 years tending sheep, before teh Lord sent him back to Egypt with his WORKS of faith. Now, did Moses come up with all those works on his own? Did he say, gee, I think I'll do this or that, and here, lets turn the water int blood?! How about the parting of the red sea, did Moses do that on his own, in his own power and strength on the fly? Of coarse not ...he obeyed God's voice and did exactly what God told him to say and do, and again it was GOD and the POWER of GOd alone that did ALL in Egypt.

The just shall live by faith...and living by faith is trusting God every minute of every day.
To God be the Glory for all teh things HE has done and will do. To God and God alone is praise and Honor and Glory. And to God and God alone who laid our sin on Jesus Christ, and raised Him from the dead. We are Justified by His Blood and saved by His Life...His risen life. Our salvation is in Christ buried with Him in baptism unto death and raised up with Him a New Creation. You can't do that!!!!! Works can't do that!!!! God CAN do that!!!!

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/8/23 23:07

Re:

Katy,

Sorry about how I expressed myself. I don't mean to berate you. If I sound judgemental, chalk it up to me berating myself for not doing the things He's instructed me to do.

And though I understand that Romans 4 states we are saved by faith, I also understand that our Lord said

"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (LUKE 6:46)

Lot believed the angels, but if he didn't leave Sodom...

Abraham believed God, but if he hadn't taken Isaac to the mountain...

And we believe Jesus, but if we don't visit the orphans, the fatherless, the widows, the single mothers...

If we believe Him, it's time to do what He told us to do.

I think that the evangelicals' attacks on "works" is half the problem with contemporary Christianity (me included).

That's it. Again, sorry if I offended you.

2007/8/23 23:24

Re:

Corey_H,

You know the key verse for Christians is Romans 12:1&2
Present yourselves a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service, and be NOT conformed to this world, but be ye TRANSFORMED, that you may KNOW the good and acceptable will of God.

It's ALL right here, and yet so many breeze right past doing their own thing with an untransformed mind doing what they THINK the will of God is.

For one thing, no one can even KNOW that will unless one is totally surrendered first, and has that renewed and transformed mind, second.

Even the unsaved visit the orphans and widows, but that isn't going to get them into heaven.

So the other way to see this as well is, WORKS WITHOUT FAITH is counterfeit.

We hear so much about works, but we need to clearly define what those works are. Those works are totally surrendering to the WILL OG GOD, and what He has called YOU to do personally.

If ALL Christians visit the orphans and widows every moment every day, then what about the rest of God's will?

LOT DID obey God!
Abraham DID obey God!

You seem to want to judge ALL of Christianity based on some people. The thing is, I’m not concerned with some people who profess to be Christians and are NOT. AND, I hate being accused of not being a Christian based on those who are NOT. Just because there are those who are not, doesn't make God's word a lie, and those of us who are saved liars.

If God called someone to sit at His feet and learn of Him, and nothing more, for 15 years, preparing that person to do something later in life, what business is that of anyone's? Yet, you would probably look at that person and say, gee, he doesn't do this or that. Well, Is that person obeying God? And if he were doing everything man tells him to do, then what about his time the Lord needed him to learn of Him? Would that man be prepared in the time frame of when God will now call him to task? Jonah is a great example of obedience. Seems to me Jonah thought he could walk away, but NOTHING can thwart God's purposes.

Do you remember in the OT when the wall was being rebuilt? Look at how many times people came to disrupt that work, yet Nehemiah stayed focused, IGNORED everything that came at him to distract him, and got the job done. Great story.

Moses spent 40 years with the Lord doing nothing but tending sheep, YET those 40 years prepared him to do a task.

God works in the secret chambers of our heart. Paul spent 14 years on the backside of a mountain learning and getting to KNOW God. Did God have a special clling for Paul? Yes! Did Paul just get saved and go off doing his own thing? NO!

Is God working in your life this way? If not, then why not?

Love in Christ
Katy-Did :-)

PS Edited and Added for content:
Ephesians 2:10
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

You see, if read corrctly, we walk in the works GOD has prepared for us to walk in. One must clearly KNOW God, and have a renewed mind, a transformed mind for us to even know what it is HE Prepared BEFOREHAND that we are to walk in.

2007/8/24 6:25
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

Reply to Katy-did
I agree with you and if we have Christ in us then we have the Holy Spirit and the Father, and a person who has the three will manifest the works of God, our God of love grace and charity and will walk in love and grace and charity and manifest that same love and grace and charity. Its not our works but the works of God of love and grace charity who works mightily in us.

Katy-did wrote
“God works in the secret chambers of our heart. Paul spent 14 years on the backside of a mountain learning and getting to KNOW God. Did God have a special clling for Paul? Yes! Did Paul just get saved and go off doing his own thing? NO!

Is God working in your life this way? If not, then why not?

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

PS Edited and Added for content:
Ephesians 2:10
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

You see, if read corrctly, we walk in the works GOD has prepared for us to walk in. One must clearly KNOW God, and have a renewed mind, a transformed mind for us to even know what it is HE Prepared BEFOREHAND that we are to walk in.

Amen"

End of Quote

Transformation of the heart. Transformed from dead works of greed and covetousness, too works of love and charity by the regenerating presents of God's Holy Spirit.

Amen! Eddie

2007/8/24 9:02Profile

Re:

Rowdy2, I remember the day the Lord opened my eyes to see and grasp and understand these verses, and OH what a day! It's one of those things when you go through all kind of growing pains and wonder at first WHY and What is going on, and it this really necessary kinda stuff , and then, The Lord, at the most precious times says Here, let me show you what I'm doing.

It is the most incredible verses and promise.

We know that God cannot lie, for it is impossible for Him to do so! I LOVE all of God's Word, but there is something so special here that only those who are partakers can really appreciate.

God Bless!
Katy-did

2 Peter 1
1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

11For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Praise God!

2007/8/24 19:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy