SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Conditioning Masses to Take the Mark of the Beast

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
FreebyWord

Conditioning Masses to Take the Mark of the Beast

I've been following news the past 18 months of the federal gov't requiring all owners of farm animals, even owners not classified as farmers, but have of a few farm animals as pets, to submit to having their animals chipped. I agree with the Amish. See article below.

This chipping of animals is no more than conditioning the masses to take the mark of the beast.

Don't miss the not-so-subtle message here. Though the Amish claim a religious right to abstain from chipping their animals and backing up their belief saying they will quit farming, even leave the state, the gov't says the animals will carry the chip or not be sold. It's a page right out the Word of God.

[b][size=small]'Mark of the Beast' drives away Amish [/size][/b]
Sunday, August 19, 2007By Pat ShellenbargerThe Grand Rapids Press

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name."

New International Version,
Revelation 13:16-17

BLANCHARD -- Glen Mast doesn't own a computer, doesn't want one, but he and other Amish farmers complain the state Department of Agriculture is insisting they tag their cattle with electronic chips in violation of their religious beliefs.

State agriculture officials say the radio frequency chips are necessary to track animal diseases and protect public health. Mast and other Amish farmers say the chips' 15-digit number is the Mark of the Beast warned of in the Bible's book of Revelation.

"We're a people who are inclined to mind our own business," Mast said, sitting in the wood shop he operates without electricity on his Isabella County farm. His small herd of dairy cows lounged in the shade of the barn. Across the road, one of his sons raked hay with a team of horses. "We're never happier than when we're just left alone," Mast said. "That's all we're asking."

All over Michigan, Amish farmers are resisting the state program requiring that all cattle be tagged with the electronic chips before they can be sold. Some say they will quit farming if it comes to it. Some say they will leave the state.

"They keep saying that, and that's their choice," said Kevin Kirk, who coordinates the program for the state agriculture department. "Our No. 1 goal is animal health, human health and food safety. [b][u]I know it's hard sometimes to trust the government, but that's what we're asking is trust us."[/b][/u]

2007/8/20 19:01Profile
mom23beagles

Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

Re: Conditioning Masses to Take the Mark of the Beast

Hmmmmmm. I don't have a problem with microchipping cattle, my goodness, all of my beagles are microchipped, for their own safety. If they get lost and somehow lose their collars and tags, the microchip is there to identify them and where they belong (with me). :)

I think you're taking that verse from the Word out of context. I believe it is meant for humans. The technology to microchip humans has been around for the last decade. Nothing new. I do, however, agree with you, that that is the method by which the Anti-Christ will identify the Christians.

2007/8/20 19:47Profile

I think we've conditioned Christianity to believe that this microchip is THEE mark of the beast. If it's the mark of the beast, then why does it have to take wisdom to decipher it? Too many loose ends.

Has anyone ever seen a cow or pig go out and buy and sell?

2007/8/20 19:55

Re:

Quote:

Compliments wrote:
I think we've conditioned Christianity to believe that this microchip is THE mark of the beast. If it's the mark of the beast, then why does it have to take wisdom to decipher it? Too many loose ends.

I don't believe that the microchip as such is "it". As you say, there are too many loose ends. It seems more likely that microchip, and other technology developed or in the process of being developed, is setting us up for the days of the world-wide dictatorship and resulting persecution that are soon coming.

I think that microchip technology could well become the "mark", in the sense that it provides a means of control and compulsion in the worshipping of the false Christ.

And it will be already so familiar and accepted by most, that this control will come upon us unawares.

But the real "mark of the beast" has to involve actual worship of a false god, not having a microchip implanted, as such. The microchip in that case could be the symbol of it.

I don't believe it will be obvious what exactly this "mark" involves until its actually upon us. That's why it needs wisdom to undestand.

666" is said in Revelation to be either the "number of A man" or the "number of MAN" (there's no indefinite article in Greek). It represents the merely human, independent of God.

But it does make sense that it will also most likely be the number of a specific individual man - who represents in his person the whole of man's rebellion against God down the millennia. "whose working is after the working of Satan, with lying signs and wonders." (quote from memory)

The ancient Roman cult of emperor worship was a kind of "prototype" version of what the "mark of the beast" is likely to involve. Just offer some incense and say "Caesar is Lord" and you can do what you like. But Christians said, "No, [i]JESUS[/i] is Lord!" And so many perished, but their testimonies burned brighter than their bodies in the fires of persecution.

This is the seed of true revival!

In Him

Jeannette

2007/8/22 20:10

Re:

Quote:

LittleGift wrote:

666" is said in Revelation to be either the "number of A man" or the "number of MAN" (there's no indefinite article in Greek). It represents the merely human, independent of God.

Is the real danger for us therefore, the danger of the "internal" mark of the beast? Anything of "self", the spirit of "I did it MY way", remaining in our hearts, to which we cling?

If there is nothing in us that responds to this "mark" we will be able to stand in the storm. If not we won't.

Who or what are we leaning on? I find this a huge challenge personally.

The wise man built his house upon the Rock.

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/8/22 20:17

Re:

Quote:

LittleGift wrote:

Is the real danger for us therefore, the danger of the "internal" mark of the beast? Anything of "self", the spirit of "I did it MY way", remaining in our hearts, to which we cling?

If there is nothing in us that responds to this "mark" we will be able to stand in the storm. If not we won't.

Blessings

Jeannette

[color=6600CC]Our Blessed Hope says, He is the vine, and we are the branches, no worries. Fear not!!!!He said the antichrist would be so slick he could deceive the elect if it were possible. Translated, from the KJV, which is mine and Krispy and many others favorite translation, if we are in Christ, it is impossible for the antichrist to deceive us. How exactly that plays out come many different opinions and theories. But regardless of the opinions and theories, we branches all have the same hope and the same answer (JESUS). Be in the vine and make sure we are a a true branch and in the vine and we will all be safe from deception of the antichrist. [/color]

2007/8/22 22:13

Re:

Thanks Jeanette for both your posts, very good reading and thoughts.

2007/8/22 22:19

Re:

Quote:

Quote:

This sounds like a *conditional* salvation to me. If we are IN CHRIST and the scriptures state we are Perfect in Christ Jesus then we are a 7, which means:

Justification by Christ Alone 7
Sanctification by Christ Alone 7
Glorification by Christ Alone 7

Jesus paid it all...all to Him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain, he washed it white as snow.

Therefore those who have washed their robes in the Blood of the Lamb, those who have been planted together inteh likeness of His death will also be in the likeness of His resurrection, the NEW CREATURE in the NEW Creation are 7's...those who have entered into HIS rest are a 7. All else are 6's, man still in his unregenerate state, still attached to the things of this world, who mind earthly things Phil 3...these are the enemies of the CROSS, and these will worship the beast. Those who worship the beast are those who's names are NOT in the LAMBS book of LIFE. That book of LIFE is eternal life of which those who are Born Again have eternal life.

Those who have been crucified with Christ **HAVE** crucified the flesh....Galatians 5*** and are now being changed from Glory to Glory, even by the Spirit of the Lord 2nd Corinthians 3.

At the judgement seat of Christ, we will be rewarded. There is Gold, silver and precious stone, or wood hay and stubble....the wood hay and stubble is most lkely those things we say and do (OUR WAY) and Not God's way. We don't lose our salvation or have we ever received any mark of the beast in doing so. I do believe we will all have a little hay wood hay and stubble that will burn up.

Those who have the Mark of the Beast have clearly rejected Jesus Christ and salvation through His Blood, death and resurrection life alone in Christ Jesus.

Love in Christ Jesus
Katy-did

2007/8/23 9:44

LittleGift said

Quote:
It represents the merely human, independent of God.

Amen.

moe_mac said
Quote:

I began reading Ezekiel recently and came upon this, which, in the light of previous discussions on 'the mark of the beast', made me pause for thought.

The beginning of the chapter and the chapters before are important context, but, I was arrested to understand how God judged us.

Ezekiel 9
And He called to the man clothed with linen, who [i]had[/i] the writer's inkhorn at his side;
4 and the LORD said to him, "Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and [i]put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and cry over all the abominations that are done within it[/i]."
5 To the others He said in my hearing, "Go after him through the city and kill; do not let your eye spare, nor have any pity.
6 "Utterly slay old [i]and[/i] young men, maidens and little children and women; but do not come near anyone on whom [i]is[/i] the mark; and begin at My sanctuary." So they began with the elders who [i]were[/i] before the temple.

How does God 'mark' us?

Is this what Paul meant when he said in Galatians 6:17?
'... for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.'

Or Peter in 1:4:1 and 2 ...?
Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, that he no longer should live the rest of [i]his[/i] time in the flesh for the lusts of men, [u]but for the will of God[/u].

2007/8/23 11:19
rowdy2

Southern USA

The mark of the beast as I understand it is worldliness, indicating they don’t mind spiritual matters and live in a spiritual desert, a desolate God forsaken spiritual desert.
Eddie

Instances of worldliness

Heb.12:16. Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.)

Judah,
(Gen.37:26-27.
26 And Judah said unto his brethren, What profit is it if we slay our brother, and conceal his blood?
27 Come, and let us sell him to the Ishmeelites, and let not our hand be upon him; for he is our brother and our flesh. And his brethren were content.)

-Israelites,
(Num.11:33-34
33 And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the wrath of the Lord was kindled against the people, and the Lord smote the people with a very great plague.
34 And he called the name of that place Kibrothhattaavah: because there they buried the people that lusted.

Ps.78:18 And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust.

Ps.78:29-31.
29 So they did eat, and were well filled: for he gave them their own desire;
30 They were not estranged from their lust. But while their meat was yet in their mouths,
31 The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen men of Israel.)

Balaam,
(2Pet.2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

Jd.11, Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.)
with

-Eli's sons,
(1Sam.2:12-17.
12 Now the sons of Eli were sons of Belial; they knew not the Lord.
13 And the priests' custom with the people was, that, when any man offered sacrifice, the priest's servant came, while the flesh was in seething, with a fleshhook of three teeth in his hand;
14 And he struck it into the pan, or kettle, or caldron, or pot; all that the fleshhook brought up the priest took for himself. So they did in Shiloh unto all the Israelites that came thither.
15 Also before they burnt the fat, the priest's servant came, and said to the man that sacrificed, Give flesh to roast for the priest; for he will not have sodden flesh of thee, but raw.
16 And if any man said unto him, Let them not fail to burn the fat presently, and then take as much as thy soul desireth; then he would answer him, Nay; but thou shalt give it me now: and if not, I will take it by force.
17 Wherefore the sin of the young men was very great before the Lord: for men abhorred the offering of the Lord.)

-Cretans,
(Tit.1:12. One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.)

2007/8/23 12:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy