SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Humbly asking for prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
I would advise anyone with these type tendancies to seek PROFESSIONAL help.

I suffered with depression for a large portion of my life. It reached a low point early in my high school years and I was placed in a hospital “depression unit”. I fought with it for the next twelve to fifteen years. No telling how long I had already been struggling with it. Periods of my life would run relatively smooth for awhile, but somehow the good times would never stay.

In 1998 I started having massive panic and anxiety attacks that lasted for over six years and proceeded to bring my life to a complete stand still. I could not drive myself. I could not leave my house. I couldn’t even answer the door for the mailman. My life was a shambles.

After talking with my family the other day we believe to the best of our memories that I visited the following:

Psychologists 7
Psychiatrists 4
Counselors/therapists, at least 6
Medical doctors, at least 7
This list does NOT include the doctors, therapists, and counselors I visited while living in Mississippi, and these were some of the worst years
And one (big $) “home study” depression/anxiety course

Several of these doctors and facilities were out of state. I was also told I suffered from varying degrees of ADD and OCD. I will not bother listing the medications, but let’s just say I tried them all and I do mean all. One doctor in Mississippi said he was going to recommend “in house” treatment if the medicine I was on didn’t help…it literally was the last one.

People who have not suffered with depression and/or anxiety, along with other similar disorders (I’m still not sure what all I had), will never fully understand what it is like. This type of pain and anguish is impossible to convey. Misery comes closest to describing it.

I was not a Christian during these trying times, but now that I walk with the Lord it is of great interest to me.

I have taken college level psychology classes and studied this topic through personal research and investigation. (Lots of books and tons of articles)

I have spoken with countless “psych” transfer patients while riding with them in the back of an ambulance.

I would suggest a true Biblical counselor, a real servant of God. Nowadays everyone is concerned about degrees and credentials; they want a “professional”

I now stand in front of people all the time. I addressed the congregation just last week. I have been completely, 100 % delivered from all these afflictions and more.

Brother I can tell you one thing. God is the key. If this “Professional” is not a true man of God…leave and find one that is.

I will be praying for you.

2007/8/20 23:12Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

tj. are you a pastor?
in his love
charlene

2007/8/20 23:30Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

TJ, thank you brother ...

2007/8/20 23:39Profile

Re:

Quote:

tjservant wrote:
Quote:
I would advise anyone with these type tendancies to seek PROFESSIONAL help.

[color=0000FF]moe_mac wrote: TJ is right don't fail to do that part of my advice either. Just in case you missed the middle part of my post, again I said, If myself or anyone else has got a medical problem I'll be praying while I'm calling 911 and or on my way to the ER or doctors office.

He may not completely fix the problem, but HE will give you the grace to handle it. Also do not fail to seek all the help you can get from the medical professionals. God has blessed us with many medical people that can aid in all our problems. I will be praying for you can count on others on SI as well. [/color]

2007/8/21 0:29
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
tj. are you a pastor?

No.

2007/8/21 0:33Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

I believe John MacArthur is right on in this article.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16910&forum=35&0]Does God Need a Psychiastrist?[/url]

Grace and Peace

2007/8/21 0:46Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy